By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

c0rd said:
lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:
I think its the 2nd worst ending to the series behind FF7.

FF7 didn't have a bad ending, just a very anticlimatic last fight. I mean, seriously, WTF was up with that fight with Sephiroth? 

The one with only Cloud? Or the one before?

The final boss fight / cutscenes of FFXIII seemed like all nonsense to me, which I guess I should expect from a JRPG (seems like thats the case half the time). I suppose the direction the story was heading in meant the ending couldn't be satisfying for me, at that point I cared more about the reward it'd give me, but even then, it could've been better... it was way too sudden. 2 min of V/F saving everything (pretty unexpected, no g-bye or nothin), 2 min of "Yay, S / D are back!", and bam, done. Like they were in a hurry to wrap the whole thing up. Bleh.

I just watched it all again, can't stress how much I love Light! Start of the final fight:

"Find your own road to hell!" Ha.

On that note, I also just checked out the FFX ending. God damn, that game was too fucking good! Watching some FFVI now, and loving it. One thing's for damn sure, Uematsu >>> My Heart.

The one with only Cloud. They could have made that into a cutscene and it would have been so much better >_>

The problem with FFXIII ending is that the english dialogue doesn't make much sense with the actual action. I've seen the fan translated version on FF-XIII.net and trust me, it's much better than the official one.

It makes sense in the way that it's the only logical conclusion of what could happen to Cocoon and Pulse, and why they voluntarely sacrificed themselves in order to save Cocoon's humankind. It was an announced ending, nothing trully unexpected. But then again, no FF has ever had a completely unexpected ending xD 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network

Is the collector's catalog effect stackable?

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:
Is the collector's catalog effect stackable?

Nope, it only works individually. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:

The one with only Cloud. They could have made that into a cutscene and it would have been so much better >_>

The problem with FFXIII ending is that the english dialogue doesn't make much sense with the actual action. I've seen the fan translated version on FF-XIII.net and trust me, it's much better than the official one.

It makes sense in the way that it's the only logical conclusion of what could happen to Cocoon and Pulse, and why they voluntarely sacrificed themselves in order to save Cocoon's humankind. It was an announced ending, nothing trully unexpected. But then again, no FF has ever had a completely unexpected ending xD 

Do you have a link to that? I don't see it.

I'm reading a bit more on how things came to be, and I dunno... did anyone else miss a ton of stuff? Or were things just a bit confusing? Maybe I didn't care enough for the story? Did we have to read the Datalog?

I suppose I felt the story was too convoluted for me, I like em a bit more straight-forward (more old school, less FF8 kinda thing). I'll say this much, I definitely didn't beat the boss expecting the two to do what they did. I thought the group didn't have a plan, and were just kinda going with the flow...

c0rd said:
lestatdark said:

Do you have a link to that? I don't see it.

I'm reading a bit more on how things came to be, and I dunno... did anyone else miss a ton of stuff? Or were things just a bit confusing? Maybe I didn't care enough for the story? Did we have to read the Datalog?

I suppose I felt the story was too convoluted for me, I like em a bit more straight-forward (more old school, less FF8 kinda thing). I'll say this much, I definitely didn't beat the boss expecting the two to do what they did. I thought the group didn't have a plan, and were just kinda going with the flow...

http://www.ff-xiii.net/boards/

They had it up as a quick link when the Translation project was still going, but since the EU/NA release it's been taken down. 

The datalog explains a lot of the story and the events that lead to the actions of the game. But the actual story of Vanille and Fang is much more subtle, you only get the full grasp of it by using some logic as to why Pulse is in the state that it is. 

Current PC Build

Around the Network

The best thing bout the FFXIII ending is the connection to the logo

that was too awesome!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

haha Im back lol, i'm still trying to platinum this game, it is taking forever lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

FFXIV Online OST has leaked!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/gurodoll#grid/user/0A678E6B59F13371

I have a problem with the final fight in Final Fantasy XIII. For pretty much the entire second half of the game, the party was working to not go along with Barthandelus plan to having them destroy Orphan which would cut the power given to Eden. They even spent the last 2 chapters of the game trying to prevent the Calvary from killing him. But when they confronted Orphan, they fought him and were aiming to take him down without a second thought. I was like "WTF, I thought you guys were trying to protect Cocoon, why are you trying to kill now what you've been trying from the whole second half of the game not to kill in order to save Cocoon?" Did I miss something here? Is this another result of this so called "bad translation" I've been hearing the NA version of FFXIII got?

@g-value

Highlight your whole post. BIG spoilers.