Quantcast
COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Forums - Sales Discussion - COMG! Japan Pre-order Chart Thread - Daily updates!

Day of the year Sony points Nintendo points Sony games Nintendo games Sony ratio Nintendo ratio
7-Jan-2019 793 53 18 2 44 27
21-Jan-2019 934 8 19 1 49 8
4-Feb-2019 385 14 19 1 20 14
18-Feb-2019 435 39 17 3 26 13
4-Mar-2019 429 53 16 4 27 13
18-Mar-2019 396 127 13 7 30 18
25-Mar-2019 145 130 13 7 11 19
8-Apr-2019 162 130 12 8 14 16
9-Apr-2019 169 135 12 8 14 17
10-Apr-2019 169 136 12 8 14 17
11-Apr-2019 167 143 11 9 15 16
12-Apr-2019 154 136 11 9 14 15
13-Apr-2019 159 139 12 8 13 17
14-Apr-2019 160 142 12 8 13 18
15-Apr-2019 159 154 11 9 14 17
Average 2019 452 65 16 4 28 16


Around the Network

Wonder If Days Gone can reach a 100k opening



Megiddo said:
theDX said:

Didn't FFX/X-2 sell really poorly on PS4, the Switch version's sales probably won't be too far off.

edit:

COMG

First week: 38

Famitsu

First week: 17,972

LTD: 32,922

And the 180k who got it first week on PS3 as well. And the 130k first week on the Vita.

This is the first time FFX/X-2 is on a Nintendo device, no? That's a ton of new potential buyers.

Maybe if FFXVI was known to come to Switch.

This is a port of a port of a remaster. It will sell accordingly.



   
   
theDX said:
Megiddo said:

And the 180k who got it first week on PS3 as well. And the 130k first week on the Vita.

This is the first time FFX/X-2 is on a Nintendo device, no? That's a ton of new potential buyers.

Maybe if FFXVI was known to come to Switch.

This is a port of a port of a remaster. It will sell accordingly.

This is the part people seem to ignore.  Final Fantasy hasn't had a new entry in ages or any entry past 6 on a Nintendo machine.  That's 25 years of doing nothing to build or maintain an audience there.  It's not like all the FF fans from the SNES days have stubbornly dug in their heels and ignored the franchise for more than two decades, persistently buying only machines that never see an entry.

And the same goes for other franchises and publishers that have ignored Nintendo platforms for extended periods, it will take time to fully establish an audience there.



Megiddo said:
theDX said:

Didn't FFX/X-2 sell really poorly on PS4, the Switch version's sales probably won't be too far off.

edit:

COMG

First week: 38

Famitsu

First week: 17,972

LTD: 32,922

And the 180k who got it first week on PS3 as well. And the 130k first week on the Vita.

This is the first time FFX/X-2 is on a Nintendo device, no? That's a ton of new potential buyers.

That's not really how it works. The majority of people who are interested in FFX/X2 Remaster would have gotten it on one of the 4 platforms it released on between Dec 2013-May 2016.

A late port of a late port of a late port of a remaster is not likely to sell much regardless of being the first time on an ecosystem.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
ZODIARKrebirth said:
Wonder If Days Gone can reach a 100k opening

100k at this looks avhievable but we'll have to see how it fares in its final week.



zorg1000 said:
Megiddo said:

And the 180k who got it first week on PS3 as well. And the 130k first week on the Vita.

This is the first time FFX/X-2 is on a Nintendo device, no? That's a ton of new potential buyers.

That's not really how it works. The majority of people who are interested in FFX/X2 Remaster would have gotten it on one of the 4 platforms it released on between Dec 2013-May 2016.

A late port of a late port of a late port of a remaster is not likely to sell much regardless of being the first time on an ecosystem.

I'd say that both are true. It's likely to be low due to all of the platforms it's been on before. However, the game has never been on a Nintendo platform, so you'd expect a lot more than what the PS4 port did.



outlawauron said:
zorg1000 said:

That's not really how it works. The majority of people who are interested in FFX/X2 Remaster would have gotten it on one of the 4 platforms it released on between Dec 2013-May 2016.

A late port of a late port of a late port of a remaster is not likely to sell much regardless of being the first time on an ecosystem.

I'd say that both are true. It's likely to be low due to all of the platforms it's been on before. However, the game has never been on a Nintendo platform, so you'd expect a lot more than what the PS4 port did.

That's assuming that Switch owners who are Final Fantasy fans never played it on PS2, PS3, Vita, PS4 or Steam.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I don't think there's a particularly large overlap between Switch owners and PS3/Vita/PS4 owners, let alone the tiny speck that is PC gaming in Japan.

I'd say 75k is the ceiling for the initial week of Days Gone, likely closer to 50k.



Megiddo said:
I don't think there's a particularly large overlap between Switch owners and PS3/Vita/PS4 owners, let alone the tiny speck that is PC gaming in Japan.

Why not? Switch is essentially the successor to Vita, I'm sure alot of Vita owners have transitioned to Switch. As for PS4, it and Switch complement each other well, you think the people who like big 3rd party titles and the people who like Nintendo games are completely seperate audiences?

Regardless, there's a big enough overlap that a game being ported for the 4th time isnt going to sell a ton of units.

This isnt a Wii U situation where a game sold less than its potential because of the install base, PS3+Vita+PS4 have sold close to 25 million in Japan so almost anybody who wanted to play a remaster of games from 2001/2003 has done so already.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.