Quantcast
God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War Wins Game of the Year at Game Awards

ResilientFighter said:
shikamaru317 said:
God of War was good, but RDR2 is better for sure. Still not as good as RDR1 though.

Well you are wrong and the award was given to the better game not the best selling or most popular on social media

God of War is officially game of the year at the most watched gaming award show in the world you can still have your personal opinion of course 

Being more popular, as you said, doesn't mean it's more valid.  It's just one of many "GOTY" awards that will be handed out.



Around the Network
pokoko said:
ResilientFighter said:

Well you are wrong and the award was given to the better game not the best selling or most popular on social media

God of War is officially game of the year at the most watched gaming award show in the world you can still have your personal opinion of course 

Being more popular, as you said, doesn't mean it's more valid.  It's just one of many "GOTY" awards that will be handed out.

Well, you have to admit that an award given at the biggest ceremony of the year (after E3 maybe), with all the biggest companies' officials and followed by all other journalists and surely millions of people, has more weight than the one given by my 9 years old neighbor on his myfavgamez.blogspot.com...



pokoko said:
ResilientFighter said:

Well you are wrong and the award was given to the better game not the best selling or most popular on social media

God of War is officially game of the year at the most watched gaming award show in the world you can still have your personal opinion of course 

Being more popular, as you said, doesn't mean it's more valid.  It's just one of many "GOTY" awards that will be handed out.

Sorry there is no other GOTY award more valuable than this one as this show is seen worlwide as the oscars of gaming. You can debate it all you like 



Should have been Hitman 2

ResilientFighter said:
pokoko said:

Being more popular, as you said, doesn't mean it's more valid.  It's just one of many "GOTY" awards that will be handed out.

Sorry there is no other GOTY award more valuable than this one as this show is seen worlwide as the oscars of gaming. You can debate it all you like 

In terms of exposure, sure. In terms of prestige, then... No.

Not like it really matters. 



Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
God of War was good, but RDR2 is better for sure. Still not as good as RDR1 though.

For me I found RDR 2 extremely boring, I'd have to go with GOW just by default.  RDR 1 was great though



NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Great game but Red Dead Redemption II is much much better

Congrats to Santa Monica. God of War is a true work of art.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Congratulations, its great game.

I’m so glad this did. I honestly expected RDR2 to clean house just because of the sheer number of people that played it, and voted for it because they didn’t play GoW or don’t have a PS4. I truly believe GoW was the most deserving. Such an incredible game that defined gamingbthis year for me.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon