Quantcast
Google Stadia will succeed... and here is why

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Google Stadia will succeed... and here is why

Will Stadia succeed?

It will crash and burn. 35 37.23%
 
It will slowly but steadily grow. 32 34.04%
 
It will explode. 4 4.26%
 
I don't know yet, need to know more. 23 24.47%
 
Total:94
Miyamotoo said:
I think it will do OK, but biggest problem for Stadia will Microsoft that will offer something similar but with better offer of games.

XBox vs Stadia promises to be a very interesting console war to watch. XBox is yet to fully unveil their hand at this point, but they could certainly put pressure on Stadia early on thanks to actually having a userbase with dedicated hardware already. Though there is always the fear of both systems ending up acting as a harmful oligopoly, both offering the bare minimum and not compete at all between them.



You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Even IF it gets developer traction and they get a bunch of companies to release their games on Stadia, what does that really do? What advantage does Stadia REALLY have other than the platform being "pro stream"?

We all know that Microsoft and Sony will NEVER jump on board with Stadia and their exclusive games as they will most definitely want their games for their next gen consoles. (PS5/X2)

So don't expect to play Halo 6 or The Last of Us 2 on Stadia - it's not gonna happen. And the worst thing for Stadia is that the PS5 and X2 will ALSO be able to play multi plat games.

So what will you "really" gain by opting to not have a digital/physical copy of a game and pay for a streaming subscription fee?

"You can stream in 4K resolution". So f***ing what? That doesn't mean shit if said person's bandwidth can't handle that content. Not everyone has fiber optic cable internet like you Google exec's do. Get your head out of your asses.

Google Stadia, regardless of cheaper subscription fee price vs owning the game - WILL CRASH AND BURN.



twintail said:
Mnementh said:

Look at what they presented. Sure, they streamed it online and made it flashy for everyone to use, because they know such a reveal to game devs would've been leaked anyways. But the presentation clearly missed stuff consumers would be interested (pricing, game lineup), while it contained everything game devs are interested. Not only contained, they put time into each detail how the service can help game developers realize their game vision.

They also showed how the consumer/ gamer benefits from the features as well.

They didn't show off other stuff because they can always have a 2nd presentation to do that. Its an easy way to sustain interest (especially if this presentation didn't have the positive impact Google was hoping for) and just part of the general marketing cycle. After all, Sony also used 2 presentations to give out all the necessary PS4 info consumers required.

OK, true enough. Point is still, that they focused on game devs as target with this. They probably also had customers in mind, but keep more informations for later presentations.



3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018

Predictions: Switch / Switch / Switch / MHWorld / GOW > BOTW / Switch vs. XB1 in the US

Imagine the personal data google can sell with something like this. Yep. Never going to go there. With the leadership of Phil Harrison, I can comfortably believe this will die.



 

LiquorandGunFun said:
Imagine the personal data google can sell with something like this. Yep. Never going to go there. With the leadership of Phil Harrison, I can comfortably believe this will die.

They also have Jade Raymond. Get Amy Hennig in there too and they will have the trifecta of bad luck.



Around the Network

Not sure if this was discussed but you'll also need a min. of 25mbps to get 1080p at 60fps

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/google-stadia-recommends-a-25-megabit-internet-connection

Not sure if its a big deal to many of you here but I know many around me that don't go for high internet speeds, afterall Netflix is probably the biggest thing and that only needs 3mbps to stream HD.



V-r0cK said:
Not sure if this was discussed but you'll also need a min. of 25mbps to get 1080p at 60fps

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/google-stadia-recommends-a-25-megabit-internet-connection

Not sure if its a big deal to many of you here but I know many around me that don't go for high internet speeds, afterall Netflix is probably the biggest thing and that only needs 3mbps to stream HD.

I'm sure you know, but your average joe will probably assume that having 25mbps of connection will mean perfection.



Random_Matt said:
V-r0cK said:
Not sure if this was discussed but you'll also need a min. of 25mbps to get 1080p at 60fps

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2019/03/20/google-stadia-recommends-a-25-megabit-internet-connection

Not sure if its a big deal to many of you here but I know many around me that don't go for high internet speeds, afterall Netflix is probably the biggest thing and that only needs 3mbps to stream HD.

I'm sure you know, but your average joe will probably assume that having 25mbps of connection will mean perfection.

LOL thats what i was thinking 25 mbps will be sustainable but not ideal, not to mention what happens when one more Stadia player/User wants to hop on and play a different game on the same connection. Also right now i can buy a 2 ps4 games for the price of 25mbps connection every month so i think globally it will be a hard sell.



I think "It will explode". Its entrails splattered all over the place and everyone. People will be disgusted by the gore and awful smell. Like in Galaxy Quest, when they beamed up the pig lizard. Thats how its going to turn out.

Exclusives they have? Prbly candy crush clones and indie-cheap stuff. After all, they will have to aim for a large, sufficiently bandwithed audience.



Hunting Season is nigh...

Zoombael said:
I think "It will explode". Its entrails splattered all over the place and everyone. People will be disgusted by the gore and awful smell. Like in Galaxy Quest, when they beamed up the pig lizard. Thats how its going to turn out.

Exclusives they have? Prbly candy crush clones and indie-cheap stuff. After all, they will have to aim for a large, sufficiently bandwithed audience.

A streaming service could never be sustained with AAA games at the lets say $15 a month or whatever. What's the average AAA budget? Multiply that by half a dozen, how many subscriptions would you need to sell to make that money back?

Personally it will be like game pass, quantity rather than quality.