Quantcast
Nintendo and Smash's Latest DLC: Is Sakurai and Nintendo Going Too Far?

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo and Smash's Latest DLC: Is Sakurai and Nintendo Going Too Far?

Is the DLC too expensive?

Yes 217 66.56%
 
No 109 33.44%
 
Total:326

I know I've been advertising this thread lately, but if you want to get the DLC for cheaper, I made a thread on how to split the cost for Ryu, Lucas, Roy, and Kirby 64's stage between Smash 4 Wii U or 3DS owners: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204232&page=1#



Around the Network

Desperate times call for desperate measures. If Nintendo was in a better place with the Wii U I doubt they would be so pricey. They know that they can milk their loyal fan base for all they got, and they are (including me).



They are going too far, yes. But if people buy them, I understand why they release the content at that prize. I think it's a shared fault between Nintendo and the consumers.



t3mporary_126 said:

I know I've been advertising this thread lately, but if you want to get the DLC for cheaper, I made a thread on how to split the cost for Ryu, Lucas, Roy, and Kirby 64's stage between Smash 4 Wii U or 3DS owners: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204232&page=1#


If there is no problem with this, a link to your page was added at the bottom of my OP. ; )



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Areym said:

You're your own on worst enemy then.

Yeah, it seems terrible I an giving in to it, but I just can't say no...

I mean, i get it. I've not crazy about paying more money after i shell out $60 on a brand new game but if the content is worthwhile, then it is what it is. Honestly, extra DLC characters, well after release, is really not a bad practice in my opinion. Making fucking Goro free on pre-order, on day one, and charging those who do not pre-order when the character is clearly available from the get-go, that is some fucking bullshit  or releasing your game with a 6 character roster for that matter.



"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Around the Network
Areym said:
Cloudman said:
Areym said:

You're your own on worst enemy then.

Yeah, it seems terrible I an giving in to it, but I just can't say no...

I mean, i get it. I've not crazy about paying more money after i shell out $60 on a brand new game but if the content is worthwhile, then it is what it is. Honestly, extra DLC characters, well after release, is really not a bad practice in my opinion. Making fucking Goro extra if you do not pre-order, on day one, and charging those who do not pre-order, that is some fucking bullshit or releasing your game with a 6 character roster for that matter.

The Goro thing I really found to be rather terrible too as well. It sort of felt as if they forced you to pre-order without know if people would like the game or not, or other issues. I feel if it's worth it, paying for dlc shouldn't be a bad thing, but I feel the pricing could have been a little better on this, after Nintendo has demonstrated with MK8, as well as characters like Roy and Lucas being established characters.



 

              

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

There should be a package deal for all of it that is half or two-thirds the price, as well as an exclusive bonus for buying all the content.



Cloudman said:
t3mporary_126 said:

I know I've been advertising this thread lately, but if you want to get the DLC for cheaper, I made a thread on how to split the cost for Ryu, Lucas, Roy, and Kirby 64's stage between Smash 4 Wii U or 3DS owners: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=204232&page=1#


If there is no problem with this, a link to your page was added at the bottom of my OP. ; )


No problem, go ahead! I'm actually participating in my own thread, hoping someone with a 3DS wants the DLC as well so you're personally helping me out as well!



The $2.00 stage price is fine in my opinion. Its just those over price fighter and mii fights skins. I want to buy Ryu, but sure as hell not paying $6. Not at all interest in the stage include.



     

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

yes. characters should never be dlcs scince its kind of pay to win (at least if the dlc character are/feel stronger)