Quantcast
You love RPGs, don't own a PS3 or PSP, and...

Forums - Gaming Discussion - You love RPGs, don't own a PS3 or PSP, and...

outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
1

Haven't played some still, can buy and play on PS2.

The DS is already a powerhouse RPG system. Wii will soon be, especially with the amazing line up this year.

So you're not interested in any of those games at all?

 

If you are a RPG fan, I don't how you could pass those up. (at those prices too!)

 

Well, I do, but ATM not really. There's still tons of games I have to catch up to, and the DS has more RPGs anyway.




Around the Network
outlawauron said:
I would also throw in Lunar 1 and Lunar 2, Thousand Arms, Parasite Eve, Wild Arms 2, and a few others.....

 

Couldn't agree more.

Also, I own PS1 and PSP. PS3 ... I really want it for Valkyria Chronicles, but yea 400€ is a little too much, maybe at 300€.



"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

 

Soriku said:
outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
1

Haven't played some still, can buy and play on PS2.

The DS is already a powerhouse RPG system. Wii will soon be, especially with the amazing line up this year.

So you're not interested in any of those games at all?

 

If you are a RPG fan, I don't how you could pass those up. (at those prices too!)

Well, I do, but ATM not really. There's still tons of games I have to catch up to, and the DS has more RPGs anyway.

The DS has more RPGs than the PS1..........



I thought you were talking about the PSP.

Like I said, I can buy them for the PS2.




Soriku said:
I thought you were talking about the PSP.

Like I said, I can buy them for the PS2.

Well, you can play PS1 games from the PSP. (games for only $7!)

 

Did you read the OP? He said if they brought these downloadable titles, how could you resist the classics?



Around the Network

#2



GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

i still possess the ps1 RPGs I'd keep for life so a 1 from me. Nice to have the option though



"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

I just buy the games themselves.  So no real use for me.



Member #50 of the Sonic Support Squad! :P

Star Scream said:
I also missed some stuff like recently announced '30 second Heroes' from Marvelous, but you get the point - there's a lot of quality RPGs coming to PSP in near future.

 

The PSP's lineup is respectable, but do you have any idea what you're talking about? Have you ever seen an upcoming DS lineup list, ever? Don't.

 

Also, at that other guy, anyone who doesn't know that Oboro Muramasa, or whatever the hell it's called, has more potential than most of the stuff on all the consoles, of every genre, must not know much about jrpgs.



I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

outlawauron said:
Soriku said:
I thought you were talking about the PSP.

Like I said, I can buy them for the PS2.

Well, you can play PS1 games from the PSP. (games for only $7!)

 

Did you read the OP? He said if they brought these downloadable titles, how could you resist the classics?

 

...those aren't the classics. Those might be the cult-classics. The classics usually involve names like Vagrant Story, and Final Fantasy in them, and they are amongst the best games of all time.

Anyone who would buy a PSP or a PS3 to play Suikoden II, just needs to go buy Suikoden V and chalk that missed game up to experience.

A game that I would buy a PSP for? Well, SotN is on PSP, in the form of a sidegame to a much, much worse Castlevania game, but if you've never played SotN, then that's one classic arpg that kicks those other "classics" asses.

 

 

That said, if they released Xenogears(2 discs if I recall) then I'd buy a PS3 to play it on, lol. I have Xenogears, but it freezes at 20 hours in, disc defect. I need to finish it.



I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.