its no secret that this sites numbers can be off at times, but what really annoys me is that you have certain users bashing this site on a daily bases as well as using their estimates on the same day, so what gives?
its a common hypocrisy that I have chosen to ignore.
There are many people that use or abuse the data as it suits their mood or agenda on a given day, or hour.
Older and wiser. Still bias and proud though ;)
Is there a recent example you have in mind? Using VGChartz hardware numbers is fine if they've had some time to adjust possible errors imo.
- Open Terrain Generator Skylands Mod 1.10.2
- Biome Bundle Mod 1.10.2 (Remaking The Overworld)
- Open Terrain Generator Mod 1.10.2 (Generate Anything)
- Crawl Guide: Here?s How To Unlock Gaben And Secret Deities
- Call of Duty: WWII PS4 Box Art Confirms Sony Has Timed Exclusvity Deal For DLC
- How Microsoft?s Strategy With Xbox Scorpio And Windows 10 May Possibly Shape The Furture of PS5
- Better Than Bunnies Mod 1.11.2/1.10.2 (Easter Bunny)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series ? Episode 1: Tangled Up In Blue Walkthrough With Ending
- Colossus Animated Resource Pack 1.11.2/1.10.2
I feel that VGchartz is plenty accurate enough so you'll never see me post "It's under tracks" or "It's over tracked", or "Wait for the adjustments".
I am sure even people on Neogaf use us. They just do not want to admit it. The numbers that vgchartz usually get wrong are the ones where they are just going for it without much time to correct things. Black fridays numbers for example. But where else can you easily at the click of a mouse find thousands of pretty accurate game totals?
Slightly off topic but I think people should stick to quarterly reports and official announcements, as vgc numbers will become "more" inaccurate eventually, digital distribution is just one of the many reasons.
Disconnect and self destruct, one bullet a time.