Quantcast
List of Games You've Beaten 2019

Forums - Gaming Discussion - List of Games You've Beaten 2019

RingoGaSuki said:

RingoGaSuki said:

In progress:
Dragon Quest IV (DS)
Dragon Quest VI (DS)
Chocobo's Dungeon (PS - emulating on NS)

Finished:
Little Nightmares (NS)
Steamworld Heist (NS)
Katamari Damacy Reroll (NS)
The Binding of Issac (NS)
Smash Bros Ultimate (NS)
Wargroove (NS)
Final Fantasy IX (NS)
Dragon Quest V (DS)

Started, but quit because I didn't like it:
Xenoblade 2 (NS)
New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe (NS)

Still playing, but done the 'story':
Overcooked 2 (NS)
Smash Bros Ultimate (NS)
Tetris 99 (NS) (I won, I'm counting that as completing the objective of the game :P It's ridiculously addictive though)

In queue:
Final Fantasy VII (NS)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses (NS)
Astral Chain (NS)
Final Fantasy X/X-2 (NS)
Dragon Quest XI S (NS)
Pokemon Shield (NS)
Bayonetta 3 (NS)

 

I've had time since classes finished a few weeks ago, and have finished FFIX, my second run-through of Dragon Quest V (first on the DS), have done 20% of DQVI and am 90% of the way through DQIV. 

Dragon Quest V cemented itself as my equal favourite game of all time. The SNES version was perfect already, but the DS version somehow took it and made it even better. DQIV is fantastic as well, I love the characterisation. Have played a bit of Chocobo's Dungeon too.

Final Fantasy IX was good, and so in addition to VII, I've pre-ordered X/X-2 as well.

DQV is one game that I hope will be available on Switch´s online store, is there any word on whether that is being considered?



Around the Network
JamesGarret said:

DQV is one game that I hope will be available on Switch´s online store, is there any word on whether that is being considered?

I'm really hoping for it too (a remake in DQXI's engine would be great but I'd be completely  happy with just a port), but sadly there's been no indication as to whether it's in the works or not at this point. They are making a movie based on Dragon Quest V that comes out later this year, so who knows, maybe it'll get announced+released as a tie-in.

 

And now I've just finished IV. I really like the pacing and separate stories (can see where Octopath got it's inspiration, not just from FF). I'd put it third in my DQ ranking so far. V>XI>IV>I>II. Need to finish VI and then III, VII, VIII and IX afterwards

Last edited by RingoGaSuki - on 02 March 2019

Updated my list. In the time since my last update (late January), I've finished Pokemon Let's Go Eevee, Wargroove and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. I've dropped Dark Souls into my 'stalled' pile with Smash Ultimate and Breath of the Wild Master Mode; I'm more likely to go back to the latter two than Souls. Just started Banner Saga 2 and Tales of Vesperia; bought Undertale and Final Fantasy IX so added them to the 'Planned' list.

Following the February Direct, BoxBoy and BoxGirl, Hellblade, Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S and Zelda: Link's Awakening have been added to my 'Planned' pile. Considering some other things in the eShop sale like Starlink, Phantasy Star and Valkyria Chronicles, as well as summer releases like Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and Daemon X Machina.

Finished:
- Gris
- Blossom Tales
- Hyper Light Drifter
- Banner Saga 1 
- Wargroove 
- Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

Playing:
- Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
- Banner Saga 2 

Stalled:
- Dark Souls Remastered (25 hours) I hit Ornstein and Smough.
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Master Mode (20 hours)
- Super Smash Bros Ultimate (55 hours total, 7 hours World of Light, Classic mode completed with all characters) 

Planned:
- Iconoclasts
- Golf Story
Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes
- Banner Saga 3
- Final Fantasy XII HD: The Zodiac Age
- Undertale
- Final Fantasy IX
- BoxBoy and BoxGirl
- Hellblade
- Super Mario Maker 2
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses
- Astral Chain
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening



Games I've beaten in 2019...

 - Astrobot

- Resident evil 2 Remake (Platinum achieved)

- Metro exodus

- Resident evil 4

 

Games I'm 'working' on AKA playing...

 - Ace Combat 7

- Resident evil 7 (replay for platinum)

- Stellaris console edition (domination criteria) 

- Hong Kong Masacre

- Mutant Year zero

- A mages tale

- Metro last light

 

Next games I'll be playing/buying/already bought and lined up, regardless of progress on the above list...

