By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Let's show the world their is a market for mature games on the Wii!!!

Just read that the studio responsible for the great game Cursed Mountain is getting shout down because of poor sales.  I admit, I have only become interested in some of these games.  This past two months, I have been playing Silent Hill Shattered Memories, Dead Space Extraction, Resident Evil 4 and House of the Dead Overkill.  Watching the sales of all these games, I can only say that I am worried.  Is Nintendo only for the casual gamer even I am sometimes?  I don't think so.  I really hope a lot of people will participate in this forum and show everybody that a lot of us love the more mature games on the Wii.  It's a great console for pinpoint accuracy and creativity.  So please, share your thoughts on the subjetc.  Thanks!

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

Around the Network

I like quality mature games on the Wii. Ones with a lot of value, good gameplay, controls, presentation, etc., and characteristics that haven't been covered by a dozen other games. These types of games generally do well on the Wii.

Resident Evil 4 was a FANTASTIC game and sold well on the Wii, even though it was already released on the Playstation 2 and Gamecube. See where I'm getting at? GOOD Mature games sell on the Wii.

No More Heroes is the greatest Rated M Series on the Wii!!!! At least, in my opinion :(

Odd. Future. Wolf. Gang. Kill. Em. All. OFWGKTA Don't give a fuck!

Fuck Steve Harvey. FREE EARL!

Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be the GREATEST game EVER made!!!

I'd take a bullet for Square-Enix! 

Ok! Resident Evil 4 did good. But I think Cursed Mountain and Shattered Memories are GOOD games. They should be pushed more in terms of marketing.

As for NO MOre Heroes, it's the next one on my list. The second one received great reviews.

Proud owner and supporter of the YAKUZA games!

In my opinion any mature gamer has a 360 or Playstation.

I mean 'cmon, mario? Thats a kids thing all the way. So Wii is for kids and casuals or just for people who like simple games. I dont expect mature to do very well on the Wii ever.

But thats just me.

Around the Network
StevenKreg said:

I mean 'cmon, mario? Thats a kids thing all the way. So Wii is for kids and casuals or just for people who like simple games. I dont expect mature to do very well on the Wii ever.

But thats just me.

Pray tell, what exactly is your definition of a mature gamer? Or indeed a mature game.

Most wii owners that buy mature games already have ps360.The only way for such a game to sell on the wii is to be really good with no buts.And with buts I mean:being on rails,being too small,being singleplayer only and many more things that all HD games have but developers forget to put them on wii games.

StevenKreg said:

But thats just me.

You won't last very long here with that attitude.

The Wii isn't my thing, but Nintendo's been making consoles 11 years longer than Sony, and 18 years longer than Microsoft. Many people who own the Wii are Nintendo fans who've been playing Nintendo games for 25 years.

Mario isn't kiddy. To begin with, Super Mario Bros. is one of the hardest games I have ever played. And it was one of the most advanced games of its time.

There isn't much of a market for M-rated games on Wii, judging by sales of M-rated games compared to the HD consoles, but the market's there, and if a developer makes a good M-rated game, which will appeal to people, people will buy it. The trouble is that they want to make that game on the HD consoles, because it will sell a hell of a lot more (and by this stage, it would), and then do a shoddy port to Wii which nobody likes. Most Wii third-party exclusives try to be innovative and different (not to say they're always good) and lower development costs mean less risk, but there's still no huge market for them.

So basically, if you want to convince publishers that there's a market for M-rated consoles on Wii, there's only one way to vote: with your $50/£30 or however many Euros.

EDIT: You know you've failed when I'm defending the Wii

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I have Shattered Memories on pre-order and I cannot wait.

TWRoO said:
StevenKreg said:

But thats just me.

Pray tell, what exactly is your definition of a mature gamer? Or indeed a mature game.

Judging by his post, I would guess blood, gore and extreme violence.

Do yourself a favour and buy LBP.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective