Quantcast
Locked: 3DS “Causes Mass Eye Pain” “Needs 15m Break Every 30m”

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 3DS “Causes Mass Eye Pain” “Needs 15m Break Every 30m”

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/02/26/3ds-causes-mass-eye-pain-needs-15m-break-every-30m/

^website NSFW

3DS “Causes Mass Eye Pain” “Needs 15m Break Every 30m”

Nintendo’s much anticipated 3DS has been launched, but the reception is proving mixed – a great many users are reporting using the 3D mode for any length of time hurts their eyes, whilst Nintendo has issued an unprecedented advisory to “take a 15 minute break every 30 minutes of 3D play.”

Some 3DS players report eye strain in as little as 5 minutes of play, and there arehttp://jin115.com/archives/51756523.html">a great many such reports. Just what size proportion of players is actually experiencing problems is as yet not clear, however. Nintendo fans will doubtless be hoping this is just a very vocal minority, as well it could be.

This is rather at odds with Nintendo’s official health advisory though – Nintendohttp://www.nintendo.co.jp/3ds/download/3dsmanual.pdf">urges a 10-15 minute break every hour for normal non-3D play, and an unheard of 10-15 minute break every 30 minutes for those using the 3D mode.

Whether sales will be as high as anticipated is also now a matter of some doubt – far from shops being left short on stock as with some other hit Nintendo hardware, Japanese buyers are http://jin115.com/archives/51756499.html">reporting no difficulty acquiring the 3DS at all. Whether this is merely a commendable supply situation or an actual lack of interest amongst buyers remains to be seen.

[Update: some stores in central Tokyo locations eventually did report running out of stock, although it appears the 3DS is still well stocked in most other locations - in the absence of statistical data it is hard to draw valid conclusions, although it is apparently by no means a bad launch...]

Having invested so much in its 3D display only to find the feature is painful andpotentially harmful to a seemingly significant portion of its customers may yet prove to be Nintendo’s undoing, although reports from those not experiencing actual pain are otherwise positive – not that the launch line-up is proving terribly tempting.

--------------------------

do you think this is isolated issues or could be more far reach? from what i understand you can turn down the 3d effect i cant see the point on having it at full anyway.

but with nintendo issuing a "take a break for 10-15mins every half an hour" defeats the object a bit as main attraction is glassless 3d

thought, sorry if posted couldnt find it anywhere on forums.



...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network

please there are the same warnings in tv manuals.

Most nintendo games even tell you to take a 15 minute break every half hour or hour.

I mean, I will give it a shot and see how it is, but I've never had any eye problems or fatigue or headaches from tv or games etc.



theprof00 said:

please there are the same warnings in tv manuals.

Most nintendo games even tell you to take a 15 minute break every half hour or hour.

I mean, I will give it a shot and see how it is, but I've never had any eye problems or fatigue or headaches from tv or games etc.


im gonna give it a shot also its been so long for a new pilotwings game



...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2011/02/26/3ds-causes-mass-eye-pain-needs-15m-break-every-30m/

^website NSFW

 

3DS “Causes Mass Eye Pain” “Needs 15m Break Every 30m”

 

Nintendo’s much anticipated 3DS has been launched, but the reception is proving mixed – a great many users are reporting using the 3D mode for any length of time hurts their eyes, whilst Nintendo has issued an unprecedented advisory to “take a 15 minute break every 30 minutes of 3D play.”

Some 3DS players report eye strain in as little as 5 minutes of play, and there are


 

Halo: "TOY! Oh, you're all right! I thought you were dead!"

Toy: "Don't be stupid. I've never been dead in my life!"

from:"The Complete Ballad Of Halo Jones" 

 



“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

Skeeuk said:
theprof00 said:

please there are the same warnings in tv manuals.

Most nintendo games even tell you to take a 15 minute break every half hour or hour.

I mean, I will give it a shot and see how it is, but I've never had any eye problems or fatigue or headaches from tv or games etc.


im gonna give it a shot also its been so long for a new pilotwings game

im pumped for new pilotwings myself. PW is like the main selling point for me lolol



Around the Network

Im glade theres the option to take off the 3d because Im not a fan

The last movie I watched in 3D was Toy Story3 and after about 30 minutes I had a headache and was constantly putting on/off the glasses the rest of the movie........so im not expecting anything different with 3ds but on the plus side you dont need goofy glasses



THe article is just a collection of tweets ... in fact 5 tweets



Sankaku Complex is known for hating on anything Nintendo.  The stuff they post is often grossly exaggerated, taken out of context, or outright lies.  You don't go to that site for the news. >_>



meh will be no problem for me and if there ever is i will just turn off the 3D no big deal!

 

AAhhh the thread has been raped!!



    R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(


Found the original source I was wrong it's 6 tweets:

http://jin115.com/archives/51756523.html

6 tweets = a mass.