Quantcast
Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazon US November monthly bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion.

PS4 back at 299



Around the Network
poklane said:

Holy shit!

For those we can't see it: PS4 Uncharted bundle (physical copy) jumps from #97 to #5...

Entire monthly update using Shadow1980's previous numbers:

#5 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle with physical copy (up 92)
#15 PS4 Star Wars Battlefront bundle (no movement)
#19 XB1 Gears of War: Ultimate Edition bundle (up 5)
#22 PS4 Limited Edition Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 bundle (down 3)
#24 PS4 Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection bundle with digital copy (up 3)
#27 XB1 Fallout 4 bundle (up 1)
#31 PS4 Limited Edition Star Wars Battlefront bundle (down 10)
#49 XBO 1TB Holiday bundle (up 15)
XBO Madden bundle drops out of the Top 100

The thing is about being number 1 is that there's no indication of how well it's selling compared to those below, no matter how close. That sales gap (in terms of units sold) nust have been astronomical.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


SWORDF1SH said:

Ok I'm going to stick my head on the block, My prediction for the month;

PS4 - 3 weeks before BF - 170k a week average (140k avg last year) - Price cut and 2 massive 3rd party deals cause of yoy increase.
XB1 - 3 weeks before BF - 145k a week average (165k avg last year) - Less aggressive with deals than last year cause for yoy decrease

PS4 - BF (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) 55% of months sales due discounted bundle being offered for longer than last year. 623k
XB1 - BF (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) 50% of months sales due to less aggression than last year. 435k

PS4 - 150k preordered SW and COD bundles.

Totals
PS4 - 1.28M
XB1 - 0.87M

Edit: I just saw the NDC bundle jump to 5 in the monthlies. Talking strictly Amazon this prediciton seems somewhere near.

PS4 - 1.12M
XB1 - 0.81M

Would be my out of the blue guess.



2 hours since last update:

#01 PS4 Nathan Drake Bundle (same)
#05 XB1 Gears Bundle (same)
#24 XB1 Three Games Bundle (down 2)
#27 PS4 Star Wars Standard Bundle (down 3)
#58 PS4 Black Ops Bundle (up 1)
#63 3DS Mario Land Bundle (down 1)
#67 WU Mario Kart Bundle (down 4)
#89 N3DS (up 1)

PS4 - 4 bundles, 3 in the top 100
XB1 - 7 bundles, 2 in the top 100


XB1 Deals:

Gears Bundle ($300)
Halo Bundle ($450)
Kinect + Three Games ($456)
Three Games Bundle ($350)


PS4 Deals:


Nathan Drake Bundle ($300)
Nathan Drake + Star Wars ($359)
Nathan Drake + Fallout 4 ($359)

PS4 wins Black Friday, and November by 300k - 350k. That's my final guess.



 

The PS5 Exists. 


Just came to say holy moly!



Around the Network

http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-bust-retail-sales-down-13-1-vs-2014/

PS4 doing nicely at both Amazon and Best Buy, so it may yet be up YoY.



SWORDF1SH said:

Ok I'm going to stick my head on the block, My prediction for the month;

PS4 - 3 weeks before BF - 170k a week average (140k avg last year) - Price cut and 2 massive 3rd party deals cause of yoy increase.
XB1 - 3 weeks before BF - 145k a week average (165k avg last year) - Less aggressive with deals than last year cause for yoy decrease

PS4 - BF (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) 55% of months sales due discounted bundle being offered for longer than last year. 623k
XB1 - BF (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) 50% of months sales due to less aggression than last year. 435k

PS4 - 150k preordered SW and COD bundles.

Totals
PS4 - 1.28M
XB1 - 0.87M

Edit: I just saw the NDC bundle jump to 5 in the monthlies. Talking strictly Amazon this prediciton seems somewhere near.

If Tidux is right, then BF PS4 sales were between second highest PS sales day and 1M; what was the previous sales record for a playstation console?



Farsala said:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-bust-retail-sales-down-13-1-vs-2014/

PS4 doing nicely at both Amazon and Best Buy, so it may yet be up YoY.

This is only retail. We all know how big digital is now /s

But Xbox One had some record setting for black Friday last year, so that takes care of Xbox One being definitely down. While amazon seems to show that Sony might be up year over year after that crazy monthly update.



riecsou said:
Farsala said:
http://blog.infoscout.co/black-friday-bust-retail-sales-down-13-1-vs-2014/

PS4 doing nicely at both Amazon and Best Buy, so it may yet be up YoY.

This is only retail. We all know how big digital is now /s

But Xbox One had some record setting for black Friday last year, so that takes care of Xbox One being definitely down. While amazon seems to show that Sony might be up year over year after that crazy monthly update.

This reports states that all of the major retailers saw a sales decrease YoY, except for BB and Amazon, the two retailers we know that PS4 led at.



both consoles have sold well, it's a good time to be a gamer.