By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exec: Gran Turismo 5 Launching “This Fall”

Supposedly all the physics will be available to all cars, the 170 premium cars will have interior damage as well, like the cockpit getting deformed.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Supposedly all the physics will be available to all cars, the 170 premium cars will have interior damage as well, like the cockpit getting deformed.

Great. I love it.

I wonder if these guys will make another GT for this gen, they usually do two in a gen right. But how can they justify a GT6 in the same gen when they already have so many new features in GT5.

OH geez just keeps getting pushed further back. But for fans of the series, as long as it comes out they'll be happy.

I'm wondering though if the release is more timed strategy wise rather than when it is done. Companies do that every now and then, at least on ones they know they can sell a lot of (games your not sure of, if you hold on to them they eat money during that time).

Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Great. I love it.

I wonder if these guys will make another GT for this gen, they usually do two in a gen right. But how can they justify a GT6 in the same gen when they already have so many new features in GT5.

I admit, I don't see them making another GT for this generation. Probably they'll set up the bases needed for a launch release on a next gen sony console, pretty much like they did with GT3, which released only one year after the PS2 release.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Great. I love it.

I admit, I don't see them making another GT for this generation. Probably they'll set up the bases needed for a launch release on a next gen sony console, pretty much like they did with GT3, which released only one year after the PS2 release.

GT6P should be a PS4 launch title and GT6 should release no more than one year later.

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Great. I love it.

That'd be awesome! GT6 as an early next gen game in 2014-15 or so, again with many development years behind it to assure an extremely high quality.

Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Great. I love it.

That'd be awesome! GT6 as an early next gen game in 2014-15 or so, again with many development years behind it to assure an extremely high quality.

Yep, but I don't see GT6 as an total revolution in the game mechanics like GT5 is shaping up to be in relation to it's predecessors, more like an evolution from what GT5 can accomplish. It will fit the development pattern from PD, the unneven GT's are the revolution in the mechanics, the even GT's are the evolution from those mechanics. 

GT5 is the one who promises too show the biggest amount of changes and revolutions to the GT formula, I'm just eager to see what KZ and his team can pull out. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:
Slimebeast said:
lestatdark said:

Great. I love it.

Yep, but I don't see GT6 as an total revolution in the game mechanics like GT5 is shaping up to be in relation to it's predecessors, more like an evolution from what GT5 can accomplish. It will fit the development pattern from PD, the unneven GT's are the revolution in the mechanics, the even GT's are the evolution from those mechanics. 

GT5 is the one who promises too show the biggest amount of changes and revolutions to the GT formula, I'm just eager to see what KZ and his team can pull out. 

I agree. KY said that to make a revolutionary GT they need at least 5 years. It is the same dev. time that GT1 taked to be maked. I even saw somewhere that until the GT4 they only improved the PSX Engine.

GT5 is a long-term project. Other GTs will be released soon after GT5 launches...

joshin69 said:
Attoyou
Im sorry but that just sounds like a spoilt brat having a tandrum to me. " I want it and i want it now or i will throw my toys out of the pram"

Why should I wait THIS Long then pay $60 For a game that probably wont be much better or better at all then whats already out ? (Forza3) Might as well Wait for Forza 4!

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

Why do tires screech so much in GT?

I've always wondered this...

4 ≈ One