You speak as if you are all-knowing, but you aren't. Your judgement is just as flawed as everybody else's.
1) Seems like it!
2) You don't know who would die more, with or without his execution of the general.
3) Diplomacy is not always better than war, since war is already in place the general was already attacking American bases. Also, when Hiroshima & Nagasaki were badly hit (it was a tragedy), the war ended. So history doesn't see as you do.
4) I don't even know what that means, care to use terms I can actually understand? I'm not a politician, I sure hope you aren't.
5) As mentioned in 3, the war was already being enacted by the iranian military.
6) To who? Only to those in leadership in Iran. But according to the video pitzy posted, we are not terrorists to the majority.
Stop pretending like you stand on moral high ground...
2). Let me get this straight. You don't know if killing a high ranking military general and presidential successor of Iran may or may not lead to more civilian deaths? Seriously? What, you think Iran might be all, "Oh, hey , that's cool. We won't retaliate."
3). Did you miss the part where Japan attacked our homeland? You know, the second prepositional phrase in that sentence. And the manner with which you just brushed off using 2 nuclear bombs is rather disturbing.
4). According to the Constitution, the power to enact war was given to Congress, not the President. He has to consult Congress for war. You don't need to be a politician to know this for most US citizens. You're Canadian so it's understandable your are familiar with how our Constitution established checks and balances on each branch of the government.
5). That's not how declaring war works. We were attacked by Japan on US soil and still officially declared war.
6). Then you obviously don't know much about the region. Our government is very much viewed as the aggressor for millions in the Middle East and southwest Asia (Central America too). Was it not us (and the UK) that overthrew their government in 1953 and installed the Shah?
I said I don't want more people to die. Is that really considered standing on moral high ground to you?
Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."