Quantcast
Scarlett Will Prioritize Frame Rate Over Graphics

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Scarlett Will Prioritize Frame Rate Over Graphics

Tagged games:

Do you prefer 60/4k with reduced visuals or 30/4k with increased visuals?

YES! 27 38.57%
 
No. 5 7.14%
 
Depends on the game. 31 44.29%
 
I dont care. 7 10.00%
 
Total:70
DonFerrari said:

Well CGI could work on different area and his knowledge on the graphical aspect be not much better than ours. Like being a programmer, level designer, etc. But from what he post on the dedicated threads he works on doing models, assets and other stuff that is very graphically intensive and advanced.

Just waiting for next gen to start rolling to see what he will post.

I'm just wondering what the game project actually is, and what it'll be released on and just what we're to expect the game to showcase.



                                       

Around the Network

1080p @ 60Hz plz. I'd rather have 1080p with good effects etc. than 4K with worse effect etc.



Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

Well CGI could work on different area and his knowledge on the graphical aspect be not much better than ours. Like being a programmer, level designer, etc. But from what he post on the dedicated threads he works on doing models, assets and other stuff that is very graphically intensive and advanced.

Just waiting for next gen to start rolling to see what he will post.

I'm just wondering what the game project actually is, and what it'll be released on and just what we're to expect the game to showcase.

Have no idea since he is very silent about it do to NDA, and the screens don't reveal much. But they do look gorgeous for me. For a PC guy like you, they will be crazy insane when consoles move up and your HW can be better utilized as well.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Zkuq said:
1080p @ 60Hz plz. I'd rather have 1080p with good effects etc. than 4K with worse effect etc.

Never gona happen.

MS already used the True4K and other monickers for X1X, if they say the Scarlet will be a 1080p machine people will be confused on why they should buy the "weaker" console to upgrade from what they have. And Sony being cinematic focused will certainly go 4k. If the 720p/900p vs 1080p looked bad for X1 the start of this gen, can you imagine how bad will be 1080p vs 4k?



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

dharh said:

Won't matter what they prioritize if they don't have RPGs. I would prefer stable good frame rates. If that is 1080p/60fs than I prefer that over 4k/30fps. I don't really give a damn about 4k itself. I don't even have a 4k tv and I probably won't until I can get a 34" 4k tv for a cheap enough price.

Why the hell would you want 4K on a 34” TV? How close To it are you planning to sit?



Around the Network
Spindel said:
dharh said:

Won't matter what they prioritize if they don't have RPGs. I would prefer stable good frame rates. If that is 1080p/60fs than I prefer that over 4k/30fps. I don't really give a damn about 4k itself. I don't even have a 4k tv and I probably won't until I can get a 34" 4k tv for a cheap enough price.

Why the hell would you want 4K on a 34” TV? How close To it are you planning to sit?

Eh, I game on a 27" 4K HDR monitor and can sit a good 8-12' away and still be satisfied.



                                                                                                                                            

Spindel said:
dharh said:

Won't matter what they prioritize if they don't have RPGs. I would prefer stable good frame rates. If that is 1080p/60fs than I prefer that over 4k/30fps. I don't really give a damn about 4k itself. I don't even have a 4k tv and I probably won't until I can get a 34" 4k tv for a cheap enough price.

Why the hell would you want 4K on a 34” TV? How close To it are you planning to sit?

Anywhere from 3 feet to 12 feet away.  3 feet is about where it is relative to my desk, 12 feet is relative to where I am in bed.  34" is the max size it will fit on my wall mount.



A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of his first breath to the moment of his last.



CGI-Quality said:
Spindel said:

Why the hell would you want 4K on a 34” TV? How close To it are you planning to sit?

Eh, I game on a 27" 4K HDR monitor and can sit a good 8-12' away and still be satisfied.

Seems like many still use those reverse distance x resolution chartz that are spread around. Where it is bad to have a 4k TV if the monitor is to small, or that it's bad to have a big TV if you sit to close.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Zkuq said:
1080p @ 60Hz plz. I'd rather have 1080p with good effects etc. than 4K with worse effect etc.

Never gona happen.

MS already used the True4K and other monickers for X1X, if they say the Scarlet will be a 1080p machine people will be confused on why they should buy the "weaker" console to upgrade from what they have. And Sony being cinematic focused will certainly go 4k. If the 720p/900p vs 1080p looked bad for X1 the start of this gen, can you imagine how bad will be 1080p vs 4k?

It'll almost certainly be up to the devs and if it is, I can guarantee you there will some games that will not run at 4K. That said, I do expect devs to target 4K rather than focusing on more important stuff, so in that sense, I suppose you are right. I'm not very optimistic about this...



Zkuq said:
DonFerrari said:

Never gona happen.

MS already used the True4K and other monickers for X1X, if they say the Scarlet will be a 1080p machine people will be confused on why they should buy the "weaker" console to upgrade from what they have. And Sony being cinematic focused will certainly go 4k. If the 720p/900p vs 1080p looked bad for X1 the start of this gen, can you imagine how bad will be 1080p vs 4k?

It'll almost certainly be up to the devs and if it is, I can guarantee you there will some games that will not run at 4K. That said, I do expect devs to target 4K rather than focusing on more important stuff, so in that sense, I suppose you are right. I'm not very optimistic about this...

Sure it is up to devs. But start of gen it is full of crossgen, so it those games are 1080 or close in PS4 and X1 they will be 4k on next gen.

Some devs will chose to go below 4k some time after, perhaps 1440p. But certainly they won't go 1080p even less for the reason of putting 60fps. If 60fps is the most important thing for you then PC is basically the only option.

1080p will probably be only used by indie devs. There is to big of a generational jump from base X1 to next gen for 1080p to be the general choice anyway.



duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994