Quantcast
Silent Hill HD Collection to be PS3 exclusive

Forums - Sony Discussion - Silent Hill HD Collection to be PS3 exclusive

Tagged games:

CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
No Silent Hill 4?! and Konami has the balls to call it a "collection". What BS.

I already own 2,3,4 so this collection is pretty much useless to me. Pass.

No true SH fan can pass it up (unless they're broke of course)

I'm a true Silent Hill fan and I still call BS on this collection. I mean seriously, reworked voice-work?! Screw that, The originals were great(okay not so much from Harry in SH4). What the hell Konami...



Around the Network
Packie said:
CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
No Silent Hill 4?! and Konami has the balls to call it a "collection". What BS.

I already own 2,3,4 so this collection is pretty much useless to me. Pass.

No true SH fan can pass it up (unless they're broke of course)

I'm a true Silent Hill fan and I still call BS on this collection. I mean seriously, reworked voice-work?! Screw that, The originals were great(okay not so much from Harry in SH4). What the hell Konami...

I meant the "true SH fan" bit as a joke, hence the

I agree on the voice work (as does James Sunderland's original voice actor). Wonder why they're changing them (they don't explain).



                                                                                                                                            

CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
No Silent Hill 4?! and Konami has the balls to call it a "collection". What BS.

I already own 2,3,4 so this collection is pretty much useless to me. Pass.

No true SH fan can pass it up (unless they're broke of course)

I'm a true Silent Hill fan and I still call BS on this collection. I mean seriously, reworked voice-work?! Screw that, The originals were great(okay not so much from Harry in SH4). What the hell Konami...

I meant the "true SH fan" bit as a joke, hence the

I agree on the voice work (as does James Sunderland's original voice actor). Wonder why they're changing them (they don't explain).

Maybe to record in high quality... that's the only explanation I can see.



Metal Gear Solid HD collection - Not exclusive.

Silent Hill HD collection - Exclusive.

Way to be awkward Konami, it should be the other way around. xD

Still looking forward to both anyway.



CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
CGI-Quality said:
Packie said:
No Silent Hill 4?! and Konami has the balls to call it a "collection". What BS.

I already own 2,3,4 so this collection is pretty much useless to me. Pass.

No true SH fan can pass it up (unless they're broke of course)

I'm a true Silent Hill fan and I still call BS on this collection. I mean seriously, reworked voice-work?! Screw that, The originals were great(okay not so much from Harry in SH4). What the hell Konami...

I meant the "true SH fan" bit as a joke, hence the

I agree on the voice work (as does James Sunderland's original voice actor). Wonder why they're changing them (they don't explain).

Sorry for the sudden outburst then.

I'm still confused at the exclusivity, SH2 had an XBOX port and SH3 was also released on the PC. You're not making sense Konami...



Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
CGI-Quality said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:


Sorry, I am really sleepy now. What am I trying to say is: The post I made was not meant for you it's for mad hatter ( boutros). I just forgot to put "I would like to add also" on my previous post so you can avoid the confusion. 

SH 2 and SH 4 are still related is a response to your previous post. There you go. 

James Sunderland's story has nothing to do with Henry Townsend's. They only mention how Walter killed someone in SH2, nothing more. You don't need SH2 in any way to understand the story of SH4, unlike SH3 from the original. There you go.


Yup!  I know that those two have different stories. I am just saying they are still linked to each other.   

How are they linked though? You've yet to explain that. Just because Walter is mentioned in SH2 doesn't mean they are linked. Alessa is mentioned in Homecoming, but Homecoming isn't linked to SH1 at all. They have no relation.


I think we are not on the same page here. I am arguing about the link between 2 and 4 not the link in the story itself because those 2 have different stories and just like you said the father of James is in SH4 and the Janitor of the apt where Henry lives in. He is also the one who brought Walter to the hospital and kept his umbilical cord. Rachel was mentioned in SH 4 which is the nurse of of both Laura and Mary Sunderland so to put it shortly SH 2 and 4 are both on the same universe hence the connection. 

I am really sorry if am not been very clear from the very start and I am sorry for not using the proper words to explain myself better.



Perhaps all of the exclusivity has something to do with Disc space.



4 ≈ One

CGI-Quality said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Are Silent Hill games related one another?

Only 1 & 3. 2 and 3 are completely different stories.


SH2 and SH 4 is related to each other actually. You can read a lot of info about Sullivan in SH 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuFO1s56PoU

SH origin and 1 are also related.

SH4's story has nothing to do with SH2's though. You only hear about Sullivan in SH2 through newspaper articles and letters, but his story has no connection to James Sunderland's at all (in fact, James's father is the janitor in SH4, nothing more). The only reason it's a bummer that they left out The Room from the HD collection is because it's one of the last true SH titles from a good deal of Team Silent, not because it has any relation to SH2. If anyone would know that, it would be me.

As far as Origins and the original go, I didn't say they didn't have any relation. They just aren't needed for the collection.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did you just say that James father was just a janitor and nothing more.  While he doesn't appear too often in the game, he did play a pretty big part in the whole Sullivan story.  He was the one who found Walter when his parents abandoned him AND he, very creepily, kept Walter's umbilical cord. 

Anyway, I do agree with you that SH4 does not suck.  I'd have to say it comes in a very close 3rd, just behind SH2, as my fave Silent Hill.



thismeintiel said:
CGI-Quality said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:
CGI-Quality said:
Boutros said:
Are Silent Hill games related one another?

Only 1 & 3. 2 and 3 are completely different stories.


SH2 and SH 4 is related to each other actually. You can read a lot of info about Sullivan in SH 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuFO1s56PoU

SH origin and 1 are also related.

SH4's story has nothing to do with SH2's though. You only hear about Sullivan in SH2 through newspaper articles and letters, but his story has no connection to James Sunderland's at all (in fact, James's father is the janitor in SH4, nothing more). The only reason it's a bummer that they left out The Room from the HD collection is because it's one of the last true SH titles from a good deal of Team Silent, not because it has any relation to SH2. If anyone would know that, it would be me.

As far as Origins and the original go, I didn't say they didn't have any relation. They just aren't needed for the collection.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Did you just say that James father was just a janitor and nothing more.  While he doesn't appear too often in the game, he did play a pretty big part in the whole Sullivan story.  He was the one who found Walter when his parents abandoned him AND he, very creepily, kept Walter's umbilical cord. 

Anyway, I do agree with you that SH4 does not suck.  I'd have to say it comes in a very close 3rd, just behind SH2, as my fave Silent Hill.

I meant he played no substanital role in the realm of Silent Hill. Yes, he held on to the umbilical cord (for the reasosn of protecting young Walter Sullivan), but again, the relation to SH2 in SH4 is quite minimal.



                                                                                                                                            

NoCtiS_NoX said:
CGI-Quality said:
NoCtiS_NoX said:


Sorry, I am really sleepy now. What am I trying to say is: The post I made was not meant for you it's for mad hatter ( boutros). I just forgot to put "I would like to add also" on my previous post so you can avoid the confusion. 

SH 2 and SH 4 are still related is a response to your previous post. There you go. 

James Sunderland's story has nothing to do with Henry Townsend's. They only mention how Walter killed someone in SH2, nothing more. You don't need SH2 in any way to understand the story of SH4, unlike SH3 from the original. There you go.


Yup!  I know that those two have different stories. I am just saying they are still linked to each other.  

Or maybe it was included as a fan tribute/easter egg? It doesn't affect the storyline whatsoever, hence why they're not linked. Now if James himself made an appearance or the sort, then we definitely say they're linked.



Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!