By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

I can not beat the Big Turtles :(

My characters are all around 15k HP and snow has over 20k HP

What to do? I tried casting death but I get killed before something happens

Around the Network

I'm not sure if anyone was aware of this but I have two options of getting a good amonut of cp very quickly.

1. There are these frog like creatures that do a move called "mating dance" where they call more of their kind (weaker monsters), you will encounter this monster on grand pulse or playing with Sazh and Vanille. Let it do the little dance and call the weaker monsters, kill the weaker monsters and switch to a shift with all medics or something that wont make your team attack the main monster. Within a few seconds he will do the "mating dance" again and call more, I did this for about 20 miuntes and walked away with 10,000 (did this in gran pulse).

2. Someone needs to learn death and have a shift with two sabs and a rav. YOU CAN ONLY DO THIS ON GRAN PULSE, find an adamantoid (giant turle like creature with tusks and ALWAYS walking around) and at the start of the battle summon an eidolon. The mere appearance of your eidolon will bring the creature down, waste no time and do your summons ultimate attack. Once your eidolon is gone keep casting death, the other sab will be placing status ailment and the rav will be attacking, eventually you will get him. If he manages to get back up bbefore you can kill it with death, pause it and retry the fight until it works. I know it sounds like pain but you will walk away with 40,000 cp if you do it which is better than running around getting 2,000-3,000 per fight. If you have a fortisol use it if you like, if you have haste you can death a little more.

what is the best magic weapon for vanille?

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Cthulhu said:
I can not beat the Big Turtles :(

My characters are all around 15k HP and snow has over 20k HP

What to do? I tried casting death but I get killed before something happens

First and foremost, for a head to head tactic, you'll need to have two characters that can buff and debuff properly.

The adamantortoises are your best bet for early attempts, those are the ones standing still on the northern part of the Steppe. They have 3.5M HP. The ones roaming about, Adamantoises, are harder and have about 5M HP

To defeat them, equip yourself with two General Belts *, that will reduce physical damage by 30%. Also equip Aurora Armlets (First Strike) and Genji Gloves to Fang

Use the following paradigms:

- Start the battle with SYN/SYN/MED. Buff your party with Haste/Faith/Protect for your magic users, and Haste/Bravery/Protect for Fang
- Once buffed, switch to RAV/RAV/MED and stagger one of the legs
- After you see the stagger, switch immediatly to COM/MED/MED and use Highwind on the staggered leg, that will kill it.
- Repeat for the other leg
- Switch to SAB/SYN/SAB and give the Oretoise Deprotet, Deshell, Slow and Imperil
- Switch to RAV/RAV/RAV, stagger the Oretoise and build the chain up to 800%
- Switch to COM/COM/RAV and rip on the Oretoise. That should be enough. Should he stand up, immediatly use an Highwind to knock out the rest of the HP.

This strategy works 100% of the time if you have everything needed.

Other than that, equip a Malboro Wand (Upgraded from Belladona Wand) on Vanille, get SAB/SAB/SAB, summon at the start of the battle to knock out the legs, immediatly do gestalt and final attack and spam Death when your party returns. Death won't work unless the enemy is down. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

mitsuhide said:

The Pearlwing staff gives you the highest magic possible.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:

The Pearlwing staff gives you the highest magic possible.

thank you most graciously :)

Best magic weapon to use for adamantoises though is Marlboro wand imo. Has the debuff II on it. Great for sabing them.

Euphoria14 said:

I can't beat Mithridates. He just spanked me. Granted I am still only in Ch. 11.

I think I have been spending way too much time in Pulse.

Levinbolt is SO ANNOYING!

Just finsihed mission 27

The nasty bugger but deshell on me & used levinbolt = instant KO for everyone but light!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I can't beat Mithridates. He just spanked me. Granted I am still only in Ch. 11.

I think I have been spending way too much time in Pulse.

Levinbolt is SO ANNOYING!

Just finsihed mission 27

The nasty bugger but deshell on me & used levinbolt = instant KO for everyone but light!

What about using Fulmen rings? I used Fulmen rings * in everyone of my party, it had a 40% lighting resist xD 

He's not even hard outside his Levinbolt, I defeated him on chapter 11.  

Current PC Build

i love barthandelus's mechanical owl ^_^