Quantcast
Magic is Terrorism.

Forums - Politics Discussion - Magic is Terrorism.

This world is surely full of "interesting" people, eh?



                
       ---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I believe people are missing the obvious here! We are being infiltrated by the alien race of Drax the destroyer!



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Porcupine_I said:
I believe people are missing the obvious here! We are being infiltrated by the alien race of Drax the destroyer!

OhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGodOhGod!

*hides*



 

The truth is out there?



Battletag: Quakecore89#1866 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PCs: -PC 2017(Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GeForce RTX 2060 6GB/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

AZWification said:

This world is surely full of "interesting" people, eh?

Tch tch tch tch....



Battletag: Quakecore89#1866 / GOG: AMDFX89 / PSN: QuakeCore_89 / Xbox Live Tag: QuakeCore89 / NS: SW-7937-5976-6855

Current PCs: -PC 2017(Ryzen 7 3700X/32GB 3200MHz DDR4 RAM/GeForce RTX 2060 6GB/Crucial 250GB M.2(Boot) Kingston 1TB SSD(Storage))

Around the Network
binary solo said:

You have no idea the sheltered, warped and naive world some children live in. Children of certain backgrounds believe things like demonic possession and witchcraft are real, not just the benign things like Santa and the Easter Bunny. If the kid who was the "victim" is one of those types...and with Texas the likelihood is much higher than some states... then it is quite plausible that they would take a magic ring threat seriously.

When you always look at situations through your own lens of truth you will often dismiss other people's concerns because they have a different perspective on the world. What if the kid had threatened voodoo doll pinning rather than The One Ring disappearaing act? To my mind that is an equally ridiculous and empty threat, just as magicky and full of fantasy as the One Ring. But to some people voodoo is serious shit. If you threaten the wrong person in the wrong place with voodoo you are likely to have a bunch of people track you down and burn your house down with you in it. Perhaps in Texas you shouldn't threaten little kids with ring magic.

Was it an overreaction? Probably. It is as straight forward as most of you want to make it out. Almost certianly not.

Why would you fire the supernintendo? Is it because it never got a Hobbit game?

Further proof that the education system there is woefully inadequate then. Rather than suspending the kid having some fun they should have taught the other kid the difference between real things and fictional things...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
binary solo said:

You have no idea the sheltered, warped and naive world some children live in. Children of certain backgrounds believe things like demonic possession and witchcraft are real, not just the benign things like Santa and the Easter Bunny. If the kid who was the "victim" is one of those types...and with Texas the likelihood is much higher than some states... then it is quite plausible that they would take a magic ring threat seriously.

When you always look at situations through your own lens of truth you will often dismiss other people's concerns because they have a different perspective on the world. What if the kid had threatened voodoo doll pinning rather than The One Ring disappearaing act? To my mind that is an equally ridiculous and empty threat, just as magicky and full of fantasy as the One Ring. But to some people voodoo is serious shit. If you threaten the wrong person in the wrong place with voodoo you are likely to have a bunch of people track you down and burn your house down with you in it. Perhaps in Texas you shouldn't threaten little kids with ring magic.

Was it an overreaction? Probably. It is as straight forward as most of you want to make it out. Almost certianly not.

Why would you fire the supernintendo? Is it because it never got a Hobbit game?

Further proof that the education system there is woefully inadequate then. Rather than suspending the kid having some fun they should have taught the other kid the difference between real things and fictional things...

well that cant work in a christian society, because you cant explain that some fiction is right and some is wrong..



generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Further proof that the education system there is woefully inadequate then. Rather than suspending the kid having some fun they should have taught the other kid the difference between real things and fictional things...

well that cant work in a christian society, because you cant explain that some fiction is right and some is wrong..

Schools are supposed to educate people, not reinforce religious indoctrination...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Further proof that the education system there is woefully inadequate then. Rather than suspending the kid having some fun they should have taught the other kid the difference between real things and fictional things...

well that cant work in a christian society, because you cant explain that some fiction is right and some is wrong..

Schools are supposed to educate people, not reinforce religious indoctrination...

schools would get burned down in some uncivilised areas if the teachers would tell the kids that jesus is as real as the Care Bears..



generic-user-1 said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Schools are supposed to educate people, not reinforce religious indoctrination...

schools would get burned down in some uncivilised areas if the teachers would tell the kids that jesus is as real as the Care Bears..

Maybe the kids aren't the only ones that should be receiving proper education then...



Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702