Quantcast
Nvidia's GeForce Now is losing all Activision Blizzard games, a bad sign for cloud gaming

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nvidia's GeForce Now is losing all Activision Blizzard games, a bad sign for cloud gaming

Tagged games:

What do you think

Yes it's a bad sign 9 75.00%
 
No 3 25.00%
 
Total:12

I don’t see this as a problem for Xcloud....everyone in the market now stumbling around just to get in first while Xcloud being rolled out slowly in testing phases and doing quality control.

In the end none of these guys have what Xcloud has: the rich back catalog of Xbox games, Xbox’s 14 studios, and the ability to import your saves from Xbox to Xcloud.

It will never substitute for traditional gaming but I see it being a nice convenience like playing in other rooms in the house, or even being a entry point to Xbox for people that would never buy a console.  



___________

Around the Network
sales2099 said:

I don’t see this as a problem for Xcloud....everyone in the market now stumbling around just to get in first while Xcloud being rolled out slowly in testing phases and doing quality control.

In the end none of these guys have what Xcloud has: the rich back catalog of Xbox games, Xbox’s 14 studios, and the ability to import your saves from Xbox to Xcloud.

It will never substitute for traditional gaming but I see it being a nice convenience like playing in other rooms in the house, or even being a entry point to Xbox for people that would never buy a console.  

Just like Netflix, it'll depend on priceing vs subjective value, and exclusive content that'll draw in people.
Alot of these streaming serives attempting to compete against one another, will just fall by the way side.

in the end, likely only a few of the stronger ones will survive.

This isnt like digital store fronts, where the upkeep costs are tiny, and theres room for so many (even if it drives people mad, haveing so many launchers). Game streaming is expensive, and there likely isnt room for everyone to have their own take at it.

"Is it a bad sign" maybe not for all game streaming, however it might be for geforce now.

*edit:
Honestly though, Xcloud, PSnow, Geforce Now, Stadia, amazon's thingy... and whatever others there are.
The market might not have space for all of them.

Geforce Now, has a huge advantage in that its got some years behinde it, and a big library that hooks up through steam.
Much better games library than Stadia offers. Probably its biggest advantage, if it starts loseing games, due to rights of streaming it could be a bad sign.

Last edited by JRPGfan - 4 days ago

Most likely they want to make money off it whether if the service is free or not.



As expected. Why let someone else profit off of what you own, or share the profit when you can keep all the profit for yourself? Streaming games is a complete shitshow.



Wyrdness said:
Most likely they want to make money off it whether if the service is free or not.

^ this.

Then it becomes the norm, and bidding wars break out between streaming services.
Then that + exclusive content, makes or breaks, some of these services.

You thought it was annouying to keep track of differnt accounts / passwords, and multiple game launchers?
Welcome to the same thing happending with game streaming.

If you end up haveing to own multiple $/month type active subscription services to stream games.....
Im just more and more inclined to say f*** that.

Just give me a normal pc or game console.



Around the Network
Ljink96 said:
As expected. Why let someone else profit off of what you own, or share the profit when you can keep all the profit for yourself? Streaming games is a complete shitshow.

It could well be if this becomes the norm.
I could imagine all these services in bidding wars to keep stuff exclusives or off other services.

And I highly doubt most people would be willing to own and pay for more than 1 active game streaming service subscription at a time.



And people think I'm mad that I buy my music, movies, series and games. The complete balkanization of streaming services is rendering them more and more of a bad deal. The only service I have is Netflix (for now).



Leynos said:
Why cloud gaming can eat shit. Publishers have all the control. Fuck that. It's just going to turn into the BS that steaming films/TV had. Everyone will ask for your $10 a month and instead of an all in one. Every publisher will make their own. Pull shit like this when they feel like it. De-list games forever (Still pissed about X-Men and Afterburner on XBL)

Keep encouraging those pirates.

I'm beginning to agree with that. It seems to me that it's becoming more and more inevitable.



My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?


I think it's probably a little to early to celebrate, but yeah, fuck cloud gaming.



CuCabeludo said:

Many companies are adding to their eula a term which you can't stream their games without their permission.

A lot of games on PS4 already have sections blocked off from streaming on the PS4 Twitch app. I assume it's the same for the X1 versions of those same games. Persona 5 was really bad about that. And I've seen a few Switch games that block screenshots and video on the Switch sharing app.