Quantcast
How do you tackle your backlog?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - How do you tackle your backlog?

How do you tackle your backlog?

Play my games in the order I buy them 5 5.21%
 
Pick one at random and play it 7 7.29%
 
Pick whichever one appeals to me at the time 66 68.75%
 
... Who even plays games ... 18 18.75%
 
Total:96

I tend to be extremely bored when I look back my backlog and pick a game. I usually go for the names and franchises I'm usually interested on.



Around the Network

So at least now PS4 owners can make a folder for backlog games and reorganize them inside, which you will play next :) Pretty neat.



Bristow9091 said:
Paatar said:

I have Witcher 3 GOTY edition too. Tackle it by first beating the game, then once you see the credits, you're officially done. That way you can move onto another game and whenever you feel like going back to the Witcher you have a ton of content waiting for you. That's what I'm doing. If you save DLC and Expansions and just focus on getting to the credits (especially in RPGs) it becomes a lot less hectic.

I don't know... I wouldn't class it as officially done until I've finished the DLC too since it all comes packaged together, lol

To me regardless if it's packaged in, story DLC and expansions are just extra so That I can move on to something else and then go back to whatever game that is when I want to and have motivation. Like, imo it becomes way less stressful when you consider being done once you see the credits. It's like replaying a game, some people won't consider themselves "done" with a game until they've played it through a few times and get sick of it, but like that can just create a larger backlog. So idk. Whatever works for you, but that's what helps me. 😁



[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

[Wii U/NNID: Jaekization]

[3DS Friend code: 2852-7052-1758]

Generally, the games sit there for months or years, until I have the sudden desire to play one. I bought Shadow of Mordor like 6 months ago, and just got the desire to play it yesterday. Great game so far btw.



I just try not to think about it, and buy and play games I feel like playing, regardless of how long ago I got them.

I do set some restrictions though...mostly that I don't replay games (with exceptions), and usually choose to buy games from developers and franchises I like. I don't rule out other games entirely...I just don't make them a priority.



NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Generally, the games sit there for months or years, until I have the sudden desire to play one. I bought Shadow of Mordor like 6 months ago, and just got the desire to play it yesterday. Great game so far btw.

I didn't play through this until some time last year, despite buying it at the start of 2015, lol :P 



I just play when I want. I don't create a list or anything really. Making a "backlog" just makes gaming a chore. And that's not fun at all



StarOcean said:
I just play when I want. I don't create a list or anything really. Making a "backlog" just makes gaming a chore. And that's not fun at all

But if you have lots of games that you haven't played yet, it IS a backlog lol, you can rename if you like lol :P 

I THINK I'm free all day on Tuesday so I may crack out a game (... But which one?! I'll flip coins and make a tournament lol) and see how far I get in one sitting, lol.



Bristow9091 said:
StarOcean said:
I just play when I want. I don't create a list or anything really. Making a "backlog" just makes gaming a chore. And that's not fun at all

But if you have lots of games that you haven't played yet, it IS a backlog lol, you can rename if you like lol :P 

I THINK I'm free all day on Tuesday so I may crack out a game (... But which one?! I'll flip coins and make a tournament lol) and see how far I get in one sitting, lol.

I play all my games immediately. Whether I beat them immediately or not, I cannot say for sure XD



StarOcean said:
Bristow9091 said:

But if you have lots of games that you haven't played yet, it IS a backlog lol, you can rename if you like lol :P 

I THINK I'm free all day on Tuesday so I may crack out a game (... But which one?! I'll flip coins and make a tournament lol) and see how far I get in one sitting, lol.

I play all my games immediately. Whether I beat them immediately or not, I cannot say for sure XD

See, that's just something I don't have time for anymore, I can buy 3-4 games on sale for mega cheap, but don't have time to be able to play them immediately... I usually end up having to wait a minimum of a month or so, lol. 

There ARE some exceptions, for example, Final Fantasy XV I was going to put straight to the top of my backlog list as soon as the Pro patch came out, but as we all know it kind of never showed up, so I picked a different game instead, and now it's releasing at the end of the month, which means I've either got to try and finish my current game beforehand, or just drop it and start Final Fantasy XV lol... might end up having to wait though to be honest.