Quantcast
Crackdown 3's campaign looks enjoyable simply for looking like more Crackdown.

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Crackdown 3's campaign looks enjoyable simply for looking like more Crackdown.

The game honestly looks fun, but nothing groundbreaking regarding the single player. Multiplayer looks really cool with the destruction.



Around the Network

It honestly looks rather dated, linier, and very, very safe in terms of design and mechanics. Where's the innovation, the never seen, never done before kind of mechanics/style?.

It just looks like something I've already seen from other third party devs, especially in terms of simplistic arcade style combat.

I wonder just how much Terry Crews was worth in paying to voice act in this game, because I doubt it was a few thousand. That money could have been better spent on the game itself, than an actor known for a few commercials turned meme.

I could see it going somewhere with a modding scene, but absolute fat chance of that happening with UWP being in the way.



                                       

JRPGfan said:
Campagne = non linar = crappy story.
Gameplay looks okay but nothing amasing.

Im still expecting this to get a metascore in the 70's.

Nobody plays Crackdown for its story. 



LudicrousSpeed said:
JRPGfan said:
Campagne = non linar = crappy story.
Gameplay looks okay but nothing amasing.

Im still expecting this to get a metascore in the 70's.

lol imagine playing a game like Crackdown for the story.

Anyways yes, looks much more like a return to CD and less like CD2, which is a good thing.

Right, I was confused when I read his post. I mean there is some story, but its gameplay driven. Does every game need to be like a movie or TV show? I certainly hope not.

I replayed Crackdown games multiple times because you just jump in and play.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Chazore said:
It honestly looks rather dated, linier, and very, very safe in terms of design and mechanics. Where's the innovation, the never seen, never done before kind of mechanics/style?.

It just looks like something I've already seen from other third party devs, especially in terms of simplistic arcade style combat.

I wonder just how much Terry Crews was worth in paying to voice act in this game, because I doubt it was a few thousand. That money could have been better spent on the game itself, than an actor known for a few commercials turned meme.

I could see it going somewhere with a modding scene, but absolute fat chance of that happening with UWP being in the way.

I'm not sure how the game looks linear when it's literally the completely opposite. Players can go do any mission, in any order they desire. The innovation is in the cloud based multiplayer mode. I'm not saying the multiplayer will be on the same tier as the currently most played games, but you can't say it's not innovative. How many games have transforming vehicles? Characters visually and physically transforming from collecting orbs? Crackdown is the only one I can think of. 

Well it's suppose to be very arcade style game, and over the top. The original Crackdown still holds up as far as gameplay goes, and this is a more polished version of that. 

Terry Crews is perfect for this game. 

Crackdown 2 had a sandbox mode which allowed you to spawn anything you wanted, and do a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully this game has the same. 



Around the Network
SvennoJ said:
It looks very last gen in style and gameplay. Spider man has perfected the flow of combat and traversal, this looks very dated and choppy. It seems to have been in development hell for too long. I wonder if MS is going to market this or will it have a quiet release. Anyway it has guns, there's that!

In a nutshell this gen is more last gen.

First of all Spiderman is taking a lot of ideas from the Batman games, second the combat in Crackdown is completely different. The melee is more like beat em' up button mashing and becomes very powerful with leveling up. Combat is more gun focused as well, there are plenty of those. The traversal is gonna be completely different because your character does more jumping and running versus webslinging and climbing. Your comparison is ignorant, Im guessing you arent familiar with the first game.

The graphics arent very impressive but dont look bad either, pretty much the same can be said for every game in the series about the visuals. The appeal of this game is more about the action and Spiderman is doing something completely different.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

smroadkill15 said:

I'm not sure how the game looks linear when it's literally the completely opposite. Players can go do any mission, in any order they desire. The innovation is in the cloud based multiplayer mode. I'm not saying the multiplayer will be on the same tier as the currently most played games, but you can't say it's not innovative. How many games have transforming vehicles? Characters visually and physically transforming from collecting orbs? Crackdown is the only one I can think of. 

Well it's suppose to be very arcade style game, and over the top. The original Crackdown still holds up as far as gameplay goes, and this is a more polished version of that. 

Terry Crews is perfect for this game. 

Crackdown 2 had a sandbox mode which allowed you to spawn anything you wanted, and do a bunch of other stuff. Hopefully this game has the same. 

I'm talking of the story itself, the very linear design in general. Play anywhere you want, but the story won't ever at all be muddled right?. Why would it make sense to forcefully muddle up the main story by allowing it to clusterfuck itself?. You have to make it linear in it's design, to prevent it from being read from different points at different types. WoW allows us to now play on any continent of any zone, without having to be a specific level (Legion exp for example), and that itself is designed with a linear story that adds up to one single point, rather than multiple clusterfucked points because you chose to do the missions in a totally different order. 

Claiming it's very innovative (using "very" or not is still a claim)is giving it far too much credit.

How many games have transforming vehicles?.

 

I dunno: 

Playing both the character on foot, and transforming into a vehicle, that you can also customize is pretty innovative than the typical tried and tested GTA or Saints row style approach, that has already been done before. 

I didn't say he wasn't perfect, I said they could have better made use of the money on other things, than an expansive actor.



                                       

Those animations... those physics....

Just get this game released and let the studio move on to something that isn't so 2006.



LurkerJ said:
Those animations... those physics....

Just get this game released and let the studio move on to something that isn't so 2006.

Part of the appeal to me is its so much like the original, damn near looks like its built with the same code.

If they wanna do something more ambitious maybe save it for a new IP.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Chazore said:

I didn't say he wasn't perfect, I said they could have better made use of the money on other things, than an expansive actor.

I really doubt a huge chunk of the budget went to Terry, he's not exactly A list. He's more like a popular supporting actor.

Second, he was great for advertising. If MS didnt advertise this game well than the criticsm would be MS doesent care about this game.

Lastly, if MS poured a lot of money into this it was likely an accident. All they really needed to do was make another Crackdown game much like the original. It seems like the real development problems came from MP, that was arguably the waste of money.



Recently Completed
Doom 64
for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)