Forums - General Discussion - PewDiePie fired by Disney and Youtube cancels his show

Earlier this day Disney's Maker Studios fired PewDiePie due to anti-semitic jokes in his videos.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/02/14/pewdiepie-fired-anti-semitic-videos-youtube-maker-studios-felix-kjellberg/

Recently Youtube followed Disney's lead and canceled his show.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/14/youtube-ends-relationship-pewdiepie-antisemitic-videos

 

edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLNSiFrS3n4

Edit 2:

Goodnightmoon said:


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwk1DogcPmU

Here is his response.

I kind of feel bad for him tbh.



Intel Core i7 3770K | 24 GB DDR 3 | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB VRAM | Asus PG27AQ gaming on 3840 x 2160

"I am a cat with idiotic reasons and thoughts, and that's why it's so fun to follow them, nya."

"Miau, meow or nya?"

"Good, bad -  I'm the cat with the claws."

Bet with palou: 

I loose if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Around the Network
Good to know, he's trash and it was about time for his downfall.

Wasn't there an on-going joke about Disney hating Jews ?

Wonder if this files under "I am a rich idiot" or the world is too sensitive.

 

Peh said:

Earlier this day Disney's Maker Studios fired PewDiePie due to anti-semitic jokes in his videos.

http://hollywoodlife.com/2017/02/14/pewdiepie-fired-anti-semitic-videos-youtube-maker-studios-felix-kjellberg/

Recently Youtube followed Disney's lead and canceled his show.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2017/feb/14/youtube-ends-relationship-pewdiepie-antisemitic-videos

 

Waaaaaait.... Pewdiepie had a show on Disney Channel??? Pewdiepie was cool  years ago with his happy wheel and skate videos. I haven't watched him in years. I hear he switch to vlogs and doesn't play games anymore.       



He had a show? I suppose as long as he can make youtube videos, he should be okay. Though, this will no doubt damage his image, quite a bit.

Luke888 said:
Wasn't there an on-going joke about Disney hating Jews ?

Walt Disney was an anti-semit himself. The Disney Company doesn't follow his view, obviously.



Intel Core i7 3770K | 24 GB DDR 3 | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB VRAM | Asus PG27AQ gaming on 3840 x 2160

"I am a cat with idiotic reasons and thoughts, and that's why it's so fun to follow them, nya."

"Miau, meow or nya?"

"Good, bad -  I'm the cat with the claws."

Bet with palou: 

I loose if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Incase people don't understand the trail.

Disney owns Maker. Maker owns several youtube networks. One of those youtube networks is PewdiePies.
Thus Disney has fired him.

They cut off his "premium" ads but not his regular ads.

gatito said:
Good to know, he's trash and it was about time for his downfall.

A downfall isn't happening, it's just he is not directly associated with Youtube and Disney anymore. He still has a ridiulously big channel that earns him millions a year. Just checked his last video, posted three hours ago and has 500k views



Around the Network
celador said:
gatito said:
Good to know, he's trash and it was about time for his downfall.

A downfall isn't happening, it's just he is not directly associated with Youtube and Disney anymore. He still has a ridiulously big channel that earns him millions a year. Just checked his last video, posted three hours ago and has 500k views

Yes, he can still monotize videos on Youtube. The anti-semitic ones have been removed by Youtube. I doubt that any well known company will make a contract with him after that incident.



Intel Core i7 3770K | 24 GB DDR 3 | Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB VRAM | Asus PG27AQ gaming on 3840 x 2160

"I am a cat with idiotic reasons and thoughts, and that's why it's so fun to follow them, nya."

"Miau, meow or nya?"

"Good, bad -  I'm the cat with the claws."

Bet with palou: 

I loose if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.