Quantcast
A new breed of ads...

Forums - Website Topics - A new breed of ads...

I can forgive and forget when ads are plastered all over the page and become a small nuisance. However, I can't do that for these ads. As soon as you load the page, a video ad plays and locks position on it, so you can't scroll down or up for the entire duration of the ad, which was one minute on my case. It gets even funnier when the ad plays again many seconds later and you have to stop typing. When ads prevent you from seeing the content of the page, you know it's invasive and it needs to be taken care of swiftly.



Around the Network

 

^^ the average VGC user

 

but seriously, ad block the fuck out of this site, thats my advise. 



I have not seen any of these ads?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

Mr_No said:

I can forgive and forget when ads are plastered all over the page and become a small nuisance. However, I can't do that for these ads. As soon as you load the page, a video ad plays and locks position on it, so you can't scroll down or up for the entire duration of the ad, which was one minute on my case. It gets even funnier when the ad plays again many seconds later and you have to stop typing. When ads prevent you from seeing the content of the page, you know it's invasive and it needs to be taken care of swiftly.

Use an AD BLOCKER. Problem solved.. 



XBLive: cpg716     PSN ID: cpg716  Steam: Luv4Tech77

Predictions on 12/01/15 - Generation 8 Totals:

PS4: 85-95m
X1: 55-65m
WiiU: 20-30m

spurgeonryan said:
I have not seen any of these ads?

You do know what the shinny G means next your name right? 



 

Around the Network
Acevil said:
spurgeonryan said:
I have not seen any of these ads?

You do know what the shinny G means next your name right? 

Bwahahah xD



cpg716 said:
Mr_No said:

I can forgive and forget when ads are plastered all over the page and become a small nuisance. However, I can't do that for these ads. As soon as you load the page, a video ad plays and locks position on it, so you can't scroll down or up for the entire duration of the ad, which was one minute on my case. It gets even funnier when the ad plays again many seconds later and you have to stop typing. When ads prevent you from seeing the content of the page, you know it's invasive and it needs to be taken care of swiftly.

Use an AD BLOCKER. Problem solved.. 

I would if I could. I'm in my college computer between breaks and these computers don't allow you to install add-ons.



Mr_No said:
cpg716 said:

Use an AD BLOCKER. Problem solved.. 

I would if I could. I'm in my college computer between breaks and these computers don't allow you to install add-ons.

This might be strange solution but I highly recommend it when using highschool or college computers. Rabb.it , which basically is like if you were running a browser virtually on a different machine. You do have to sign up for HD, and you do have to have level of trust to the website. I use it for easy access to things like American Netflix or HBOGo. 



 

VCG has ads?



Well, this is new.

Read.

Update to supporter status and problem solved .