By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

vercringetorix, 5/5s... that wasn't very difficult at all for the last mission, dissapointed a little, much prefer the super bosses on FFX, Ultima Buster for the win! xD

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network
mitsuhide said:
vercringetorix, 5/5s... that wasn't very difficult at all for the last mission, dissapointed a little, much prefer the super bosses on FFX, Ultima Buster for the win! xD

Yup, he was very dissapointing for a super boss. I beat him twice because I didn't 5/5 him on the first time. Seriously, even some of the missions are harder than him xD

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:

Yup, he was very dissapointing for a super boss. I beat him twice because I didn't 5/5 him on the first time. Seriously, even some of the missions are harder than him xD

the neochus are harder than him if you dont use the dearth trick, trying to 5/5 the 2nd form of orphan now and even with the gold watch this is abit difficult 

DONE IT!!!! Superstar is mine, mwhahaha :)

@kyliedog ragnarok did do something in the movie when cocoon was going to collide into pulse (which would have destroyed both pulse and cocoon), ragnarock stopped it, therefore saveing pulse, cocoon was done for hence everyone moving to pulse at the end, i thought it was a nice touch vanille and fang sacrified themselves to save everyone and grand pulse

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Hrmm...

One problem I have with lestatdark's explanation is Vanille & Fang. If Ragnarok is supposed to be a savior, then what happened 500 years back doesn't make sense. Copy & paste from FF wiki:

In the climax of the War of Transgression, Vanille is too scared to use the power of Ragnarok so Fang is forced to become the mighty beast on her own. Fang's incomplete form of Ragnarok manages to leave a huge scar in Cocoon's shell, but she is unable to destroy it. Taking pity on the people of Cocoon, the Goddess decides to intervine in the war and crystallizes both Vanille and Fang before they are able to complete their Focus.

Taking pity, as in... well, bad things would've happened to them otherwise, right?

c0rd said:

Hrmm...

One problem I have with lestatdark's explanation is Vanille & Fang. If Ragnarok is supposed to be a savior, then what happened 500 years back doesn't make sense. Copy & paste from FF wiki:

In the climax of the War of Transgression, Vanille is too scared to use the power of Ragnarok so Fang is forced to become the mighty beast on her own. Fang's incomplete form of Ragnarok manages to leave a huge scar in Cocoon's shell, but she is unable to destroy it. Taking pity on the people of Cocoon, the Goddess decides to intervine in the war and crystallizes both Vanille and Fang before they are able to complete their Focus.

Taking pity, as in... well, bad things would've happened to them otherwise, right?

I agree that there are parts that are badly explained. 500 years ago, there was still people on Pulse, mainly on Oerba alone. If Cocoon had been destroyed then, that would also would mean the end of Humanity, as we see that the people of Pulse didn't survive as well. Maybe that's why Lindzei took pity on the people of Cocoon?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

LOL lestatdark seems to be the only one who 100% understood it
well here is one more theory which may have been mentioned before but cus my comps slow I didn't highlight all te

lestatdark seems to be the only one who 99% understood it

well here is one more theory which may have been mentioned before but cus my comps slow I didn't highlight all the posts:

Where it says the "goddess took pity".......thats a part of the analect that WILL be biased towards the pulse side of the story as the analect is from pulse........some people think that its possible that this "goddess" was actually Vanille (not in the literal sense but in the metaphorical sense).....because vanille was too scared to cause destruction she took pity upon cocoon and refused to become Ragnarok.

Another theory suggests that when cocoons outer shell broke on that part, it fell on oerba basically destroying the village & angering the fal'cie which then started turning humans into l'cie left right & centre which led to civil war ( The bit in ITALICS is clearly stated in an analect you find on pulse).

Finally Fang also says many times in the game "I became ragnarok and caused destruction upon THIS world"....she says that on pulse near oerba and also at oerba the white stuff we see is like crystal & if you look at cocoon there is still some crystal floating down.....that could be the remnants of the "outer shell" still floating down.

Its because of that guilt that Fang & Vanille decide to save cocoon

No WHY they suddenly realize that ragnarok can SAVE cocoon I DO NOT KNOW

But as I'm replaying the game I saw the scene where they see their focus as a "dream"........and the short bits in that scene were from FF13's ending,....maybe Fang + Vanille just suddenly realized that?

_________

@g-value

When they saw orphans true form they had to fight him.

They WENT to that place thinking orphan would want to SAVE cocoon and that orphan would be "vulnerable".....but what they found was that orphan also wanted the destruction of cocoon cus that was his aim since the day cocoon was born "build a factory for humans, destroy it one day to call the maker". 

If they didn't kill orphan then & there the cycle would just continue and I think they did a very human thing.......they were under a lot of stress & pressure & they just had to defeat orphan

After that they were hoping for a miracle to save cocoon.........they killed orphan knowing what would happen.

It sounds silly but when they found the biggest evil in all of cocoon THEY HAD  TO DESTROY IT...............after that they just hoped something would happent that would save cocoon. And that did happen after Fang + Vanille realized their true focus

barthandelus was lying about their focus all along cus the "dream" that they see at the end of chapter 2 has direct scenes from the games ending (realized this while replaying the game) so their focus HAD to be to save cocoon

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

FINALLY beat the game today. Yeh I took my time because I was busy with GOW III and Heavy Rain.

Chap 11 - 9.8
Chap 12 - 10
Chap 13 - 9.5

Chap 12 is my fav. The FMV from Chap 11 to 12 was one of the best scenes ever in FF history. The Ending was beautiful. I do think that although the lyrics of My Hand has got nothing to do with FF, I love the song and though it was fitting. Not 100% fitting but enough to satisfy me.

So what's next for me...

Grinding, Missions and aiming for Platnium.

My god how easy things are for me right now. Battles that took 47 secs now take 15 secs.

And 30k CP for each NODE?!! And I bet it'll take time for me to reach Mission 55 coz I'm only up to Mission 29.

Question about 1 trophy. Apparently the to get the Trophy for Finding a Ribbon with a Chocobo requires me to first dig up 20 treasures and after the 20th I will find the Ribbon. Is that true?

@cross-x

the lyrics for My Hands actually convey the same message as the lyrics from Kimi Ga Iru Kara (according to someone on ffxiii.net).

Yeah the chapter 12 opening scene was THE 2ND BEST SCENE IN AN FF EVER!

@Fab_GS

NOOOOO ITS BEEN TAKEN DOWN FOR COPYRIGHT REASONS!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey