By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

I have a problem though, everybody who imported FFXIII and the people in japanese have all said that FFXIII was less of a game and more like an interactive movie. But I don't see it. FFXIII has no more cutscenes then any other FF game I've played (minus FF12). Hell, Lost Odyssey and Tales of Vesperia had more cutscenes then this game. Xenosaga was an interactive movie, FFXIII isn't.

Around the Network
Cross-X said:
Ok so I've arrived at the Oerba village and now looking for the Bhakti parts. Are they hard to find? I've been hearing that ppl find it hard to find the 5th piece or this one piece.

btw I wanted to mention this before.

I would LOVE to live in a place like Nautilis. Such a beautiful location.

no they are not, its just that for one piece you have to fight an enemy. 

a12331 said:
Cross-X said:
Ok so I've arrived at the Oerba village and now looking for the Bhakti parts. Are they hard to find? I've been hearing that ppl find it hard to find the 5th piece or this one piece.

btw I wanted to mention this before.

I would LOVE to live in a place like Nautilis. Such a beautiful location.

no they are not, its just that for one piece you have to fight an enemy. 

Could you tell me which enemies I have to fight for the piece?

a12331 said:
lestatdark said:
Wagram said:
STEELGUARD!

What do you consider to be the best weapons for a Strength based Fang? I'm currently using the Glaive * since I've not found a Trapezahedron yet.

these are the first form names hope it helps

Fang:
Bladed Lance:       753 str          314 mag
Dragoon Lance:    962 str          0 mag
Partisan:               307 str          839 mag
Shamanic Spear:   0 str              941 mag
Punisher:              517 str          731 mag
Pandoran Spear:  616 str          830 mag
Taming Pole:         921 str          921 mag

Thanks, so I better get a Dragoon Lance then xD It's just that damn Trapezahedron that's being stubborn >_>

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Ok. Just chiming in.

Got the game a few days ago and I must say that whilst the graphics are great and the battle system is fun (though a bit too fast paced for my tastes), the script and most of the voice acting however is utterly horrible and makes it nearly impossible for me to enjoy the game. For a game thats suppose to have such a great story its utterly dissapointing that they couldn't get the dialogue and voice acting right.

And whats up with all the grunts and stuff? mmm ahhh... Its like they were afraid to have a single moment without the characters making any sounds.

Still got a long way to go so hopefully it picks up... But with that happy chick and emo kid that wants revenge for stupid reasons I can't see it getting much better unless they're both killed off.

Around the Network

After Finishing Final Fantasy XIII and Racking it Number 2 on my all time Favorite Final Fantasy list here is my favorite Final Fantasy Games

My favorite Main Number Final Fantasy Games

1. Final Fantasy X
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  3. Final Fantasy VIII=Final Fantasy VII
  4. Final Fantasy VI
  5. Final Fantasy V
  6. Final Fantasy IX
  7. Final Fantasy XII
  8. Final Fantasy IV
  9. Final Fantasy III
  10. Final Fantasy II
  11. Final Fantasy

FFX was the first FF I owned and the Best Game ever made.

FFVII & FFVIII are equal 3rd at the moment but that will change soon because I played them at the same time and love them both equally and am still deciding which I liked better.

FFVI is Steampunk Awesomeness and 2D FF at its best but I did not play it until the PS Version.    

Main series related and others

1. Final Fantasy X-2 
  2. Final Fantasy VII Crisis Core 
  3. Final Fantasy Tactics 
  4. Final Fantasy VII Dirge of Cerberus
  5. Final Fantasy XI

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

The_vagabond7 said:
Just beat it, Fantastic ending. I actually ended up liking the leona lewis song
, it worked in the context pretty well. I'm all faklempt now after the ending. Hated most of chapter XIII, and the final boss seemed excessive, not really hard, just a stupid amount of hitpoints, didn't get deathed luckily, but the ending makes up for it. Great game, very very satisfied.

Now onto Pulse to do all sorts of crazy stuff.

Also iTunes is just stupid. the FFXIII OST is on there, but you have to buy the songs individually which is like 90 bucks. It's just stupid, I'll get the album elsewhere thank you, jack ass.

I agree it fit in really well imo!

The ending was magnificent!!

Now enjoy doing missions!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

hikaruchan said:

1. Final Fantasy X
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  4. Final Fantasy VI
  5. Final Fantasy V
  6. Final Fantasy IX
  7. Final Fantasy XII
  8. Final Fantasy IV
  9. Final Fantasy III
  10. Final Fantasy II
  11. Final Fantasy

FFVII & FFVIII are equal 3rd at the moment but that will change soon because I played them at the same time and love them both equally and am still deciding which I liked better.

FFVI is Steampunk Awesomeness and 2D FF at its best but I did not play it until the PS Version.    

1. Final Fantasy X-2 
  3. Final Fantasy Tactics 
  5. Final Fantasy XI

cool for me its like this now:

1. Final Fantasy VI

2. Final Fantasy XIII

3. Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy IV

5. Final Fantasy VII

6. Final Fantasy IX

7. Final Fantasy VIII

8. Final Fantasy XII

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
The_vagabond7 said:
Just beat it, Fantastic ending. I actually ended up liking the leona lewis song
, it worked in the context pretty well. I'm all faklempt now after the ending. Hated most of chapter XIII, and the final boss seemed excessive, not really hard, just a stupid amount of hitpoints, didn't get deathed luckily, but the ending makes up for it. Great game, very very satisfied.

Now onto Pulse to do all sorts of crazy stuff.

Also iTunes is just stupid. the FFXIII OST is on there, but you have to buy the songs individually which is like 90 bucks. It's just stupid, I'll get the album elsewhere thank you, jack ass.

I agree it fit in really well imo!

The ending was magnificent!!

Now enjoy doing missions!

Agreed The Ending is Awesome but I have only played the Japanese Version of FFXIII and I have seen the English end but I prefer the Japanese ending because I like original the Japanese Theme Song 君がいるから Kimi ga Iru kara by (菅原紗由理 Sugawara Sayuri better. 

darthdevidem01 said:
hikaruchan said:

1. Final Fantasy X
  2. Final Fantasy XIII
  4. Final Fantasy VI
  5. Final Fantasy V
  6. Final Fantasy IX
  7. Final Fantasy XII
  8. Final Fantasy IV
  9. Final Fantasy III
  10. Final Fantasy II
  11. Final Fantasy

1. Final Fantasy X-2 
  3. Final Fantasy Tactics 
  5. Final Fantasy XI

cool for me its like this now:

1. Final Fantasy VI

2. Final Fantasy XIII

3. Final Fantasy X

4. Final Fantasy IV

5. Final Fantasy VII

6. Final Fantasy IX

7. Final Fantasy VIII

8. Final Fantasy XII

you to have a awesome list and FFVI might go higher up my list after I spend abit more time with the Game.