Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

TomaTito said:

I cannot login with the Chrome auto fill password, every time I select the option the popup disappears. 

Same problem, I've been using the arrow keys to get around it until it gets fixed.



The almighty @TruckOSaurus has updated the featured section on the front page. We saw some suggestions and complaints that featured articles disappear too quickly and that people who only visit the site every few days will miss stuff. So we have added two more featured articles on the front page and added a small gap between them to make them standout a bit more.

The updated featured section on the front page should look like this for everyone, even if you are using Dark or Blue modes:



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

trunkswd said:

The almighty @TruckOSaurus has updated the featured section on the front page. We saw some suggestions and complaints that featured articles disappear too quickly and that people who only visit the site every few days will miss stuff. So we have added two more featured articles on the front page and added a small gap between them to make them standout a bit more.

The updated featured section on the front page should look like this for everyone, even if you are using Dark or Blue modes:

This looks so much better, to be completely honest.



My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
trunkswd said:

The almighty @TruckOSaurus has updated the featured section on the front page. We saw some suggestions and complaints that featured articles disappear too quickly and that people who only visit the site every few days will miss stuff. So we have added two more featured articles on the front page and added a small gap between them to make them standout a bit more.

The updated featured section on the front page should look like this for everyone, even if you are using Dark or Blue modes:

This looks so much better, to be completely honest.

I agree it does look better and more modern if that makes sense. I have other ideas on how to modernize the front page, but those would be a long way off. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

If anyone has looked at the GameDB in the last few days you might have noticed a new "platform" called Series. The team decided a way to offer more sales figures was to create a new platform where each "Game" page will be for an entire Series. We are working on getting those up to date and getting an image for it so it is broken. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

trunkswd said:
Nautilus said:

This looks so much better, to be completely honest.

I agree it does look better and more modern if that makes sense. I have other ideas on how to modernize the front page, but those would be a long way off. 

Perhaps a side-by-side so users can see the before/after.



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

I agree it does look better and more modern if that makes sense. I have other ideas on how to modernize the front page, but those would be a long way off. 

Perhaps a side-by-side so users can see the before/after.

I don't have a before picture. Just imagine no third row of featured articles and no space between them. 😋



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

Perhaps a side-by-side so users can see the before/after.

I don't have a before picture. Just imagine no third row of featured articles and no space between them. 😋

I remember, but everyone else won't.

Still, I appreciate y'all helping out and trying to keep this place afloat!



                                                                                                             

CGI-Quality said:
trunkswd said:

I don't have a before picture. Just imagine no third row of featured articles and no space between them. 😋

I remember, but everyone else won't.

Still, I appreciate y'all helping out and trying to keep this place afloat!

I'm happy Truck was willing to do it and he got it done pretty quickly. Other ideas we have will take a lot longer to get done. 



VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo

I stream on Twitch and have my own Youtube

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features

I also post daily news on the Video Game Industry.

If you want to contact me, send me a PM on here or tweet me @TrunksWD

trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

I remember, but everyone else won't.

Still, I appreciate y'all helping out and trying to keep this place afloat!

I'm happy Truck was willing to do it and he got it done pretty quickly. Other ideas we have will take a lot longer to get done. 

On our end as well. I have a few Mod tools I'm trying to add (though it won't take any serious code to do), and further refinement of the Forum Rules (less bloat).