Quantcast
Locked: What happens when Private messages are private.

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What happens when Private messages are private.

This all just makes me wonder.

If people are so willing to allow their calls, texts, etc... be checked without the need of warrants then how long before people start being okay with cops being able to just check homes?

All in the name of catching the bad guys right?



iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

    

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Around the Network

Thanks for the replies. I do agree with everyone that we do need to fight for our privacy and make sure that they stop spying on us, though not because of privacy issues, but because they WILL abuse their power, if we allow them to.
So in a sense, I both agree and disagree with most people here.

I honestly wouldn't mind having cameras in every single room of my house and them spying on me 24/7 even when I masturbate or have sex, simply because they could also see acts of domestic violence, people cheating on their partner (in case of a divorce), crimes committed etc. However, I am aware that this will never work, especially since the police in most places are very corrupted and as others said, they could make a case against you, simply because they don't like you or your opinions.

In other words, everyone should be against this, though we sort of disagree on why.

(side note: I am a very private person and have the curtains down when I'm at home, so I'm not that comfortable with invasion of my privacy, but in an ideal situation, I'd rather have them listening to my every conversation if that could lead to citizens feeling secure and protected from crime. Of course, things are not that simple and that will never happen).

Last thing: anyone here a fan of Person of Interest?



ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i find it scary that some people agrees with this shiet just because they have some loyalty to some brand.

its a lot like the drm stuf , instead of saying this stuff was anticonsumer some dudes agreed with it, not because they didnt care but because they needed to defend the brand.


It has nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with common sense.

Do people not understand the threats we live with these days?

 

I find it scary that people mainly bitch with this because it allows them to attack a certain brand.

 



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i find it scary that some people agrees with this shiet just because they have some loyalty to some brand.

its a lot like the drm stuf , instead of saying this stuff was anticonsumer some dudes agreed with it, not because they didnt care but because they needed to defend the brand.


It has nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with common sense.

Do people not understand the threats we live with these days?

 

I find it scary that people mainly bitch with this because it allows them to attack a certain brand.

 


like i said before the problem are not the threats, the problem is why this threats live, what is the reason behind them?. There should be no excuse to accept a violation of your privacy, except to those who are uneducated or paranoid.



I am the new kid in town!!!

OdinHades said:
"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin


From 1700's

Very relevant to 2013

Very.

Thanks.

I like these ones better, more relevant:

"Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain - and most fools do"
 

-Benjamin Franklin

and this one for that idiot Snowden:

"He that would live in peace and at ease must not speak all he knows or all he sees"
 

-Benjamin Franklin




I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


Around the Network
slow69 said:
kowenicki said:
ClassicGamingWizzz said:
i find it scary that some people agrees with this shiet just because they have some loyalty to some brand.

its a lot like the drm stuf , instead of saying this stuff was anticonsumer some dudes agreed with it, not because they didnt care but because they needed to defend the brand.


It has nothing to do with brand loyalty and everything to do with common sense.

Do people not understand the threats we live with these days?

 

I find it scary that people mainly bitch with this because it allows them to attack a certain brand.

 


like i said before the problem are not the threats, the problem is why this threats exist, what is the reason behind them?. There should be no excuse to accept a violation of your privacy, except to those who are uneducated or paranoid.

liberal nonsense.  there has always been threats and there always will be.



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995


I find it more insulting that people with such strong thoughts about privacy waste their time complaining about Kinect rather than campaigning against their governments about protecting privacy. Its the law and not the device that's a problem so either start campaigning to your government properly or stfu on a videogame forum.



kowenicki said:
slow69 said:


like i said before the problem are not the threats, the problem is why this threats exist, what is the reason behind them?. There should be no excuse to accept a violation of your privacy, except to those who are uneducated or paranoid.

liberal nonsense.  there has always been threats and there always will be.


I know and i am proposing a way to deal with these threats that will not invade my privacy, you on the other hand are acting like a republican in a anti-terrorism suit, paranoid much?

clasic case of double standards you want the US to invade my privacy and spy on my but you hate that Snowden did exacly the same on the US government. Just like those guys saying that Ps4 owners were paranoid because they think the government are goig to spy on them, then they defend the government by saying that we have to defend ourselfs from terrorist attacks, one has to ask, who is more paranoid?



I am the new kid in town!!!

In general, if its private, keep it in person.

if it leaves a online paper trail, it ain't private.



___________

Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)

slow69 said:
kowenicki said:
slow69 said:


like i said before the problem are not the threats, the problem is why this threats exist, what is the reason behind them?. There should be no excuse to accept a violation of your privacy, except to those who are uneducated or paranoid.

liberal nonsense.  there has always been threats and there always will be.


I know and i am proposing a way to deal with these threats that will not invade my privacy, you on the other hand are acting like a republican in a anti-terrorism suit, paranoid much?

clasic case of double standards you want the US to invade my privacy and spy on my but you hate that Snowden did exacly the same on the US government. Just like those guys saying that Ps4 owners were paranoid because they think the government are goig to spy on them, then they defend the government by saying that we have to defend ourselfs from terrorist attacks, one has to ask, who is more paranoid?

...and you dont see the irony in calling other paranoid all the time?



I'm not really here!

Link: Shipment History Since 1995