By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Your thoughts on Japan's hardware sale

Tetsuo Shima said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Does Brain training actually make your brain younger?

You don't get my point. Wii-fit isn't fun. Brain Training is. Here is the difference. I'm shocked that people who always talk about fun and gameplay like this crappy idea... Weird. Not everything what Nintendo provides to you is sent from heaven.

and the games that are bomb....... you all know what im talking about. it looks like its headed that way anyway

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

Around the Network

@Avinash: You know, that there is also black 40Gb avalible in Japan, do you? There is little possiablity that 36k means 60Gb+40Gb versions becouse the statment in article isn't clear. But I think that from the context it should be assumed that they are talking about 40Gb.

@routsounmanman: Have you seen any other thread discussing last week sales in Japan? (although author wanted to discuss the previous week but it turned out to be a thread about last week). This is the week when Dynasty Wariors 5 (biggest PS3 game yet) and new PS3 model launched, so doesn't it deserve a thread? Do you go to every SMG thread asking why the author created it?

Tetsuo Shima said:
TheSource said:

Wii Fit I suspect will be a slow burner - mediocre debut due to cost - but see very little weekly change in sales as people become addicted to it.

I think Wii fit will ultimately fail in Japan. The reason is simply. Obesity isn't a problem there. US with massive weight problems is much more friendly ground for it. Also all idea of this device seems wrong to me. Why pay for some poor scale with pressure control? It's extremely restricted.

The hidden truth is you can train yoga even without it.

take two countries:

obese country: people are obese because they eat a lot and almost never move.

not obese country: people are not obese because they are very conscious about their weight, they eat healthy and little, they like to work out and enjoy excercise.

Question: where will WiiFit be more successful? Where its needed or where its wanted. You decide. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

@Faxanadu: Do you have any proff that Japanese are very conscious about their weight? A think that they aren't obese becouse of different eating habbits and lifestyle not consciouses about weight. This doesn't mean that I think WiiFit will do better in America. Obese people should train more but that doesn't mean that they actually train more (or will be willing to work on theirself with using WiiFit for example).

Faxanadu said:

take two countries:

obese country: people are obese because they eat a lot and almost never move.

not obese country: people are not obese because they are very conscious about their weight, they eat healthy and little, they like to work out and enjoy excercise.

Question: where will WiiFit be more successful? Where its needed or where its wanted. You decide.

Wii-fit will be more successful in US then in JP... also your impression about Japan is pretty off. It's not about being conscious or not. It's about nutrition habits and genes. Did you see obese Japanese? They don't eat little. Why such strange idea?

OMG ! I weight 56 kilograms ! I have to do something to stay fit... Yeah, I will pick Wii-Fit up !

Wii-fit is just poor made stepper. Nothing more. Tell me one good reason why should I buy a Wii-fit instead of nice Reebok stepper.

Around the Network

@kamil

Not if there are no credible numbers YET to judge (Media Create, VGchartz). What I see here is pure speculation with no facts. And I can assure you, I have no problem posting it in any thread.

@routsounmanman: There are preliminary numbers on vgchartz and there exist 2 articles which say something about PS3 numbers so it's not pure speculation but even if than what? It is normal here to predict future numbers of console/games sales.

Yes, it's quite normal and totally acceptable. What I'm fed up with, is doomsayers of each console, like this week where Dynasty Warriors sold excellently and SMG possibly didn't, and people say things like " PS3 domination starts " or " Wii sales are abysmal " and such. But you're propably right, if I don't like this, I shouldn't post on threads like these. I haven't slept for 30 hours and I'm a bit jumpy.

Tetsuo Shima said:
Avinash_Tyagi said:
Does Brain training actually make your brain younger?

You don't get my point. Wii-fit isn't fun. Brain Training is. Here is the difference. I'm shocked that people who always talk about fun and gameplay like this crappy idea... Weird. Not everything what Nintendo provides to you is sent from heaven.

Just because you don't consider it fun doesn't make it not fun

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

kamil said:
@Avinash: You know, that there is also black 40Gb avalible in Japan, do you? There is little possiablity that 36k means 60Gb+40Gb versions becouse the statment in article isn't clear. But I think that from the context it should be assumed that they are talking about 40Gb.

@routsounmanman: Have you seen any other thread discussing last week sales in Japan? (although author wanted to discuss the previous week but it turned out to be a thread about last week). This is the week when Dynasty Wariors 5 (biggest PS3 game yet) and new PS3 model launched, so doesn't it deserve a thread? Do you go to every SMG thread asking why the author created it?

Interestingly even with both of those things PS3 was only able to do like 37K in sales, now its shot off its big guns for the holiday

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)