Quantcast
Locked: Mention Capability - Fixed

Forums - Website Topics - Mention Capability - Fixed

@TalonMan 

Damn good work.  As always.

Is this only intended to work with the full editor and not the Quick Reply box?



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:

@TalonMan 

Damn good work.  As always.

Is this only intended to work with the full editor and not the Quick Reply box?

Yes - only within the full editor right now. Although, with the discovery of an incompatibility with the "mobile" version of the editor (NOT my doing, but because of an intentional restriction by the TinyMCE developers), I have to rethink this a bit and will probably allow for "manual" mentioning, as well. 

If I revert back and allow for both the enhanced drop-down mentions, as well as a more informal manual method (where you type the '@' and a full and accurate username, yourself), then it will work seamlessly with the Quick Reply, too...



@TalonMan



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

TalonMan said:

You're looking for a Notification and it would show up in your notification listing as "Talon mentioned you in Mention Capability - Fixed" - or something like that. And yes, this change only applies to the mentions - it will not change the thread icon status again...

Edit: One more time...  @Hiku

Edit #2: One more edit...

Ok now I got these two notifications.


So it seems both of those edits triggered them.
I'll check if I get a notification now for quoting a comment that includes my mention.

~Edit~
Nope, so if it's inside a quote box, it doesn't happen? That's good if that's the case.

Last edited by Hiku - on 25 April 2019

kirby007 said:

@TalonMan

@TalonMan 



                                                                                                                                            

Around the Network
kirby007 said:

@TalonMan

Not gonna work if you're manually typing it in (which you obviously are, since it's not colored). I'm thinking out how to allow for both the manual mentioning, as well as the enhanced drop-down mentions...

Hiku said:
TalonMan said:

You're looking for a Notification and it would show up in your notification listing as "Talon mentioned you in Mention Capability - Fixed" - or something like that. And yes, this change only applies to the mentions - it will not change the thread icon status again...

Edit: One more time...  @Hiku

Edit #2: One more edit...

Ok now I got these two notifications.


So it seems both of those edits triggered them.
I'll check if I get a notification now for quoting a comment that includes my mention.

~Edit~
Nope, so if it's inside a quote box, it doesn't happen? That's good if that's the case.

Right - the first one was a bug, which is why I fixed it and edited a second time to generate the proper notification. And yes, mentions within quotes will absolutely NOT generate a notification - which is a good thing!!!

CGI-Quality said:
kirby007 said:

@TalonMan

@TalonMan 

'sup?



SpokenTruth said:

@TalonMan 

Damn good work.  As always.

Is this only intended to work with the full editor and not the Quick Reply box?

Test

Sorry - need to confirm that stupid "A" character encoding, stopped coming out...   Fixed!



TalonMan said:
SpokenTruth said:

@TalonMan 

Damn good work.  As always.

Is this only intended to work with the full editor and not the Quick Reply box?

Test

Sorry - need to confirm that stupid "A" character encoding, stopped coming out...   Fixed!

Fantastic.  That did it.  The encoding is no longer getting mixed up.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

You should be able to use manually entered mentions now - @kirby007 - I think?

If this works, I'll post a new thread shortly, with details...

test