By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

Wagram said:
PS3 got the better deal with the XMB Themes. Really wish they were dynamic themes though. I use the Fang theme on my PS3. :D

So does a friend of mine.

I may just give the PS3 version a run when I want to replay the game, since my friend ended up buying it. I can easily go for the Lightning theme at least, since it'd be in the way, and she's awesome anyway...

I do like the gamer pics though... since it shows up on my VGC sig! In a few days, it'll change to Serah, eheh. Just got a few missions to do (tried 62 once and failed, that looks nasty), then the weapon / acc thing (which I'm really not looking forward to).

Around the Network

@lestatdark

I know why YOU would like the ending of FFXIII lol

Anyway CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on 70 hours now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@lestatdark

I know why YOU would like the ending of FFXIII lol

Anyway CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on 70 hours now!

Vanille FTW! XD 

But seriously, I like it because it makes perfect sense to the overall story of the game.

Thanks, hope that you get yours soon too  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Friend of mine finds it one of the worse endings for the series. I thought it was alright. I really like how something we have seen for along time comes into play. Thought that was nifty.

Though I hope we never have to here Leona Lewis again.

I think its the 2nd worst ending to the series behind FF7.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

FF7 didn't have a bad ending, just a very anticlimatic last fight. I mean, seriously, WTF was up with that fight with Sephiroth? 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

FF7 has probably the worst ending in the series IMO. 8 and 10 tied for the best. Lol @ Zell choking on a hot dog.

@lestatdark

sorry the ending just didn't get to me in FF7.

It ended abruptly & I wanted to see more of the characters & a longing was left......basically similar to FF13!

FF13 - 2 PLEASE!!!!!!
_______

@wagram

FF10 had the best ending hands down!

Even though I see FF12 as the worst in the series it had the 2nd best ending....a very satisfying conclusion with great music at the end.....and the subtle scene where we realize BALTHIER SURVIVED was too awesome!

darthdevidem01 said:
@lestatdark

sorry the ending just didn't get to me in FF7.

It ended abruptly & I wanted to see more of the characters & a longing was left......basically similar to FF13!

FF13 - 2 PLEASE!!!!!!
_______

@wagram

FF10 had the best ending hands down!

Even though I see FF12 as the worst in the series it had the 2nd best ending....a very satisfying conclusion with great music at the end.....and the subtle scene where we realize BALTHIER SURVIVED was too awesome!

FF12 had a pretty good ending, which would have made a heck more sense if they had stick to their original plan of using Balthier as the main character, instead of Vaan. 

To me, the best ending in any FF is from FFIV. Golbez parting ways with Cecil after thwarting Zeromus plans was pretty touching for the time. Plus, the coronation scene of Cecil and Rosa is also pretty hilarious thanks to Palom and Porum (Hint, hint, reminds you of something in FFXIII? XD) and Cid too. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
darthdevidem01 said:

FF7 didn't have a bad ending, just a very anticlimatic last fight. I mean, seriously, WTF was up with that fight with Sephiroth? 

The one with only Cloud? Or the one before?

The final boss fight / cutscenes of FFXIII seemed like all nonsense to me, which I guess I should expect from a JRPG (seems like thats the case half the time). I suppose the direction the story was heading in meant the ending couldn't be satisfying for me, at that point I cared more about the reward it'd give me, but even then, it could've been better... it was way too sudden. 2 min of V/F saving everything (pretty unexpected, no g-bye or nothin), 2 min of "Yay, S / D are back!", and bam, done. Like they were in a hurry to wrap the whole thing up. Bleh.

I just watched it all again, can't stress how much I love Light! Start of the final fight:

"Find your own road to hell!" Ha.

On that note, I also just checked out the FFX ending. God damn, that game was too fucking good! Watching some FFVI now, and loving it. One thing's for damn sure, Uematsu >>> My Heart.