Forums - General Discussion - ESPN journalist Chris Broussard on NBA's Jason Collins: Homosexuality is a sin and living in sin isn't Christian

So NBA player Jason Collins was yesterday the first to openly come out as a homosexual in a major American team sport ...ever, according to my source. Let's hear what one journalist by the name of Chris Broussard has to say about it:

 

People like this still exist in high places in the West?



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Around the Network
Video will not play for me, could you summarize the content?

Augen said:
Video will not play for me, could you summarize the content?

What if you follow the link here? http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G4PTUPXdfE0

Tell me if it still doesn't work!



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

€dit: oh you said "in high places"



crissindahouse said:

they do, just read through some of the threads we had here about homosexuality and religion.

€dit: ok you said "in high places" not in the west in general lol^^

Hehe yeah, because I was already aware of people like that but at least most of them don't get very far these days with attitudes like we see above. And some who post in those threads I wouldn't classify as living in the "West"



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

Around the Network
He says a lot more than just homosexuals. Honestly, whats the big deal? He believes what he says. You believe the opposite. Okay.

Though I think his definition of being a Christian is wrong. I don't think he says anything too controversial.

Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

Currently own:

 

  • Ps3 slim 1 tb (1,000gb) Seagate 2.5 inch SATA
  • PsVITA 32gb 3g/Wifi

 

Currently playing:

 

  • PS3: Skyrim (lol again), that's pretty much it.
  • Vita: Sold. Collected to much dust for its own good...
  • 3DS: COMING SOON!!!

 

On the Horizon: Getting bored of gaming recently.... Probably taking a break.

*THE OFFICIAL 2013 NBA THREAD*

Max King of the Wild said:
He says a lot more than just homosexuals. Honestly, whats the big deal? He believes what he says. You believe the opposite. Okay.

Though I think his definition of being a Christian is wrong. I don't think he says anything too controversial.

I know he says more, but the only thing that was really relevant there was homosexuality, since they were discussing Jason Collins who just came out. And if you believe homosexuality is a "sin" then I guess what he says isn't controversial. However, I feel like calling something a sin due to prejudice is appalling and wonder why he even felt a need to go on a rant like that. People like him are one of the main reasons why so many are afraid of admitting their sexuality, and the problem seems really apparent in American sports at least.



Watch this space - counting down to the GOTG soon

ps3-sales! said:
Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

i know enough christians who do



Around the Network
crissindahouse said:
ps3-sales! said:
Why are you condemning him for his opinion? That's pretty ignorant. Christians don't agree with the homosexual lifestyle; you act as if that's news?

i know enough christians who do

There is a difference between being accepting and loving people (which is what Jesus taught and what Christians should strive for) and agreeing with it.