YukanaSenix said:
kain_kusanagi said:
The PS3 has one fatal flaw that it has yet to recover from. It lacks Halo games. Halo 4 is the game of the generation.


Yeah if you only played CoD and Halo.

The PS3 Exclusives are the Games of the Generation.
If you want to pick one then probably Uncharted 2...But we have to see.The Last of Us or maybe Beyond Two Souls will take the crown at the end.
Halo 4 is just a slighty better looking version of Halo CE like every other one...Same goes for CoD.Copy+Paste.Only difference is Halo upped a little bit in the graphic departmen while CoD is still using an Engine from 1999 after 10 games or so.Still far behind PS3 Exclusives

@Thread

No
PS2 > PS1 > PS3 > everything else in terms of disc based consoles.You can't argue about that if you like a big variety of games and genres over a COMPLETE lifecycle of a console.So don't come with the first 2 years of that console were great.Look at the end and see what console is still getting in its last year 20 exclusives where at least 5-10 will be new IPs at AAAA Quality from different genres.
In this Gen again Sony supported with the PS3 the GAMING Community(i don't call people who only buy CoD gamers) better than anyone.

Wow

So much spin in one post, I'm actualy impressed.



Around the Network
S.Peelman said:

No.

The Dreamcast is. Close second would be the PlayStation 1, third Wii, fourth PlayStation 3 and fifth GameCube. Don't own the two Xboxes, PS2 or Saturn so can't judge those. Played the first Xbox some times, but not enough to give a definitive judgment and similarly, WiiU isn't out long enough to judge.

I don't care about any of the PS3's features. I care about the games.

In that area, Dreamcast and PS1 easily win.

Wander_ said:

(..)

-The most reliable system i've ever seen.

(..)

Not really, though I've never had a system die on me including the PS3 (magic hands I guess ), I don't dare to keep the PS3 on for too long. My cousin's died and mine makes way too much noise for it's own good. It's also the only console ever I've actually taken apart completely to get all the dust out. All the others (and I own consoles as old as the 2nd gen) didn't need that. In built quality, PS3's definitely the worst I own. On the software side it's bad too, though that's likely to be caused by the heat, but it's frozen up more than it's fair share.

Generally, I feel that the older the console the more reliable it is. Manufacturers get sloppier by the generation in that regard.

WTF!! are you living in a cave who in god's name doesnt own a ps2 even hobos had one



Wander_ said:
S.Peelman said:

No.

The Dreamcast is. Close second would be the PlayStation 1, third Wii, fourth PlayStation 3 and fifth GameCube. Don't own the two Xboxes, PS2 or Saturn so can't judge those. Played the first Xbox some times, but not enough to give a definitive judgment and similarly, WiiU isn't out long enough to judge.

I don't care about any of the PS3's features. I care about the games.

In that area, Dreamcast and PS1 easily win.

WTF are living in a cave who in god's name doeasnt own a ps2 even hobos had one

I know, I know . It's shameful I Know. I've never even touched one, can you imagine that ?



PS2 was heaps better, it played cds dvds and the best games ever.

Wander_ said:
Immortal said:
Wander_ said:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/08/18/xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent-ps3-wii-more-reliable/


Pretty much demonstrating my point there. PS3's failure rate is only acceptable when compared to the ridiculously break-able 360.

By the way, the first result on my search was this. And most of the other results gave the same numbers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691

Which makes my point even more since the PS3's failure rate is nearly four times greater than Wii's

a CD based launch console to get a 10% failure rate is freaking AWESOME the only console that can compete with the PS3 is the original Xbox that thing just wont die.



Read the bolded harder. 10% is not good. It's better than 360, but that's really not saying much. I'd compare it to other generations, but I can't find any concrete failrate statistics for them from a reliable source.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

kain_kusanagi said:
YukanaSenix said:
kain_kusanagi said:
The PS3 has one fatal flaw that it has yet to recover from. It lacks Halo games. Halo 4 is the game of the generation.


Yeah if you only played CoD and Halo.

The PS3 Exclusives are the Games of the Generation.
If you want to pick one then probably Uncharted 2...But we have to see.The Last of Us or maybe Beyond Two Souls will take the crown at the end.
Halo 4 is just a slighty better looking version of Halo CE like every other one...Same goes for CoD.Copy+Paste.Only difference is Halo upped a little bit in the graphic departmen while CoD is still using an Engine from 1999 after 10 games or so.Still far behind PS3 Exclusives

@Thread

No
PS2 > PS1 > PS3 > everything else in terms of disc based consoles.You can't argue about that if you like a big variety of games and genres over a COMPLETE lifecycle of a console.So don't come with the first 2 years of that console were great.Look at the end and see what console is still getting in its last year 20 exclusives where at least 5-10 will be new IPs at AAAA Quality from different genres.
In this Gen again Sony supported with the PS3 the GAMING Community(i don't call people who only buy CoD gamers) better than anyone.

Wow

So much spin in one post, I'm actualy impressed.

Lol. yeah don't take that guy seriously. 



Yay!!!

Well, it only does everything!

...................................................... PS3 is the future?

Wander_ said:
Immortal said:
Wander_ said:

http://gamer.blorge.com/2009/08/18/xbox-360-failure-rate-over-50-percent-ps3-wii-more-reliable/


Pretty much demonstrating my point there. PS3's failure rate is only acceptable when compared to the ridiculously break-able 360.

By the way, the first result on my search was this. And most of the other results gave the same numbers.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691

Which makes my point even more since the PS3's failure rate is nearly four times greater than Wii's

a CD based launch console to get a 10% failure rate is freaking AWESOME the only console that can compete with the PS3 is the original Xbox that thing just wont die.

1 in 10 is not freaking amazing, it is quite bad.  Also, wii says hello, and ps2, and ps1, and original xbox, and the dreamcast, and the saturn, and pretty much every disc based device besides the 360.

As far as everything else in the topic... it is all subjective.  No I wouldn't even say the ps3 is the best sony console, I give that honor to the psone.  I do like it more than the ps2 though...



Around the Network
Hellz naw... SEGA CD is the best CD-based system of all time!

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.