its no secret that this sites numbers can be off at times, but what really annoys me is that you have certain users bashing this site on a daily bases as well as using their estimates on the same day, so what gives?
its a common hypocrisy that I have chosen to ignore.
There are many people that use or abuse the data as it suits their mood or agenda on a given day, or hour.
Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)
Is there a recent example you have in mind? Using VGChartz hardware numbers is fine if they've had some time to adjust possible errors imo.
- Where to Find Zelda: Breath of the Wild Kilton Monster Parts Merchant, Kilton Locations, Monster Parts, Items List
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild Blood Moon Guide ? Cooking Bonuses, Enemy and Items Respawns
- Mass Effect Andromeda Dev Experimented With No Man?s Sky-Style Procedural Planets
- Call of Duty WW2 Promotional Images Emerge ? Rumour
- Animalium Mod 1.10.2 (More Wild Animals, Gear, Food)
- Stardock CEO On Project Scorpio?s Lack of eSRAM: Hopefully The OS Can Take Care of Xbox One Compatability Issues
- Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Kett, Outlaws and Remnant Enemies Guide ? Tips and Combat Strategy
- Understanding Mass Effect Andromeda Multiplayer Characters
- Troll Guns Mod 1.10.2 (TNT Dropper, Grenade, Bazooka)
I feel that VGchartz is plenty accurate enough so you'll never see me post "It's under tracks" or "It's over tracked", or "Wait for the adjustments".
I am sure even people on Neogaf use us. They just do not want to admit it. The numbers that vgchartz usually get wrong are the ones where they are just going for it without much time to correct things. Black fridays numbers for example. But where else can you easily at the click of a mouse find thousands of pretty accurate game totals?
Slightly off topic but I think people should stick to quarterly reports and official announcements, as vgc numbers will become "more" inaccurate eventually, digital distribution is just one of the many reasons.
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.