Quantcast
New Front Page is Live

Forums - Website Topics - New Front Page is Live

It took a bit longer than we’d expected it to, but the new page is now live and we’ve fully transitioned from the old software tracking system to the new one. We know many of you will be disappointed by this decision but it had become necessary.

For more information on the background to this move check out this post - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8936045 . We’ve made some slight changes between then and now but the fundamentals are the same.

There are also still some more additions to be made, most notably for example we haven’t yet got a system in place to handle multiplatform totals and so have only added single platform software shipments for the time being, but Talon is working on adding that functionality.

The key changes to the front page are:

  • The Hardware Chart box has been moved closer to the top.
  • Weekly Software charts have been replaced with two new boxes since we’re no longer making our own software estimates (old ones can still be viewed and always will be viewable). Those new boxes are:

 

  • A Latest Charts box, which lists all of our official software chart coverage. We’ve been reporting on those official charts from a wider selection of countries for some weeks now in the news section but this gives them their own section on the chart column.
  • A Latest Shipment Updates box, which lists the most recent official shipment data uploaded to the database. There are platform tabs in this box, so if you wish to only view the most recent shipment updates for a specific platform you can.

On top of that changes have been made to the game pages:

  • If shipping numbers are available they have replaced the old Sales Charts on the top right of game pages.
  • That old Sales Charts has now been archived to a new Sales tab on the game page (so that all of the data can still be accessed).
  • The Sales Tab also includes a historic list of Shipping Updates.

The key next steps will be to allow for multiplatform uploading as mentioned above and to make changes to the top bar.

Questions for myself or Talon, flaming, bitching – all that jazz – please post it below (and keep it to this thread).

Last edited by Machina - on 23 March 2019

Around the Network

Yay for those shipment updates, really love it!



Has anything changed?
Looks the same to me ;)



German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon June 2019 thread

I'll just quickly add - there are changes on the Game Pages themselves now, too. Namely:

- If shipping numbers are available, it will replace the Sales Chart on the top right
- Sales Charts that disappear from the top right, are archived to the new Sales tab on the game page
- On the Sales tab, you can also see any historic (with potential links) Shipping number entries




Machina said:
  • A Latest Charts box, which lists all of our official software chart coverage. We’ve been reporting on those official charts from a wider selection of countries for some weeks now in the news section but this gives them their own section on the chart column.
  • A Latest Shipment Updates box, which lists the most recent official shipment data uploaded to the database. There are platform tabs in this box, so if you wish to only view the most recent shipment updates for a specific platform you can.

I don't see these boxes.  I see only a list (for lack of a better word) or articles on the left, and the regular hot topics forum listing on the right.  



Around the Network
VAMatt said:
Machina said:
  • A Latest Charts box, which lists all of our official software chart coverage. We’ve been reporting on those official charts from a wider selection of countries for some weeks now in the news section but this gives them their own section on the chart column.
  • A Latest Shipment Updates box, which lists the most recent official shipment data uploaded to the database. There are platform tabs in this box, so if you wish to only view the most recent shipment updates for a specific platform you can.

I don't see these boxes.  I see only a list (for lack of a better word) or articles on the left, and the regular hot topics forum listing on the right.  

Going down the left side, you should see:

 - Global Hardware totals graph (as always)
 - Hardware Chart
 - Latest Charts (series of shipping articles)
 - Latest Shipping Updates
 - Prediction League

etc.

Let me know if this is NOT what you're seeing... 



TalonMan said:
I'll just quickly add - there are changes on the Game Pages themselves now, too. Namely:

- If shipping numbers are available, it will replace the Sales Chart on the top right
- Sales Charts that disappear from the top right, are archived to the new Sales tab on the game page
- On the Sales tab, you can also see any historic (with potential links) Shipping number entries


I didn't realise that hadn't been opened up to everyone yet. Will edit the OP.

@VAMatt - tried clearing your cache and refreshing the front page?



Also a small bit to add:

If you know about some shipment numbers, that are not yet in the system feel free to write a PM to me.

Keep in mind these numbers have to come from an official source.

Also as Machina already said multiplats are already on our list and will be added as soon as the funcionality is here.

Last edited by Marth - on 23 March 2019

German YouTuber and Streamer:
StarCraft and Fallout 4 currently.

Me trying to write reviews:
Octopath Traveler

Amazon June 2019 thread

Great changes! Thank you for your work.



Oh shipment updates, how I missed you!! :D



Some days I just blow up.