Quantcast
WTF With Japan?!

Forums - NSFW Discussion - WTF With Japan?!

What is funny in Japan that woman can screw young kids and it's only a misdemeanor charge. It's a very sexist law. Men, would get forced labor for a minimum of 20 years. It's crazy stuff how some countries run their stuff.



Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
atoMsons said:

....You kids get offended by everything today. Japanese culture is sexualized, and anime is like that. 

So you're saying we should be aroused by 14 year old girls in bikinis? >_<

What if she's really, really hot?



Pick another anime, one with more content and less sexualization
Or even better, go read manga
Manga > Anime
Always



Have you seen how some real 14-17 year old girls dress?



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Faelco said:
RolStoppable said:

Different countries have different moral standards. The age of consent in Japan is 13 and it's a male-dominated society.

No, the age of consent in Japan is 18 (local law matters, not the national "base" law). Let's stop with the uneducated rumors if you want a real debate.

Male dominated society, yes, and it's way too much. Feminists should try to come here if they want to do meaningful stuff.

 

But anime is not considered really "normal" by most Japanese people, they know it's crazy, they just kinda accept it. 

Found this: https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-age-of-consent-so-low-in-Japan

Looks a lot like a legal construct that can be bent however someone sees fit, provided they have the money.

Also, it sheds some light on another thread we had recently: Japan losing interest in relationships. If things really work like described in that link, then it wouldn't surprise me if teenagers first have no interest in a relationship with another teenager due to potential legal consequences, and later on no interest either, because they've already learned to live without a relationship and not gained any experience in forging a relationship.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
atoMsons said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Lately I've been rather concerned about how Japanese female cartoon, comic and game characters tend to be in skimpy outfits.

No I'm not saying it's wrong, but it feels like it should be when said characters are only 14-17. How is this considered ok?!

....You kids get offended by everything today. Japanese culture is sexualized, and anime is like that. 

So this begs the question. Is it ok for us from countries in Europe and America with different standards to enjoy these amine games and tv shows that sexualise kids? 



Because Japanese anime is made for the Japanese and the way they sexualize young girls is accepted by the anime fan base in Japan.
Animes that became popular worldwide usually don't have young girls being sexualized.



In some Japanese anime, games etc. people seem to age way more quickly. 14 - 17 is mature, and 30 means basically retired already.

Case in point... Sephiroth and Mario are about 25, so presumably Luigi is low 20s at most. Ash's mom from the Pokémon anime is under 30. Auron in FFX is like 30, same for older Noctis in FFXV, though they look mid 40s.




 

 

 

 

 

pokoko said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So you're saying we should be aroused by 14 year old girls in bikinis? >_<

What if she's really, really hot?

LOL pokoko

Captain, they are fake characters... LOL, they could be 30 years old and will look exactly the same in anime. It's just that they love the whole "school" environment. That's really what you're commenting on. Most of those things don't touch on an actual age. Everything is hypothetical, and presented based on culture. It's not a big deal. You need to relax. We  have so much fucked up things happen in real life, you shouldn't worry about a drawing made by some random guy. It's like condemning people who like to have sex in school-girl role play outfits. You need to separate things. Stop getting offended by literally nothing.

My issue with a lot of Japanese creations in that medium is that they are designed poorly. Not only do they look dumb to the role, then they get the most annoying voices, and act like complete morons. I dislike it on a creativity standpoint. The end result of their work. But again, I preach no starting biased based on a form of art. And it is art.



pokoko said:
CaptainExplosion said:

So you're saying we should be aroused by 14 year old girls in bikinis? >_<

What if she's really, really hot?

This is serious.

Ka-pi96 said:
Have you seen how some real 14-17 year old girls dress?

Yes, but I don't think they won't older guys to get off to them.

atoMsons said:
pokoko said:

What if she's really, really hot?

LOL pokoko

Captain, they are fake characters... LOL, they could be 30 years old and will look exactly the same in anime. It's just that they love the whole "school" environment. That's really what you're commenting on. Most of those things don't touch on an actual age. Everything is hypothetical, and presented based on culture. It's not a big deal. You need to relax. We  have so much fucked up things happen in real life, you shouldn't worry about a drawing made by some random guy. It's like condemning people who like to have sex in school-girl role play outfits. You need to separate things. Stop getting offended by literally nothing.

My issue with a lot of Japanese creations in that medium is that they are designed poorly. Not only do they look dumb to the role, then they get the most annoying voices, and act like complete morons. I dislike it on a creativity standpoint. The end result of their work. But again, I preach no starting biased based on a form of art. And it is art.

So this is ok to be aroused by?

I didn't know how old they were till I looked them up in a wiki, now I feel disgusting. >_<



Some days I just blow up.