Quantcast
3DS XL worth buying?

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 3DS XL worth buying?

I'm still waiting for a model with good battery life.



I LOVE ICELAND!

Around the Network
blackstarr said:
What... what is going on with this user. Is this really a user?
The only reason I keep a 3DS is because I feel like it's more "portable", and I also prefer the colors available on 3DS over the 3DSXL.
Otherwise, I would go for the XL. Nothing to lose and added comfort.


Yes, I'm real



What the hell happened to the OP? He disappeared!(No, I wouldn't recommend getting the XL if you have the original, it doesn't show as sharp an image).



sperrico87 said:
It's more comfortable to hold, the circle pad is smoother and has a more rounded edge, and the screen is huge. If you like those things, then it's worth it.

The resolution is the same as the original model, so the new screen is pixelated and very noticeable. Once you get over that fact, it's no big deal. I hated the first model because it was too small and cramped my hands.

The one con I know will definitely come as a disappointment is the audio quality of the speakers. They made the molding of the top half thinner, so they had to use smaller speakers... and they lowered the overall volume to try and mask the loss in quality, but if you try to play a game on full blast, you will want to plug in headphones.

Bottom line: Worth it

I heard the pixel thing isn't too noticeable though

The regular 3DS also hurts my hands, does the XL hurt your hands? I heard the 3D is better and easier to see, true?



wfz said:

What the hell happened to the OP? He disappeared!(No, I wouldn't recommend getting the XL if you have the original, it doesn't show as sharp an image).

i won't tell you how to do it here for fear of troll abuse but there is a certain bug that allows a user to post as not a user.  this OP obviously took advantage of that bug.  if you really want to know how PM me and i'll explain.



Around the Network
kitler53 said:
wfz said:

What the hell happened to the OP? He disappeared!(No, I wouldn't recommend getting the XL if you have the original, it doesn't show as sharp an image).

i won't tell you how to do it here for fear of troll abuse but there is a certain bug that allows a user to post as not a user.  this OP obviously took advantage of that bug.  if you really want to know how PM me and i'll explain.


What the heck happened? I didn't do anything and I'm certainly not a troll



*Sound Of Rain said:
sperrico87 said:
It's more comfortable to hold, the circle pad is smoother and has a more rounded edge, and the screen is huge. If you like those things, then it's worth it.

The resolution is the same as the original model, so the new screen is pixelated and very noticeable. Once you get over that fact, it's no big deal. I hated the first model because it was too small and cramped my hands.

The one con I know will definitely come as a disappointment is the audio quality of the speakers. They made the molding of the top half thinner, so they had to use smaller speakers... and they lowered the overall volume to try and mask the loss in quality, but if you try to play a game on full blast, you will want to plug in headphones.

Bottom line: Worth it

I heard the pixel thing isn't too noticeable though

The regular 3DS also hurts my hands, does the XL hurt your hands? I heard the 3D is better and easier to see, true?

It's bigger and more rounded, so it is more comfortable for adult hands.  The 3D isn't better, but as a result of the screen being so much bigger, there is more allowance to move it while the 3D is turned on without losing the effect.  Just a natual result of larger size.



 

sperrico87 said:

It's bigger and more rounded, so it is more comfortable for adult hands.  The 3D isn't better, but as a result of the screen being so much bigger, there is more allowance to move it while the 3D is turned on without losing the effect.  Just a natual result of larger size.

So the 3D isn't more advanced but the overall quality of it is better because it doesn't lose the effect as easy. Cool

 

I don't think the whole $200 is worth it considering I do have the regular but someone in this thread said that Best Buy is having a big deal next Week so I will definitely look into that!



*Sound Of Rain said:



sperrico87 said:

It's bigger and more rounded, so it is more comfortable for adult hands.  The 3D isn't better, but as a result of the screen being so much bigger, there is more allowance to move it while the 3D is turned on without losing the effect.  Just a natual result of larger size.




So the 3D isn't more advanced but the overall quality of it is better because it doesn't lose the effect as easy. Cool


I don't think the whole $200 is worth it considering I do have the regular but someone in this thread said that Best Buy is having a big deal next Week so I will definitely look into that!



http://gamersyndrome.com/2012/video-games/3ds-xl-for-160-best-buy-next-week/

ALERT ALERT ALERT: UNLESS YOU WANT MARIO KART7, GO TO BEST BUY $160 FOR A 3DS XL DEC 9-16!


This sucks i have only $20 on me i just bought my bro (also 4me lol) for his bday MK7, NSMB2, POKEMON WHITE2!!! NO MONEY!!!



I hope so - they're on sale for $198 AUD at Big W Australia (online and instore) for one day only today (Saturday 8th December) - and I just bought one! That may sound expensive to others, but believe me - for Australia - that's a really good price!

Should be delivered by midweek.

Reasons I bought one -

1) Better DS games resolution/size. I have a lot more DS games to finish than I have 3ds, so that appeals.

2) I bought a DSXL for my partner (9 months or so after I bought a 3DS - it was ) - and she loves it - and I love it more for playing my DS games on. The bigger screen made my DS games so much brighter and bigger - slight pixellation visible - but I like the effect overall. Big huge screens *2 is awesome.

3) I can transfer my 3DS eshop purchases over to my new 3DS!

4) I love the DS/3DS platform - have 40+ cards. And have a DS, DSLite, DSXL, and 3DS already.

5) My 2 3/4 year old son absolutely loves Peppa Pig and Wariorware Touched - but also the photo/graffiti thing on the 3DS. Now I can give him the 3DS to muck around on and worry less about breakage.

6)It was available in RED! My 3ds is boring grey/black...

7) I generally found the little dpad and analog nub on my 3DS a little too small for me. This may be because once I tried the DSXL out, going back to my wee little 3DS was a shock!

Overall - pretty weak reasons, and probably more tied to my personal love of the DSXL and DS/3DS platform overall. But I hope overall that it's worth it!