Quantcast
Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Xbox 360 First-Party 'Has Been Superior' to PS3, Wii, says Microsoft

He really shouldn't lie. I mean, he could just say they're better, which would be too subjective to argue. Or he could say they sell more than Sony, which would be more or less fact. But mentioning "sales", "competition" and "first party" in the same sentence when they're competing with Nintendo is just setting themselves for embarrassment.



 

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:

I didn't say graphics make a game better, but I'm just saying when a game is on the ps3,360, and PC like Crysis 2 the PC version almost always runs better and looks better. Trust me I'm not a graphic whore and I know graphics cannot replace great gameplay or story. 


But you did imply that the game was 'better'  because it was on the PC, and the PC had better performance.  you may not think that and I humor the idea that it was just a bad wording. you definitely did imply it though :P



I got it all, baby! 

PS4, Switch, WiiU, XBO, PC
Vita, 3DS, Android

Top 3 this generation: 
Bloodborne, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Dark Souls III

smroadkill15 said:
angelsaremyplaything said:
smroadkill15 said:
angelsaremyplaything said:
adonismens said:

I really don't think so because PS3 and Xbox 360 had always been the same. Only PC is always superior when it comes to power and high end graphics... Am i not right guys?

No you are not, the draw distance on open world ps3 exclusives compared to open world 360 games tells the story, and pc doesn't get many good games besides from console ports so who cares if the ones it does get are 1028p instead of whatever consoles run at, honestly I don't notice 

LOL Your disregard for PC shows how much you know. PC has arguably the best games released this year and when a game is multiplats, say Crysis 2 it's hands down the best looking and most smooth running version of the bunch. Even before the DX11 update for Crysis 2 smoked the 360 and ps3 version out of the water. You shouldn't try to argue about something you don't know.     

Besides Starcraft 2 and maybe the dark desent what does pc have? and Crysis 2 is a game where AI is running into walls, it's a crappy game that looks amazing in other words something I have no interest in, pc games just push graphics, ps3 exclusives are the only one using the tech to advance gameplay, even if it's minor in most cases, pc and 360 aren't doing it at all, all the devs/publsihers screaming for new consoles just push graphics and sell on the "ooo shiny" factor which is way too sucessful stratagy in my opinion 

Games that have just released this year on PC would be Shogun 2, Witcher 2, Frozen Synapse, Amnesia DD, Rift, Terraria, World of Tanks, Fable 3, Darkest Hour and I could name 10 more if I wanted. The point is you disregarded PC games when you know nothing about them or even what has released this year.   

Okay I didn't even look them up yet and I know some of those are on or coming to consoles, after looking them up none of them seem particularly good and are mostly just tacticle turn based games which pc is the only option for... none of them strike me as a contender for best games avaliable or even above average...



smroadkill15 said:
Runa216 said:
smroadkill15 said:
angelsaremyplaything said:
adonismens said:

I really don't think so because PS3 and Xbox 360 had always been the same. Only PC is always superior when it comes to power and high end graphics... Am i not right guys?

No you are not, the draw distance on open world ps3 exclusives compared to open world 360 games tells the story, and pc doesn't get many good games besides from console ports so who cares if the ones it does get are 1028p instead of whatever consoles run at, honestly I don't notice 

LOL Your disregard for PC shows how much you know. PC has arguably the best games released this year and when a game is multiplats, say Crysis 2 it's hands down the best looking and most smooth running version of the bunch. Even before the DX11 update for Crysis 2 smoked the 360 and ps3 version out of the water. You shouldn't try to argue about something you don't know.     

and you shouldn't try arguing that performance magically makes a game 'better'.  or that it matters so much. If performance mattered to most gamers the world over, PC would be smoking all consoles and the Wii/DS would easily be the least selling and least loved of the modern generation.  In fact, Wii has pretty much singlehandedly proven that as long as you have an interesting idea, people will love it regardless of the system specs. 

I can't quite understand where the gaming went from fun factor to performance/graphics...

I didn't say graphics make a game better, but I'm just saying when a game is on the ps3,360, and PC like Crysis 2 the PC version almost always runs better and looks better. Trust me I'm not a graphic whore and I know graphics cannot replace great gameplay or story. 

More often then not the pc version is worse, you know why, because people don't have pcs they can play on max settings or even equal to consoles 



I gotta know what angelsaremyplaytihing is saying, that is too much removals for me not to be curious, can someone give me the gist of it??



Around the Network

And I'm the hottest bear in the whole world. Saying something doesn't make it so.



 

 

 

 

 

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not true dude. Sony has been destroying Microsoft all year. 

Maybe, and Micrsoft destroyed Sony in from March 2010 to February 2011 and from the looks of it, Now onwards to the end of 2011. Ups and downs, you can't just carve out a period without looking at the whole picture.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft hasn't released a AAA exclusive all year, let alone first party.

Neither has Sony unless you include LBP2, which is officially multiplatform. I know you can't be referring to Motorstorm, Socom, KZ3 and Infamous 2 as these are not AAA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

 We're talking about first party here.

Gears of War is first party, as confirmed by Microsoft and CliffyB



Microsoft is starting to sound a lot like Sony.



mendozahotness said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Not true dude. Sony has been destroying Microsoft all year. 

Maybe, and Micrsoft destroyed Sony in from March 2010 to February 2011 and from the looks of it, Now onwards to the end of 2011. Ups and downs, you can't just carve out a period without looking at the whole picture.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Microsoft hasn't released a AAA exclusive all year, let alone first party.

Neither has Sony unless you include LBP2, which is officially multiplatform. I know you can't be referring to Motorstorm, Socom, KZ3 and Infamous 2 as these are not AAA.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

 We're talking about first party here.

Gears of War is first party, as confirmed by Microsoft and CliffyB

i dont know why im even commenting on your nonsensical dribble. but...

what other platform would LBP2 happen to be on. answer. none. and how arent games like KZ3 and inFAMOUS 2 not AAA

also Gears of War is an IP owned by Epic Games, made by EPIC GAMEs (a studio not owned by Microsoft). in no way is it first party



haxxiy said:
And I'm the hottest bear in the whole world. Saying something doesn't make it so.

I'll show you something then..

Can you make as much heat as him?



Former something....