By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

darthdevidem01 said:
BTW 1000 needles KO's me in 1 hit when I fought against the giant cactuar thingy (that was before I went to chapter 12)

what would my HP have to be to be able to fight he/she again?

Over 15K at least, should you be as unlucky as me. Also, use the Random: Instant Chain ability (Lionheart/Ultima Weapon + Survivalist Catalog accessories) and cross your fingers that you get the stagger fast.

Use a SEN with lots of Pain resisting accessories and hope that you have better luck than me, once again. Even with 75% pain resist, he always hit me with that...  

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Riachu said:
some of the enemies in Chapter 13 are really cheap, some of them take several minues to kill and because of that, it makes getting a Game Over frustrating.

Just wait until you get to the latter missions >_<

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

im sry for my behaviour towards this game in dec/jan/feb all of u. after playing it myself it stands with ff7 and 8 as my favorite. i was wrong so i'm sorry (sorry for shorthand, typing from ps3)

Daaayyuuuuumm. Mah'hadsras (whatever) is freaking awesome.

I got 10,000 CP from one battle! Awesome!

I grinded for a tiny bit and now have almost 4K for Light and Fang and 3K for snow.

But damn, my Gladius turned into a Helter-Skelter! Is that bad?

Oh, BTW, Lightning, Fang, and Hope are definitely the best party. Hope has almost every buff (except Haste) and Fang has almost every debuff (except Imperil, but who cares about that?).

Should my Crystarium be maxed out before proceeding that much further (I'm at the tower before Oerba now)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
This is so fucking annoying. How the hell can he attack while Challenged, it doesn't make any frigging sense >_>

Gigantaur is a fun bastard to 5/5.

I'm going for a Random: Instant Chain strategy. I don't see how he's fun rather than annoying and cheap. He's the only enemy in the entire game that while challenged still attacks other characters. 

Yeah I had to do that as well. There was no other way to do it. I got close once, I spammed stop on him like crazy.

But Instant:Chain worked like a charm.

Around the Network
dtewi said:

I grinded for a tiny bit and now have almost 4K for Light and Fang and 3K for snow.

Oh, BTW, Lightning, Fang, and Hope are definitely the best party. Hope has almost every buff (except Haste) and Fang has almost every debuff (except Imperil, but who cares about that?).

Should my Crystarium be maxed out before proceeding that much further (I'm at the tower before Oerba now)

That isn't bad, you just got a Tier 2 weapon ;) It can go all the way up to level 60, so you got tons to level up.

Imperil is one of the most important debuffs for later missions, since a Weakness actually doubles the Chain Link gauge instead of the normal x% boost a RAV gets.

You have pretty good stats, that should suffice to end the chapter. 

Current PC Build

Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
lestatdark said:
This is so fucking annoying. How the hell can he attack while Challenged, it doesn't make any frigging sense >_>

Gigantaur is a fun bastard to 5/5.

I'm going for a Random: Instant Chain strategy. I don't see how he's fun rather than annoying and cheap. He's the only enemy in the entire game that while challenged still attacks other characters. 

Yeah I had to do that as well. There was no other way to do it. I got close once, I spammed stop on him like crazy.

But Instant:Chain worked like a charm.

I got close to do it now, but the SOB attacked Fang like crazy, four times in a row. This is without a shadow of a doubt one of the cheapest fights i've ever had in a JRPG. 

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
dtewi said:

That isn't bad, you just got a Tier 2 weapon ;) It can go all the way up to level 60, so you got tons to level up.

Imperil is one of the most important debuffs for later missions, since a Weakness actually doubles the Chain Link gauge instead of the normal x% boost a RAV gets.

Meh. Does Fang get it in Crystarium Stage 9 and 10?

(Imagine the international version, they'll probably have 13 Crystarium stages and 130 missions, with super mega bosses)

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

So liking chapter 11 more than 10? lol

BTW you can go back to any place in pulse AFTER beating the chp 11 boss

so after beating the chp 11 boss you get a crystarium expansion....s you can go back to griding if you wish

ATLEAST ride a chocobo before finishing chapter 11!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dtewi said:
lestatdark said:
dtewi said:

Meh. Does Fang get it in Crystarium Stage 9 and 10?

(Imagine the international version, they'll probably have 13 Crystarium stages and 130 missions, with super mega bosses)

She gets it at Crystarium 9, so don't worry about it for now. 

An International Version would be awesome, though I don't see that happening. Even if it did, it would still be JP only, as usual. 

Current PC Build