- Cod 4 remastered

- Left Alive

- DmC5 

- Sekerio (borrowing it and depending on reviews not paying a cent for it)

 

Backlog, mid competition, intent to resume...

- Divinity OS 2

- Persona 5

- Crash Bandicoot 2

- Shadow warrior 2

- Wolfenstien 2

- No Heroes allowed

- Dèracinè

- Dead cells

- Dark souls remastered

- Owl boy

- Pixel ripped 1989

 

 ***Updated for Sat March, 2nd. (Re4 done, started a Stellaris campaign, given up on Prey after the demo disappointed, added Cod4 remastered to my queue)

 

I'm loving this thread, it's exactly what I need to avoid and not repeat my mistake from last years of leaving a dozen and a half games I stalled on which I was loving but for some reason slipped off on and hopefully prompt me to stop that awful habit of starting games for an hour and not giving them a proper chance, instead returning to a comfort game and possibly save me money from buying games I clearly don't need when I have two dozen others to play. Cheers OP. 

Last edited by John2290 - on 03 March 2019

 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Finished:
FFIX (Switch)

That's it for now.



Around the Network
ARamdomGamer said:

So far:

Battle Princess Madelyn (NS)

Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland DX (NS)

Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (NS)

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (3DS)

Travis Strikes Again: No More Heroes (NS)

Ys IV: Mask of the Sun (SNES)

Ys III: Wanderers of Ys (SNES)

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 (NS)

Ys V: Kefin, The Lost City of the Sand  (SNES)

Fear Effect Sedna (NS)

Finished: Deltarune Chapter 1 (NS)



Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers: The Movie (Sega Genesis)
Advanced Variable Geo 2 (Play Station [JPN])

I game mostly on PC, and my classic consoles get more attention than my PS4. On PC, I just play overwatch and tekken 7 (less overwatch since the reaper buff patch went through.) But, I'll play that game more when reaper is nerfed again. Reaper isn't while i quit playing, it all the other changes with it, like armor and etc.

I have 13 game consoles, and the PC, so I'm usually not sticking to one game for too long.. Unless it's overwatch or tekken.



John2290 said:

Games I've beaten in 2019...

 - Astrobot

- Resident evil 2 Remake (Platinum achieved)

- Metro exodus

- Resident evil 4

 

Games I'm 'working' on AKA playing...

 - Ace Combat 7

- Resident evil 7 (replay for platinum)

- Stellaris console edition (domination criteria) 

- Hong Kong Masacre

- Mutant Year zero

- A mages tale

- Metro last light

 

Next games I'll be playing/buying/already bought and lined up, regardless of progress on the above list...

- Cod 4 remastered

- Left Alive

- DmC5 

- Sekerio (borrowing it and depending on reviews not paying a cent for it)

 

Backlog, mid competition, intent to resume...

- Divinity OS 2

- Persona 5

- Crash Bandicoot 2

- Shadow warrior 2

- Wolfenstien 2

- No Heroes allowed

- Dèracinè

- Dead cells

- Dark souls remastered

- Owl boy

- Pixel ripped 1989

 

 ***Updated for Sat March, 2nd. (Re4 done, started a Stellaris campaign, given up on Prey after the demo disappointed, added Cod4 remastered to my queue)

 

I'm loving this thread, it's exactly what I need to avoid and not repeat my mistake from last years of leaving a dozen and a half games I stalled on which I was loving but for some reason slipped off on and hopefully prompt me to stop that awful habit of starting games for an hour and not giving them a proper chance, instead returning to a comfort game and possibly save me money from buying games I clearly don't need when I have two dozen others to play. Cheers OP. 

What´s your opinion on Metro Exodus?...did you like it?...if you´ve played other single player only FPS games, how does the campaign in Metro Exodus fare against them in your opinion?



JamesGarret said:
John2290 said:

Games I've beaten in 2019...

 - Astrobot

- Resident evil 2 Remake (Platinum achieved)

- Metro exodus

- Resident evil 4

 

Games I'm 'working' on AKA playing...

 - Ace Combat 7

- Resident evil 7 (replay for platinum)

- Stellaris console edition (domination criteria) 

- Hong Kong Masacre

- Mutant Year zero

- A mages tale

- Metro last light

 

Next games I'll be playing/buying/already bought and lined up, regardless of progress on the above list...

