By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN trolling galore! "All platforms sucks"

I actually thought it was a decent read. Something I've been stating for awhile. Wonder if I should sue IGN.

Makes a solid point. There are good and bad for all. Instead of using those as a way to play the superior/inferior game, why not just enjoy the good that makes us all gamers. It's funny though how they mention in here how asserting opinions as the truth has plagued these flame wars, when indeed over at IGN themselves this has been happening. I'm curious if maybe this editorial was written more to take on those other editorials along with the noble statement.

Around the Network

What I get from the whole article, is that the editor is apologizing for its previous trolling and stating:

"I am a gamer like you, my opinions are worth the same as yours, so quit the bitching and let me troll as much as I want"

I'm all for some good old-fashioned IGN bashing, but seriously TC, you're just making yourself look stupid here. They deserve flak for a lot of the shit they do, but this is absolutely harmless, and actually downright sensible.

I don't give IGN free hits.

I'd prefer it if when people quote IGN articles that they quote them in full and (ideally) don't provide a link, because I don't want to give them my hits.

That said, this particular one doesn't seem that bad. Although that doesn't excuse their previous 'work.' Who was this written by?

Around the Network
Snesboy said:

I was checking for No More Heroes 2 pal release date.

Then I saw a link to this.

And my morning changed.

Bamboleo said:
Snesboy said:

And my morning changed.

How?

Snesboy said:
Bamboleo said:
Snesboy said:

And my morning changed.

How?

He decided he needed to hate on a perfectly good article because of the website that posted it. Maybe the author struck a nerve?  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

lol, this thread made my day - more funny than rol threads ever can be, because this one is "serious"

Bamboleo said:
And my morning changed.

Also, I'm curious how this happened, because the release date page doesn't seem to have any such links, and when I tried to navigate to the release page -- never having been on the site's current incarnation that I recall -- it took me about one and a half seconds to find that part of the top menu and click it, never noticing anything other than my mission, let alone registering names of potentially interesting articles.  

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom!