Quantcast
PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 Won February NPD (PS4: 363K, XBO: 310K, NSW: 279K)

Turkish said:
thismeintiel said:
I think it's pretty crazy that PS4 has done so well while remaining $299 for almost two years. Imagine what will happen when it hits $199 permanently.

 

zorg1000 said:

The craziest part is that its only down ~8% YOY in Feb despite last year having a $50 discount.

I expect a cut to $199 this year, maybe around the time Spider Man comes out. That game, coupled with the official price cut, bundles and special edition consoles will do wonders.

I expect Spider Man and price cut to drop around September, then RDR2 will release end of October and PS4 will stay in pole position for the rest of the year.

For now PS4 is still winning without the heavy weights, but God of War is launching soon...

Sounds about right. Personally, I think they may just drop to $249, which will still boost it a good amount, and have the $199 BF deal come with a game or two and last longer than a week. Either way, can't wait to see what $199 does. We already saw that $199 for just a week helped them win Nov in a big way. Couple that with the big guns (games) Sony has firing, it's going to get crazy. 



Around the Network

Monster Hunter dominating Western charts is literally the best thing this year. Capcom's success and many people's crow eating is a victorious win.

Dissidia definitely flopped lol. Game was messy and more complicated than the past games. Probably they shouldn't have moved the franchise to the arcade space.



HandofPrometheus said:
Monster Hunter dominating Western charts is literally the best thing this year. Capcom's success and many people's crow eating is a victorious win.

It's funny to me that everyone keeps bringing up year old comments about the Switch flopping yet no one brings up the fact that most Portable/Nintendo fans were dead wrong for months about Monster Hunter. I literally remember reading comments filled with entitlements, like "GOSH CAPCOM IS SO STUPID they CLEARLY don't know their fanbase haha let's just see how much sales they'll get on a console!!!"

Of course, that's all in the past but I'm really glad optimism won this year.



Miyamotoo said:
quickrick said:

its because February  is bigger then any other month except for november, and december. also something can look like its losing momentum, but it can be regained in minutes, just because switch looks like its losing momentum to some doesn't mean it can't be regained next month.

No in case of Nintendo February is not bigger than any other month except november and december, no it doesnt lossing momentum and this picturer proves that, only launch month, october, november and december were stronger than february.

Switch launched in March 2017.
While I would like to see quickrick back up his claim that February is the biggest month outside of Nov and Dec (because I don't know if that really is the case), his claim isn't refuted by the sales for March 2017.
You'd struggle to find any launch month that didn't sell more than the month before it, for any particular company.

What is February like usually for Nintendo, Sony and MS?

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 March 2018

Hiku said:
Miyamotoo said:

No in case of Nintendo February is not bigger than any other month except november and december, no it doesnt lossing momentum and this picturer proves that, only launch month, october, november and december were stronger than february.

Switch launched in March 2017.
While I would like to see quickrick back up his claim that February is the biggest month outside of Nov and Dec (because I don't know if that really is the case), his claim isn't refuted by the sales for March 2017.
You'd struggle to find any launch month that didn't sell more than the month before it, for any particular company.

What is February like usually for Nintendo, Sony and MS?

ps4 and xbox one combined usually sell the most units on average for the past 4 year.



Around the Network
poklane said:

Software:

    Last edited by ryuzaki57 - on 21 March 2018

    Are there any data on the MH numbers?



    Lawlight said:
    Are there any data on the MH numbers?

    670k for xbox one alone in the US, Janruary and February combined.



    Bet with Intrinsic:

    The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

    flashfire926 said:
    Lawlight said:
    Are there any data on the MH numbers?

    670k for xbox one alone in the US, Janruary and February combined.

     

    Where you get that number? What about PS4?

    Nevermind i saw it. Pretty good but not as good as everyone was trying to make it seem based off being number 1 on platform charts, which is revenue anyway, and top paid on the Xbox store. 2 months and didn't even break a million in the U.S. it's strongest market. WW it's definitely still below 1 million. Last edited by Pionner - on 23 March 2018

    Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

    Pionner said:
    flashfire926 said:

    670k for xbox one alone in the US, Janruary and February combined.

     

    Where you get that number? What about PS4?

    Nevermind i saw it. Pretty good but not as good as everyone was trying to make it seem based off being number 1 on platform charts, which is revenue anyway, and top paid on the Xbox store. 2 months and didn't even break a million in the U.S. it's strongest market. WW it's definitely still below 1 million.

    Well, Xbox users don't really buy Japanese games all that much. Thats why this came as a surprise to me. 

    It had a strong debut in the UK too. It managed to have over a quarter of the split.  Its most definitely at one million worldwide, given this figure is from March 3rd, and a good 20 days have passed since then, leading the total in the US probably being at 720k to 730k at this point.

    Its most definitely over a million now, if not on March 3rd.



    Bet with Intrinsic:

    The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.