Quantcast
Football Thread 19/20 Doods kicked a ball (probably)

Forums - Sports Discussion - Football Thread 19/20 Doods kicked a ball (probably)

         

** Betting is CLOSED - all winnings have been paid out by TalonMan **

 

Premier League winner?

Liverpool 2 $200.22 22.22%
 
Manchester City 7 $3,356.75 77.78%
 
 
Totals: 9 $3,556.97  
Game closed: 05/11/2019
mZuzek said:
The Fury said:
2 wins in a row, Saints are flying.

I felt sad reading this.

We take what we can.... beating the 2 teams that at the time were below us. :P

Also, just a hint of sarcasm in my post.



Hmm, pie.

Around the Network
The Fury said:
KiigelHeart said:

Oh yesss.. When I close my eyes, I can already see us lifting that glorious Audi Cup :P

On more serious note, yes I think many would hope he'd become our next Sol Campbell. He would be my preferred choice, but I don't see him coming here unless his wife insists he stays in London heh.

I'm so glad Emery is gone and I wish him all the best in the future. He's probably a good coach but a terrible fit for us. I do blame our squad too, what I bunch of spineless assholes. I hope the Invincible underwear model will light a spark for now, as Sunday is the only day of the year I do not want to witness another Pukki-party..

Seems favourite is Ljungberg and Arteta at the moment, odd to think that soon we may be in a league with 3 of the 4 biggest teams having former players as managers, just need Gerrard to take over Liverpool as we are set.

Are you... suggesting that arsenal are a bigger team than Man City?



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

Seems favourite is Ljungberg and Arteta at the moment, odd to think that soon we may be in a league with 3 of the 4 biggest teams having former players as managers, just need Gerrard to take over Liverpool as we are set.

Are you... suggesting that arsenal are a bigger team than Man City?

In the era they played, yes....

...

.. and Yes.

*Looks at table again*...

...Er... No?



Hmm, pie.

Ka-pi96 said:
The Fury said:

Seems favourite is Ljungberg and Arteta at the moment, odd to think that soon we may be in a league with 3 of the 4 biggest teams having former players as managers, just need Gerrard to take over Liverpool as we are set.

Are you... suggesting that arsenal are a bigger team than Man City?



Feels a bit too early to say it's over for Man City, but man, it looks like it's over for Man City.



Around the Network

It's well over unless Liverpool pull off a spectacular Kevin Keegan like throw not only were City outclassed their defence right now is too unstable to mount a come back campaign, granted it is Man Utd who against larger opposition this season seem to turn into Terminators but the first 30 minutes highlight why it's over the rest of the top 4 will be anticipating the City clash with the intent of running at that defence while the lower half of the table will be aiming to snatch a goal and park the bus.

City are heavily momentum based in their campaigns even last season they maintained strong momentum despite chasing while here it looks like the momentum is tepid it's Arsenal next yeah they're going through a tough time but it's still a big clash then after that their next EPL match is Leicester.



Won't mind the team going for the Qatar thing now with a 10-point lead in the Premier League.

Nice times.



mZuzek said:
Won't mind the team going for the Qatar thing now with a 10-point lead in the Premier League.

Nice times.

I'd rather send a reserve team to Qatar than put one out in the League Cup. Really don't care about winning that at all, especially with how the league is going, and how the travel could impact us.



drbunnig said:
mZuzek said:
Won't mind the team going for the Qatar thing now with a 10-point lead in the Premier League.

Nice times.

I'd rather send a reserve team to Qatar than put one out in the League Cup. Really don't care about winning that at all, especially with how the league is going, and how the travel could impact us.

I get that the Club World Cup isn't the most important thing out there, but it definitely is a lot more important than the League Cup. We've won the League Cup 8 times, more than any other team, but have never been crowned world champions. It might not mean much, but the Club World Cup does bring the club more money, and it's pretty cool for the team to wear that "world champion" badge thingy, it does mean something.

Beyond that, this competition is actually taken pretty seriously outside of Europe, obviously because for teams outside of it it means having a go at beating the best team in the world. I can't speak for every continent, but here in Brazil and South America it's considered very important, to the point where usually Libertadores title celebrations are split between people actually celebrating the trophy and those who are just like "now we're going to the world cup". What does this mean for Liverpool, exactly? Not much, but... considering the amount of foreign players in the squad, and by foreign I mean non-Europeans, there are sure to be many among the team who do care about being titled world champions.

Hell, we can win the League Cup any year, unless we drop out of the football league entirely. Winning the Club World Cup requires first winning the Champions League, it's not a chance we're gonna get every year, might as well take it now that we made it there already. Being League Cup champions is absolutely nothing compared to that, and if I'm being totally honest, if we were to take the League Cup or the World Cup seriously, I'd fancy our chances in the World Cup a lot more.

So, yeah. Disagree it is.

Edit: and, um, you never know, the kids might pop up with a win at Villa. I'm not expecting it, but it'd be amazing if it happened. So, I'm all for this.



The last few days have been some to forget for Werder Bremen.