Quantcast
2018 Seems to Be the Year Switch is Focusing on the Core Gamer

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2018 Seems to Be the Year Switch is Focusing on the Core Gamer

I think their 1st party owned studios and 2nd party partners will focus on core games while one or two of Nintendo's internal EPD teams will release casual oriented games like Wii Sports or 1-2-Switch. They always seem cheap to produce and rely a hell of a lot more on creativity than sheer manpower so I don't see why Nintendo wouldn't continuously attempt to make another casual system seller by pushing out at least one per year.

Last edited by wombat123 - on 08 December 2017

Around the Network
itsyounghavok said:
So far only thing they've announced are niche titles. I'm sure they'll have something big for the holidays and maybe something for spring or summer, but after all they've given right now it seems they're giving the niches some love. There hasn't even been whisper of an animal crossing game nor a 2d Mario. Only other major sellers they have are smash and Pokémon.

Games like Bayonetta and Fire Emblem sell consoles as well, just not to the level of Mario. Nintendo clearly wants everybody, I mean, those core gamers buy the most games. Hell I already own a good 17

title list please



 

aikohualda said:
itsyounghavok said:
So far only thing they've announced are niche titles. I'm sure they'll have something big for the holidays and maybe something for spring or summer, but after all they've given right now it seems they're giving the niches some love. There hasn't even been whisper of an animal crossing game nor a 2d Mario. Only other major sellers they have are smash and Pokémon.

Games like Bayonetta and Fire Emblem sell consoles as well, just not to the level of Mario. Nintendo clearly wants everybody, I mean, those core gamers buy the most games. Hell I already own a good 17

title list please

Digital:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

I Am Setsuna

Sonic Mania

Nights Of Azure 2

Fast RMX

 

Physical:

Zelda BotW

Ultra Street Fighter 2

Mario Kart Deluxe

Disgaea 5

Fate/Extella

Doom

Skyrim

LA Noire

Resident Evil Revelations 1 n 2

Xenoblade 2

Mario Odyssey

Sonic Forces

NBA 2k18

 Well damn I actually have 18. I plan on getting Romancing Saga in a few days also.



Games are fun.

This thread confuses me. What the hell is a core gamer?



itsyounghavok said:
aikohualda said:

title list please

Digital:

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2

I Am Setsuna

Sonic Mania

Nights Of Azure 2

Fast RMX

 

Physical:

Zelda BotW

Ultra Street Fighter 2

Mario Kart Deluxe

Disgaea 5

Fate/Extella

Doom

Skyrim

LA Noire

Resident Evil Revelations 1 n 2

Xenoblade 2

Mario Odyssey

Sonic Forces

NBA 2k18

 Well damn I actually have 18. I plan on getting Romancing Saga in a few days also.

well invite me over... i will bring the mountain dew soup



 

Around the Network

Could’ve sworn I saw a post with the exact same title on Reddit...



I don't see currently how these titles would be considered focusing on 'core' gamers. What titles would be considered 'core' games? What's the criteria for that? Even if all of those did manage to release next year, that list still seems a bit lackluster. It definitely seems possible for the Switch to have another fantastic year, but currently it's just not there yet.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

It's true. Yarn Yoshi and Kirby will likely pull a lot of people away from God of War, Far Cry, Spiderman, and Red Dead Redemption.



pokoko said:
It's true. Yarn Yoshi and Kirby will likely pull a lot of people away from God of War, Far Cry, Spiderman, and Red Dead Redemption.

I don't think anyone was meant to imply that the Switch will be competing with what the PS4 is premeditated to release next year. It most likely can't, but that doesn't mean the Switch's next year can't be good. Right now the lineup for the Switch (TBD) are: Kirby Star Allies, Yoshi 2018, Fire Emblem 2018, some new core Pokemon, Project Octopath Traveler, Pikmin 4, Bayonetta ports 1&2, Bayonetta 3, Shin Megami Tensei 5, No More Heroes 3, Metroid Prime 4 - and then there are other third party ports (not exclusives) that can act as fillers, like Wolf 2. Half of these will probably be for 2019 but Nintendo did say they would talk about 2018 titles when it actually emerges (probably at their next Direct) so this is just reassurance that we will be getting something. For example, Tropical Freeze was announced and came a few months later. I wouldn't hold a candle at anything big releasing next year to compete with GoW, RDR or Spiderman, but if Nintendo did release Pokemon next year (which I will be shocked if happens) it would sell endlessly. We all know that Pokemon isn't a GOTY contender either, but it sells. All Nintendo need to do next year is maintain good sales, and 2019 will probably be bombshells.

Animal Crossing would probably be enough to survive next year plus the other titles, but that's not going to stop people from buying a PS4. More like being a HUGE system seller in Japan and the female demographic which probably will single-handedly ensure that Wii U sales don't entail.

Last edited by friendlyfamine - on 10 December 2017

Pinkie_pie said:
Sony has a serious problem? All the games you listed are nothing compare to the amount of quality games sony have for 2018. Ill be getting ni no kuni 2, dragon ball fighter z, monster hunter world and final fantasy dissidia in January, just the month of January!

You sound like a niche or Japanese.