Quantcast
Sony's Q3 FY2011 Earnings (2 billion loss - 6.5m PS3 / 2.4m PSP / 0.9m PS2)

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony's Q3 FY2011 Earnings (2 billion loss - 6.5m PS3 / 2.4m PSP / 0.9m PS2)

pezus said:
Hyruken said:
So what are we thinking then ps3 over-tracked by about 500k or so on here then? Haven't looked at the vgc numbers so haven't a clue.

On another note was in Morrisons (UK supermarket) and they had massive discount on the ps3's. 160gb for £150. That is cheaper then the 360. Never thought we would see that day.

Nope, PS3 probably spot on. 1.7m on shelves, more than they had last year on shelves.

Where are you getting the 1.7m on shelves by the end of 2011?

Sony shipped 14.1 million consoles this year -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139492&page=1  and Vgchartz has them selling 14.059 million consoles in 2011 -- http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

Unless the shipment figure that sales gave for the PS3 is wrong and they actually shipped 15.76 million consoles in 2011.



Around the Network
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
So what are we thinking then ps3 over-tracked by about 500k or so on here then? Haven't looked at the vgc numbers so haven't a clue.

On another note was in Morrisons (UK supermarket) and they had massive discount on the ps3's. 160gb for £150. That is cheaper then the 360. Never thought we would see that day.

Nope, PS3 probably spot on. 1.7m on shelves, more than they had last year on shelves.

Where are you getting the 1.7m on shelves by the end of 2011?

Sony shipped 14.1 million consoles this year -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139492&page=1  and Vgchartz has them selling 14.059 million consoles in 2011 -- http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

Unless the shipment figure that sales gave for the PS3 is wrong and they actually shipped 15.76 million consoles in 2011.

Sales and Shipments arnt contained to years, we have 1.7 on shelves compared to lifetime shipments.



 

So is the ps4 and vita gonna be cut?



Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
So what are we thinking then ps3 over-tracked by about 500k or so on here then? Haven't looked at the vgc numbers so haven't a clue.

On another note was in Morrisons (UK supermarket) and they had massive discount on the ps3's. 160gb for £150. That is cheaper then the 360. Never thought we would see that day.

Nope, PS3 probably spot on. 1.7m on shelves, more than they had last year on shelves.

Where are you getting the 1.7m on shelves by the end of 2011?

Sony shipped 14.1 million consoles this year -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139492&page=1  and Vgchartz has them selling 14.059 million consoles in 2011 -- http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

Unless the shipment figure that sales gave for the PS3 is wrong and they actually shipped 15.76 million consoles in 2011.

Sales and Shipments arnt contained to years, we have 1.7 on shelves compared to lifetime shipments.

Well that's just a stupid and rather confusing way to go about it.



yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
So what are we thinking then ps3 over-tracked by about 500k or so on here then? Haven't looked at the vgc numbers so haven't a clue.

On another note was in Morrisons (UK supermarket) and they had massive discount on the ps3's. 160gb for £150. That is cheaper then the 360. Never thought we would see that day.

Nope, PS3 probably spot on. 1.7m on shelves, more than they had last year on shelves.

Where are you getting the 1.7m on shelves by the end of 2011?

Sony shipped 14.1 million consoles this year -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139492&page=1  and Vgchartz has them selling 14.059 million consoles in 2011 -- http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

Unless the shipment figure that sales gave for the PS3 is wrong and they actually shipped 15.76 million consoles in 2011.

Sales and Shipments arnt contained to years, we have 1.7 on shelves compared to lifetime shipments.

Well that's just a stupid and rather confusing way to go about it.

Not really, it's the most logical ... sales in Q1 2011 are going to come from some shipments from late 2010. Same for the end of the year.

It's also how we've always worked out what's on shelves here.



 

Around the Network

Updated table...

CONSOLE HW SHIPPED  HW SALES  HW ON SHELVES SW SHIPPED SW SALES SW ON SHELVES SHIPPED RATIO SALES RATIO
Wii 94.97 94.32 0.65 805.15 763.78 41.37 8.48 8.10
DS 151.06 151.06 0.00 890.69 715.06 175.63 5.90 4.73
3DS 15.03 14.51 0.52 37.46 29.06 8.40 2.49 2.00
360 65.80 63.73 2.07 - 595.20 - -
PS3 62.00 60.32 1.68 568.10 504.38 63.72 9.16 8.36
PSP 75.40 72.67 2.73 324.10 255.62 68.48 4.30 3.52
PS2 154.40 - - 1,528.90 - - 9.90 -

 



yo_john117 said:
Seece said:
yo_john117 said:
pezus said:
Hyruken said:
So what are we thinking then ps3 over-tracked by about 500k or so on here then? Haven't looked at the vgc numbers so haven't a clue.

On another note was in Morrisons (UK supermarket) and they had massive discount on the ps3's. 160gb for £150. That is cheaper then the 360. Never thought we would see that day.

Nope, PS3 probably spot on. 1.7m on shelves, more than they had last year on shelves.

Where are you getting the 1.7m on shelves by the end of 2011?

Sony shipped 14.1 million consoles this year -- http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=139492&page=1  and Vgchartz has them selling 14.059 million consoles in 2011 -- http://www.vgchartz.com/yearly/2011/Global/

Unless the shipment figure that sales gave for the PS3 is wrong and they actually shipped 15.76 million consoles in 2011.

Sales and Shipments arnt contained to years, we have 1.7 on shelves compared to lifetime shipments.

Well that's just a stupid and rather confusing way to go about it.

lol that's just more logical.

Period x company shipped lifetime yy.yy and VGC shows lifetime sales zz.zz for the same period x... so on shelves =  yy.yy - xx.xx.

For PS3.

62.00 (shipped) -  60.32 (sales) = 1.68 on shelves

If you just use the year sales... you just forgot the units on shelves of the previous year.



this is really sad because if sony had the cash and earnings that apple or microsoft had they would pump out sooo much more games and products. there not a pack of jews that just save and have lots of cash lying around. they would prbably open up a whole lot more studios for more exclusives.



I'm glad I'm not in Hirai's boots...



yum123 said:
this is really sad because if sony had the cash and earnings that apple or microsoft had they would pump out sooo much more games and products. there not a pack of jews that just save and have lots of cash lying around. they would prbably open up a whole lot more studios for more exclusives.

Well Microsoft has been opening shitloads of Studios but i dont see any games from them so... i doubt Sony would open much more since they already have alot.