Quantcast
Years of not wanting a Wii. Now i got one. Recommend some good games please

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Years of not wanting a Wii. Now i got one. Recommend some good games please

My favorite third-party games:

Red Steel 2
Lame story and mission designs, but frickin' awesome sword-fighting mechanics. And pretty.

Trauma Center
Tons of fun, if you're up for a challenge. Also a good example of a game that can only work well on Wii (and DS).

Pro Evolution Soccer
I've played several soccer games over the years, but PES on Wii is easily my favorite way to play. Pointer controls FTW.

Zack & Wiki
If you like traditional point-and-click adventures, are up for a challenge, and can stand the cutesy art style, go for it. If not, avoid.

And my favorite first-party games (need no explanations):

Metroid Prime Trilogy/3
Punch Out
Mario Kart Wii
NPC Pikmin
WarioWare



Around the Network

Wii fit and RE4 are the only games on wii you should get, in my opinion.



Conegamer said:

 Underlined are below £10

 

  • Super Mario Galaxy
  • Mario Kart Wii
  • Fire Emblem- Radiant Dawn
  • Okami

Where? I smell a nice profit. :D



Metroid Prime 3. 



________________________________________________________________

Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

 Underlined are below £15 

 


Where? I smell a nice profit. :D

I have inserted hyperlinks to find where they can be brought online for under £15. However, going into a store like Gamesation and the prices vary dramatically (for example, Okami only £5, yet Galaxy is £25). FE was the biggest surprise and gave me the best CPH ratio, only 6p per hour at that price. Then Mario Kart at 7p, Okami at 9p and finally Galaxy also at 9p

Most Wii games are under £20, if you look in the right places. Heck, even Conduit 2 new was only £20 in Gamestation...



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

-(if you haven't got a Gamecube before) 1st. Metroid Prime Trilogy

2nd. Donkey Kong Country Returns- 2D platforming at best; New Super Mario Bros Wii if you want something easier.

3rd. Super Mario Galaxy 1/2- 3D platforming

For multiplayer: Mario Kart Wii & Super Smash Bros Brawl

Don't miss Zelda: Twilight Princess and Monster Hunter Tri

Other games I can suggest are Metroid: Other M , Silent Hill: Shattered Memories , Muramasa: The Dragonblade , Sin & Punishment 2 , Tatsunoko VS Capcom , Punch-out , Red Steel 2.

And if for some reason you haven't played those yet Resident Evil 4 and Okami are must-buy.

 



DKCR - The best non HD game this gen and the best Wii game and best Nintendo game since SNES

SMG1/2 - Close to perfect platformers

Super Smash Bros Brawl - Fun game when you have more than 1 person playing at your house or cave



All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

 Underlined are below £15 

 


Where? I smell a nice profit. :D

I have inserted hyperlinks to find where they can be brought online for under £15. However, going into a store like Gamesation and the prices vary dramatically (for example, Okami only £5, yet Galaxy is £25). FE was the biggest surprise and gave me the best CPH ratio, only 6p per hour at that price. Then Mario Kart at 7p, Okami at 9p and finally Galaxy also at 9p

Most Wii games are under £20, if you look in the right places. Heck, even Conduit 2 new was only £20 in Gamestation...

Not below 10£, except for okami. :P



Antabus said:
Conegamer said:
Antabus said:
Conegamer said:

 Underlined are below £15 

 


Where? I smell a nice profit. :D

I have inserted hyperlinks to find where they can be brought online for under £15. However, going into a store like Gamesation and the prices vary dramatically (for example, Okami only £5, yet Galaxy is £25). FE was the biggest surprise and gave me the best CPH ratio, only 6p per hour at that price. Then Mario Kart at 7p, Okami at 9p and finally Galaxy also at 9p

Most Wii games are under £20, if you look in the right places. Heck, even Conduit 2 new was only £20 in Gamestation...

Not below 10£, except for okami. :P

And Fire Emblem :P

But the others are under £15, which is still a bargin. And look around the high strret and you;ll see MK for £9.99



 

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Conegamer said:
Antabus said:

Not below 10£, except for okami. :P

And Fire Emblem :P

But the others are under £15, which is still a bargin. And look around the high strret and you;ll see MK for £9.99

Actually FE was a preowned copy which were on sale some day... it was linked to gamestation and there is no copies of FE available. :P