Quantcast
The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

Forums - Website Topics - The VGChartz Website Development Thread - Post Suggestions/Feedback.

TalonMan said:
Well, I made an adjustment so the scrollbar stops going above the header - but I'm telling you guys, based on the changes I had to make in order to adjust this, there is NO WAY this started happening recently. This has been like this, ever since we moved to the "responsive" layout. I just don't think that many people actually use scrollbars anymore, so who would actually notice???

...of course, once it's pointed out by somebody - you can't take your eyes off of it.

Scrollbar > scrollwheel on 50ppp



 "I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Around the Network
kirby007 said:
TalonMan said:
Well, I made an adjustment so the scrollbar stops going above the header - but I'm telling you guys, based on the changes I had to make in order to adjust this, there is NO WAY this started happening recently. This has been like this, ever since we moved to the "responsive" layout. I just don't think that many people actually use scrollbars anymore, so who would actually notice???

...of course, once it's pointed out by somebody - you can't take your eyes off of it.

Scrollbar > scrollwheel on 50ppp

I'm at 50ppp and I very rarely (if ever) use the scrollwheel...   



TalonMan said:

I don't believe the scrollbar going behind the top header, is new - as best I can tell, it's always done that. I'll have to do some digging on this, but it'll be a low priority.

As for the double scrollbars, I've been doing a great deal of clean-up on the profile pages (for "dark" and "blue" themes), so it's quite possible I caused this - however, I can't seem to duplicate, so I'm curious whether the issue has already been resolved or not...?

Thanks for taking care of it.  It was definitely a new issue.  How new?  Probably no more than a day prior to my post.  I use scroll height to gauge the number of posts on a page.  Large bar, few posts.  Tiny bar, lots of posts.  I also use it guess how many new posts have been added after my most recently viewed post in a given thread to gauge how active a topic is. So I check the scroll bar, but never really use it, on every page.   When I saw the scroll up button was missing but the scroll down button was still there, I knew something was amiss.  Mouse wheel down a little and the scroll bar came into view.



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Is it possible to not get a notification when mentioning yourself? I just quoted someone's mention of me and got notified that I just mentioned myself.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
Is it possible to not get a notification when mentioning yourself? I just quoted someone's mention of me and got notified that I just mentioned myself.

Yeah - I'm aware of that annoying bug. I had it fixed at one point, but when I upgraded the text editor, it came back...   



Around the Network

It might be a good idea to remove the Google+ link from the social media section now that Google+ is effectively dead.



Hey, anybody else having issues with the site not loading in? I have only tried on my phone (iOS) but for the last week I haven’t really been able to do much on this site. The page stops loading about halfway through... so I can’t really comment on most threads, I had to reload this page 5 times in order to even get to where I could post. Just wondering if it is just me or if others are having this issue. Every other website works fine, so I don’t think it is an issue on my end....



Hi Talon,

I'm noticing an ISO-8859-1/UTF-8 issue.  Started seeing it a few days ago.

Blue Theme
Win 7
Firefox



Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:

Hi Talon,

I'm noticing an ISO-8859-1/UTF-8 issue.  Started seeing it a few days ago.

Blue Theme
Win 7
Firefox

Seems to only show up in the editor though - right? It's gone when it's displayed...?



TalonMan said:

Seems to only show up in the editor though - right? It's gone when it's displayed...?

I've noticed that it has been showing up, I think only when people get quoted.

If you see Hollygamer's quoted post here:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9001460

The fist paragraph has it showing up a few times:

Lol you actually has the same mind with me. It's more of strategy from Sony forcing Microsoft to reveal their card . By revealing sooner , make some hype but keeping the small detail secret, Sony has left Microsoft on phinced position , Microsoft can only choose between showing their secret to outshine Sony or hiding it but make Sony get all the light and spot.ÂÂ