By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nobuo Uematsu vs. Yasunori Mitsuda

Here is another song that Mitsuda composed that is also from Xenosaga: Episode 1

Around the Network
tehsage said:
Koji Kondo

/thread

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Also, any fans of Mitsuda's work should check out > http://xenogears.ocremix.org/ the OCRemix album, it's really well done.

dystopia said:
Khuutra said:
I'm not famliar with the whole bodies of work for either Uematsu or Mitsuda.

I'll tentatively say Uematsu, because no soundtrack I've ever heard - gaming or otherwise - has been as complete and consistently amazing and thematically consistent as the FF6 soundtrack.

You should pick up the Xenogears OST then, I love the FFVI soundtrack but Xenogears blows it out of the water.

Yeah this kind of hyperbole doesn't help my expectations at all

Last time I heard things this rock-solid sure it was about me being sure to think Yuri Lowell is the bestest hero in the genre if only I'd play Vesperia

@ Khuutra

........Yuri Lowell >>>>>>>>>>> Terra *hauls ass*

But seriously though, Xenogears' music is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! But, I guess you'll have to hear it for yourself before you can believe. That is why you should get Xenogears NOW!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
g-value said:
@ Khuutra

........Yuri Lowell >>>>>>>>>>> Terra *hauls ass*

But seriously though, Xenogears' music is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! But, I guess you'll have to hear it for yourself before you can believe. That is why you should get Xenogears NOW!!!!!!!!

This isn't helping convince me either

I have to admit I'll be really surprised if I think Xenogears's soundtrack is better than that of Chronon Trigger

Don't get me wrong, Chrono Trigger's soundtrack is pretty amazing, Mitsuda has a certain sound and it really comes through best with Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

dystopia said:
Don't get me wrong, Chrono Trigger's soundtrack is pretty amazing, Mitsuda has a certain sound and it really comes through best with Xenogears and Chrono Cross.

I actually prefer Trigger's OST to Cross's

@ Khuutra

I'm not trying to convince you at all really. I'll let Xenogears itself do all the convincing :) So get the game as soon as you can Khuutra.

@ dystopia

I'm with Khuutra on this one. Chrono Trigger's music was better then Chrono Cross.