Quantcast
Gamewise is Now Live!!

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamewise is Now Live!!

^^^ Done
-----------

Will Gamewise be linked to VGchartz and/or Gamrreview in the future ?, showing the sales data for example.



Around the Network

Well the old database is gone and when you try to get to it you get gamewise.

My question is why not use all of the old database information? All the screenshots seem to be gone, synopsis, critic reviews, cheats, walkthroughs, etc. What was the point of that? All that work totally lost! Why did we even waste our time? At least keep it accessible so that we can use the information from it. Why make everything so difficult? Why take away what many worked on for years? Kind of a HUGE slap in the face. Well folks, you built the Panama canal, now go and do it again because we are not going to use this one except for certain parts that we will use here and there.


I guess we still have out badges to show what we did at one time here. I feel something should be done so that all peoples efforts were not wasted here on this site ioi.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Well the old database is gone and when you try to get to it you get gamewise.

My question is why not use all of the old database information? All the screenshots seem to be gone, synopsis, critic reviews, cheats, walkthroughs, etc. What was the point of that? All that work totally lost! Why did we even waste our time? At least keep it accessible so that we can use the information from it. Why make everything so difficult? Why take away what many worked on for years? Kind of a HUGE slap in the face. Well folks, you built the Panama canal, now go and do it again because we are not going to use this one except for certain parts that we will use here and there.


I guess we still have out badges to show what we did at one time here. I feel something should be done so that all peoples efforts were not wasted here on this site ioi.


On the staff forums, (well I'm not sure if it was the staff forums, or here), somebody said not to upload screenshots becaue of a glitch in the system. Stuff like critic reviews don't seem to be on Gamewise at all, so they're probably doing away with that. Walkthroughs are there, and cheats are there (even though nobody's uploading any). They are probably still transfereing stuff over (which would explain why they haven't unlocked the DB on here yet). 



Well they should transfer screenshots, synopsis, cheats, and critic reviews with the ability to use any site for a review. Metacritic has a weird system. Then mods can just decide what sites are added.

I am sure there is plenty of work left to do. Just something I would eventually want. Wish list.



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter

spurgeonryan said:
Well they should transfer screenshots, synopsis, cheats, and critic reviews with the ability to use any site for a review. Metacritic has a weird system. Then mods can just decide what sites are added.

I am sure there is plenty of work left to do. Just something I would eventually want. Wish list.

I can see screenshots, but I don't know about critic reviews. I still think there's a few things that should be added to every page (like with Walkthrough and Cheats), though.



Around the Network
MasterVG71782 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well they should transfer screenshots, synopsis, cheats, and critic reviews with the ability to use any site for a review. Metacritic has a weird system. Then mods can just decide what sites are added.

I am sure there is plenty of work left to do. Just something I would eventually want. Wish list.

I can see screenshots, but I don't know about critic reviews. I still think there's a few things that should be added to every page (like with Walkthrough and Cheats), though.

Critic reviews aren't there. Walkthroughs and Cheats are there, there just aren't very many listed. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are MW3 and Black Ops. 



IamAwsome said:
MasterVG71782 said:
spurgeonryan said:
Well they should transfer screenshots, synopsis, cheats, and critic reviews with the ability to use any site for a review. Metacritic has a weird system. Then mods can just decide what sites are added.

I am sure there is plenty of work left to do. Just something I would eventually want. Wish list.

I can see screenshots, but I don't know about critic reviews. I still think there's a few things that should be added to every page (like with Walkthrough and Cheats), though.

Critic reviews aren't there. Walkthroughs and Cheats are there, there just aren't very many listed. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are MW3 and Black Ops. 

I meant there should be some more default sections for a game, like how every game has a Walkthrough, Cheats, Overview, etc. Of course, it might be fine as it is right now, since we can add new sections whenever we want.



Ah, now I remember the one thing that should be added to the default game pages...Controls.



ioi said:
JEMC said:
Since I don't know where to ask this, I'll do it here: If I find a game from which I know, for example, characters or release dates, how do I submit that info?

I mean, I click the "Edit this game" button that takes me to the "Outline", and other options like "Walkthrough", "Achievements" and "Cheats", but what about characters and dates?

Or do I have to be a "Trusted Contributor" to do that?

Yes, only trusted contributors can edit stuff like that at the moment. If any VGChartz guys wanna be bumped up to that status then let me know - the idea really at this stage is to keep the spammers at bay.

Any chance I can get the "trusted contributor" status? I'm not a good writer (English isn't my first language) and I think I would do a much better job adding release dates and boxarts. I would, however, still understand if you reject my request since I haven't contributed anything to this site for months, and probably wouldn't contribute to Gamewise as much as I used to here.

By the way, I can't sign in on Gamewise. I tried reseting my password, but with no results. Didn't recieve an e-mail.  EDIT: Nevermind.



FabGS! You should have the same account there that you do here.


Anyone here from pbroy or starbruin?



    The NINTENDO PACT 2015[2016  Vgchartz Wii U Achievement League! - Sign up now!                      My T.E.C.H'aracter