By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your thoughts on Japan's hardware sale

I just can't wait anymore.  What do you guys think about the hardware sale in Japan!  XBOX360 beat PS3, I believe for the first time.  I know it won't last long but I'm glad to see this.

In fact, I don't even know why I'm so happy about this.

Wii is king in Japan. 

Around the Network

What about the software sales?
anyone know what they are in Japan?

Are you mentally slow? (no offense)

The ps3 just beat the wii in japan this week.. (confirmed by that chart tracker thing, on another forum it sold 36k first day vs wii's supposebly 32k).

360 sales stayed high though at 15 k!!!

mM

Oh yea as for software

Mario galaxy I think ended up with 40k in sales for its 2nd week.

Dynasty warriors 6 on the ps3 sold 230k

360 version sold a high 100k

And some other ps3 games ended up in the top 20. Huge comeback from last week.

mM

DS is king in Japan.

Every other console is kidding themselves.

Around the Network

I don't know how I missed it I was looking at the front page of this site.
360 is doing well still then.
Is PS3 surge temporary or Wii really slowing down?
Thanks for the update leo-j.

leo-j said:
Are you mentally slow? (no offense)

The ps3 just beat the wii in japan this week.. (confirmed by that chart tracker thing, on another forum it sold 36k first day vs wii's supposebly 32k).

360 sales stayed high though at 15 k!!!

Link?

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Yes Dear Leo, dost thou havest a Link to give us to this supposed rumor of PS3's victory?

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

Well I think something tragic is going on with wii sales.

It was at 40k(as you can see on the front page) in japan last week.
It only boosted some 15k with SMG release(people were expecting it to sell 200k)
SMG sold 230k first week which is impressive for any game, but week 2 only 40k!!! (that makes SMG a BOom?)

wii sales have dropped by 8k. So its starting to slow down again. The ps3 was impressive this week. Selling 36k vs wii at 32k.

No th 40gb came out, first day sales were 31k( 5k were normal ps3's) I expect next week sales may be anywhere from 40k-100k. Im aiming it to be at 50k. wii sales should hold if not drop off slightly to around 30k.

PS3 may be outselling every console in japan until the holidays were Wii may over take it.

360 sales should drop soon to around 8k.

mM

Leo-J they want a link.

I know the one you're thinking of but I can't remember the source very well.