- Cod 4 remastered

- Left Alive

- DmC5 

- Sekerio (borrowing it and depending on reviews not paying a cent for it)

 

Backlog, mid competition, intent to resume...

- Divinity OS 2

- Persona 5

- Crash Bandicoot 2

- Shadow warrior 2

- Wolfenstien 2

- No Heroes allowed

- Dèracinè

- Dead cells

- Dark souls remastered

- Owl boy

- Pixel ripped 1989

 

 ***Updated for Sat March, 2nd. (Re4 done, started a Stellaris campaign, given up on Prey after the demo disappointed, added Cod4 remastered to my queue)

 

I'm loving this thread, it's exactly what I need to avoid and not repeat my mistake from last years of leaving a dozen and a half games I stalled on which I was loving but for some reason slipped off on and hopefully prompt me to stop that awful habit of starting games for an hour and not giving them a proper chance, instead returning to a comfort game and possibly save me money from buying games I clearly don't need when I have two dozen others to play. Cheers OP. 

What´s your opinion on Metro Exodus?...did you like it?...if you´ve played other single player only FPS games, how does the campaign in Metro Exodus fare against them in your opinion?

It's a bleak, dark survival game much like the last two metro games and also like them it is B tier  in certain aspects when it comes to story but done really well all the same, actually it's incredibly well done here (if you can ignore B tier VA, writing, localixation etc) next to the other games with amazing set pieces and some brilliant level design making for some addicting looting and map completion, side stories are interesting but the character talk way to much.

The game is infinitely better when taking your time on higher difficulties than it is on lower difficulties and the two new open maps are fantastic while the rest of the game becomes linear at times which isn't a bad thing if you enjoyed Metro 2033 or LL. 

I played on PS4 and there is some lag to the aiming and general movement but somehow, and I have no idea why, this flaw becomes a really enjoyable boon for the feel of the game. It could ruin it for you though. The graphics are brilliant at times on PRO in 4k with HDR but fail at other times, still it is one of the best 4k games I've seen yet on PRO and the most apparent use of HDR  maybe not the best but definitely the most apparent. 

All in all I'd say it is a good game, one that will satisfy you for 15 to 20 hours if you indulge in the side stuff on a decent difficulty. (I got half way through a second play through, something that is a Mark of my enjoyment).

I'd say  if you hav'nt played Metro redux play those two games first for like 10 quid and wait for a sale on this, that way you win and will have a better time with the story. It is basically a better Metro last light and expanded in the way Uncharted did with semi openness while keeping the linear feel and it doesn't take control away from you for the set pieces nearly as much, the pacing is ten fold better and the game has much higher points than the series has hit before with epic conclusion to chapters and again, just fantastic pacing. If I were to compare to any other shooter, I don't think there is much like Metro in first person form, The last of us and Resident evil is all that come to mind right now but a Russian FPS version of those games with COD like set pieces. It's a damn fine enjoyable solid game that'll make you feel that pull to return to it and a pretty great survival game. I can't speak for it when the input lag gets patched however, it may make it better or make it more generic, I can't quite tell. 

7/10, really solid and enjoyable, Good game and great for the particular genre. 

Last edited by John2290 - on 03 March 2019

 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.

Games I've beaten in 2019...

 - Astrobot

- Resident evil 2 Remake (Platinum achieved)

- Metro exodus

- Resident evil 4

- Ace combat 7

- CoD4: Modern warfare remastered

 

Games I'm 'working' on AKA playing...

- DmC5 (Eta 36 hours)

- Resident evil 7 (replay)

- Hong Kong Masacre

- Mutant Year zero

- A mages tale

- Metro last light

 

Next games I'll be playing/buying/already bought and lined up, regardless of progress on the above list...

- Left Alive 

- Sekerio (borrowing it and depending on reviews not paying a cent for it)

 

Backlog, mid competition, intent to resume...

- Divinity OS 2

- Persona 5

- Crash Bandicoot 2

- Shadow warrior 2

- Wolfenstien 2

- No Heroes allowed

- Dèracinè

- Dead cells

- Dark souls remastered

- Owl boy

- Pixel ripped 1989

 

 ***Updated for Wed March, 6th. (Scraped my Stellaris campaign until a speed modifier is added, completed Cod4 remastered campaign, Ace combat 7 completed and added DMC5 to my list, preloaded and ready to go)

 



 

Everything in the above reply is my opinion, from my own perspective and not representative of reality outside of my own head!

-Android user, please be gentle with critique on my spelling.