Quantcast
Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sekiro: Shadow die twice, holds strong at 90 on Opencritic based on 111 reviewers. GotY?

Tagged games:

Sekerio, Your Game of the year?

Yes. 9 18.75%
 
No. 20 41.67%
 
Maybe, unsure just yet. 12 25.00%
 
/indifferent/not played/other in comments. 7 14.58%
 
Total:48

Just got the Shinobi follow up attack technique. Combined with the Axe it train wrecks posture even if they block.



Around the Network
Angelv577 said:
I was surprised that you could get two easy stab on the corrupted monk by just climbing to the tree. I did it by accident.

I took one look at the bosses three rezz balls and immeadiatly went, nope! There's got to be a cheese for this cunt and thankfully there was without much effort. I don't feel a bit ashamed of it either, having already been rekt for hours on the corrupted bastard. 

My second time through on NG+ I got him without the tree branch cheese but it was just another form of cheese, running back and forth along the bridge, baiting certain attacks for an opening. Honestly felt better about the two rezz ball cheese as at least we had a square fight for his last ball. 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Cerebralbore101 said:
Just got the Shinobi follow up attack technique. Combined with the Axe it train wrecks posture even if they block.

What technique do you mean exactly?



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

juzou the drunkard killed on first try!
Killed al the enemies around him first,did a sneak attack to get this boss one bar down then i talked to that support char to help me and used firecrackers to have the dude stunned while we two took hits at him with ease.

Also the subboss in the dojo before genichiro is easier if you do not try to time the deflect right when you see the sparkle,you need to do it before that happens because there is some strange input lag.



Immersiveunreality said:

juzou the drunkard killed on first try!
Killed al the enemies around him first,did a sneak attack to get this boss one bar down then i talked to that support char to help me and used firecrackers to have the dude stunned while we two took hits at him with ease.

Also the subboss in the dojo before genichiro is easier if you do not try to time the deflect right when you see the sparkle,you need to do it before it because there is some strange input lag.

Nice. 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

juzou the drunkard killed on first try!
Killed al the enemies around him first,did a sneak attack to get this boss one bar down then i talked to that support char to help me and used firecrackers to have the dude stunned while we two took hits at him with ease.

Also the subboss in the dojo before genichiro is easier if you do not try to time the deflect right when you see the sparkle,you need to do it before it because there is some strange input lag.

Nice. 

Thanks!

Next up is Lady butterfly or Genichiro but took a small timeout cause this game is not good for my nerves and i play lots better with a relaxed mindset:p



John2290 said:
Cerebralbore101 said:
Just got the Shinobi follow up attack technique. Combined with the Axe it train wrecks posture even if they block.

What technique do you mean exactly?

Fang and Blade



Found this on Reddit. It needs to be posted here...

So this one is a quickie, but I have come across multiple people, some of whom have completed multiple playthroughs, that still didnt know about this mechanic so I just wanted to put it out there as its truly a game changer. If you already knew this, awesome. I am not trying to be one of those people that thinks they are hot shit finding out secret pro strats or anything, just trying to help out this community I have grown to love.

When you are fighting in Sekiro, there are two key things you need to look for when deflecting/being deflected:

When deflecting - Typically, when you deflect, the enemy will usually keep attacking you so you have to deflect multiple attacks in a row (unless you break posture of course but I am not talking about that). HOWEVER, when you deflect an attack and you see a GOLDEN flash, it means you have an opening for a perfect counter slash which is a fluid slash that will almost always interrupt or be faster than your opponents next attack (you have to be quick though, if you hesitate, youll end up getting hit before it lands. Also, keep in mind that against enemies with high poise, they wont be interrupted by this slash so youll need to perhaps land it then immediately deflect the next attack coming at you, but I find that most often it will create an opening).


When being deflected - Same situation, if you are launching an assault the enemy will have to deflect multiple attacks from you. HOWEVER, if you are being deflected and see a RED flash, it means the enemy is about to counter slash you (it basically means the enemy just got a gold flash on you, essentially) so you need to switch to the defensive.

This mechanic is prevalent throughout the entirety of the game. If you havent mastered this or didnt know about it, try it out, and hopefully itll really change your game up.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 20 April 2019

Beat the Owl. He was easy. His attacks were so slow and telegraphed. There were all either easily deflected, or dodged.

The Corrupted Monk was fun. Three DB's to kill her, but the first one goes away via a sneak attack. Her spinning sweep move is easily jumped over once you learn to see it coming. The phantoms are cute, but dodgable, and she's vulnerable once she reappears in the middle of the bridge.

Divine Dragon was also easy. Just grapple to a tree with lightning and toss it back at him.

Did anybody else find these bosses easy, or am I just on a roll?

Also, once I make it back to the Abandoned Dungeon I'll have all three mask pieces, which I hear lets you increase attack to maximum.



Cerebralbore101 said:
Beat the Owl. He was easy. His attacks were so slow and telegraphed. There were all either easily deflected, or dodged.

The Corrupted Monk was fun. Three DB's to kill her, but the first one goes away via a sneak attack. Her spinning sweep move is easily jumped over once you learn to see it coming. The phantoms are cute, but dodgable, and she's vulnerable once she reappears in the middle of the bridge.

Divine Dragon was also easy. Just grapple to a tree with lightning and toss it back at him.

Did anybody else find these bosses easy, or am I just on a roll?

Also, once I make it back to the Abandoned Dungeon I'll have all three mask pieces, which I hear lets you increase attack to maximum.

The Divine Dragon and True Corrupted Mone were easy.  After facing the corrupted monk in the Mubu village, the one on the bridge doesn't cut the mustard and of course you can cheeze it 2 twice of you want.    Owl gave me trouble for about 10 tries before I got his move set down, He is definitely slow and you can dodge his bigger moves but he still was able to punish me for mistakes and a few 2 hit kills also was a pain.  Most of my trouble I feel stem from the fact that the PS4 controller L1 buttons have way to much travel and blocks I thought I did, did not register.  Also I had to take off the skills because on accident sometimes I would click L1 and R1 and get punish.  

For the mask, I believe you need 5 skill points to use it, I have used so many skill points that it takes about 30K to get one now but then again I almost have all the skills so I have been having fun trying each one and see where they fit.