Quantcast
Jaffe tells Racists "I Don't Want Your Money"

Forums - Sony Discussion - Jaffe tells Racists "I Don't Want Your Money"

Dgc1808 said:
Xxain said:
I dont want to watch this video... whats the motivation in him saying that.

Jaffe thinks Hip Hop Gamer's a cool guy. He mainly says this because of the enthusiasm he has about the industry. Hip Hop gamer also happens to be a big Twisted Metal fan and made a song about the game which Jaffe and the studio thought was cool.

Appearantly he's been getting a lot of comments about it, complaints about Mr Grimm (star of the most recent trailer) being openly black, and complaints about the 2 rap songs on the Twisted Metal sound track.

Basically Jaffe says that the game supports custom soundtracks and if you're not a fan of Hip Hop or you don't think that it fits the twisted metal style, that's cool and dandy. That you as well as everyone else is entitled to an opinion. Then he goes on to the blatant racist and says that it's basically not cool, he can't believe it's still so strong in this day and age. He also says at the end that if the game does well, and his studio gets a bonus check, anyone that buys the game and is racist, just let him know. He'll donate a portion of his bonus check to charity because he doesn't want their money.

It wasn't a bad video in my opinion. A pretty strong message at the end but he doesn't throw any insults or any random unnessacery profanity or anything of that sort.



respect points for Jaffe then, reminds me of when the new spider-Man was announced to black( mixed really).. about the Mr Grimm Character has he not always been black?

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Dgc1808 said:
Xxain said:
I dont want to watch this video... whats the motivation in him saying that.

Jaffe thinks Hip Hop Gamer's a cool guy. He mainly says this because of the enthusiasm he has about the industry. Hip Hop gamer also happens to be a big Twisted Metal fan and made a song about the game which Jaffe and the studio thought was cool.

Appearantly he's been getting a lot of comments about it, complaints about Mr Grimm (star of the most recent trailer) being openly black, and complaints about the 2 rap songs on the Twisted Metal sound track.

Basically Jaffe says that the game supports custom soundtracks and if you're not a fan of Hip Hop or you don't think that it fits the twisted metal style, that's cool and dandy. That you as well as everyone else is entitled to an opinion. Then he goes on to the blatant racist and says that it's basically not cool, he can't believe it's still so strong in this day and age. He also says at the end that if the game does well, and his studio gets a bonus check, anyone that buys the game and is racist, just let him know. He'll donate a portion of his bonus check to charity because he doesn't want their money.

It wasn't a bad video in my opinion. A pretty strong message at the end but he doesn't throw any insults or any random unnessacery profanity or anything of that sort.



respect points for Jaffe then, reminds me of when the new spider-Man was announced to black( mixed really).. about the Mr Grimm Character has he not always been black?


Possibly but Not really. In the past games he was the grim reaper. He's been dark skinned and wearing some sort of tight (what looked like) leather mask, he's also been portraid to be a body with a skull for a head in some of the games (like ghost rider without the flames). I believe there was a case where he had somewhat of a bulky dark  skinned pinhead (from the hellraiser series) look. With the game being more grounded in reality and going for live-action cutscenes, he's now a black guy with locks and skull face paint.

EDIT: My mistake. He's never been dark skinned and leather faced. I was mixing him up with someone else. He's always been bones (except in black where he was white and wore a mask made of his friend's skull) and in the few instances that suggested him with flesh, he was white.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Grimm



4 ≈ One

David Jaffe is the mutha fuckin man I haven't payed much attention to this guy because I only play xbox and duh he doesn't make games for xbox but it's true being a racist is so dumb and I'm glad he came out and said this.

Whoever don't like what I just said, I don't care.

and yes I am black.

Shout out to hiphopgamer one of my personal friends.


Wow David Jaffe wow just wow.



Dgc1808 said:


EDIT: My mistake. He's never been dark skinned and leather faced. I was mixing him up with someone else. He's always been bones (except in black where he was white and wore a mask made of his friend's skull) and in the few instances that suggested him with flesh, he was white.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Grimm


Then it's quite understandable why some fans would be pissed.

They changed a characters ethnicity with no explanation, 7 games into the series? 



A thing of beauty, strength, and grace lies behind that whiskered face.

Dallinor said:
Dgc1808 said:


EDIT: My mistake. He's never been dark skinned and leather faced. I was mixing him up with someone else. He's always been bones (except in black where he was white and wore a mask made of his friend's skull) and in the few instances that suggested him with flesh, he was white.

http://twistedmetal.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Grimm


Then it's quite understandable why some fans would be pissed.

They changed a characters ethnicity with no explanation, 7 games into the series? 

This up coming twisted metal is a complete reboot starting from scratch when it comes to story, though. Similar to how TM:Black in 2001 just sorta ignored the past games. (It was the only game where Mr. Grimm was human before this upcoming TM, and something tells me not many people complained back then when TM was much more familiar.) Mr. Grimm is nothing like the Grimm of old. He's not the grim reaper anymore or an ex-soldier turned cannible.  He's got a completely new story and motive. He's pretty much a new character. I guess it's all debatable though.

Jaffe does say that he can understand that some fans would be disappointed that Grim isn't the ex-Soldier wearing a skull mask character that he was in Twisted Metal: Black, though. So he's not really talking to the people that have that legitamite reason to be disappointed. He's talking strictly to the ones that are just being racist about it.



4 ≈ One

Around the Network

I love Jaffe's philosphy towards gaming, that games should be games and not interactive movies. Especially as he is the creator of God of War, a cinematic game, and yet he has the integrity to distance himself from that type of game and constantly preach about the importance of focus on gameplay (not saying gameplay is weak in God of War, they're superb games, but they have a strong cinematic design).



Seriously, that guy needs to either lay off of the coke or hang out with Quentin Tarantino.

One or the other...



Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

if anyone was wondering why i didn't comment, it's because i didn't want to drive anyones opinion as the op, but this site is filled strong minded people whom can't be swayed.

in short, i find David's stance admirable.