By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

mitsuhide said:
lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:
lestatdark said:
mitsuhide said:
cactuar hunting is good fun xD as are chocobos and killing behemoths which im finding quite easy now but cant do mission 15, the one with the goblin chieftan and 6 goblins, should be able to though just keep dieing at stupid times

Use a Fortisol or try to get the Auto-Haste ability on all your party. Then keep them down by using Ruinga and Blitz with your Commander. That way, your two RAV can wail on them quite easily

just what you said plus a deceptisol and beat the behemoth king in 26 seconds xD

I'm defeating Humbaba's in 10 seconds XD Those are 1.5M HP behemots :P 

wow thats some serious grinding xD

Actually it's more of leveling up both my Weapons and Accesories. I have Auto-Haste + Auto-Brav/Faith for my characters, Fang has her Tier 2 weapon to * and a Power Ring to *, giving her and additional 600 Strength. It's almost the same for Lightning and Vanille. I've yet to complete half of Crystarium level 9, because I'm just trying to finish the game. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

So many people keep asking about stopping to grind. Is this what the FF series has hammered into their brains. I've been treating it more like God of War where I just keep going to advance the story asap, upgrading my weapons with XP from enemies int he way as I do.

If I ever hit a wall (hard boss) I suppose I would go back and grind, but that is yet to happen and I'm on Chapter XIII. Aside from my weapons that are awaiting the catalysted to make them the final form my equipment is all pre-pulse except for 2 things also.

Did I mention chapter XIII is awful? So boring.

It all depends on the difficulty threshold that people are willing to risk.

Some people just falter when brought to a challenge, some prefer it that way. Outside Chapter 11, I never grinded and I got through the game quite easily. The CP given by enemies is more than sufficient. I prefered to fight the Missions on Chapter 11 instead of doing them after finishing the game, even though some were borderline impossible for my level, some will prefer to do them after the game.

I'm about to start chapter XIII tommorrow night, why is it that boring? 

Its linear again, the scenary is just garbage.  You'll see what I mean.

Also from your other post...Crystarium level 9?  I'm still on level 5, only touched the main 3 also.

What Role level do you have for your characters?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

So many people keep asking about stopping to grind. Is this what the FF series has hammered into their brains. I've been treating it more like God of War where I just keep going to advance the story asap, upgrading my weapons with XP from enemies int he way as I do.

If I ever hit a wall (hard boss) I suppose I would go back and grind, but that is yet to happen and I'm on Chapter XIII. Aside from my weapons that are awaiting the catalysted to make them the final form my equipment is all pre-pulse except for 2 things also.

Some people just falter when brought to a challenge, some prefer it that way. Outside Chapter 11, I never grinded and I got through the game quite easily. The CP given by enemies is more than sufficient. I prefered to fight the Missions on Chapter 11 instead of doing them after finishing the game, even though some were borderline impossible for my level, some will prefer to do them after the game.

Precicely. I loved the brutality of Demon's Souls and Yu-Gi-Oh!, yet some people simply give up on the first Game Over screen. Not everyone is like you and me KylieDog. And in JRPGs in particular, I like to have the edge.

Or to put it in other words, I don't like numbers preventing me from progressing; action RPGs like DS rely on player skill mostly, so I like the challenge. In JRPGs though, it seems like you've come across a "Return Stronger" sign, which is kinda irritating.

routsounmanman said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

Precicely. I loved the brutality of Demon's Souls and Yu-Gi-Oh!, yet some people simply give up on the first Game Over screen. Not everyone is like you and me KylieDog. And in JRPGs in particular, I like to have the edge.

Or to put it in other words, I don't like numbers preventing me from progressing; action RPGs like DS rely on player skill mostly, so I like the challenge. In JRPGs though, it seems like you've come across a "Return Stronger" sign, which is kinda irritating.

Yup, that's why most of my favourite RPGs are Action RPG's, because I like a challenge and I like to be even with my enemies.

In most JRPG's they use fictional barriers by upgrading the strength of enemies so much that no amount of skill can get you through them, unless there is some exploit, like Level 1 Ozma in FFIX or Initial Weapons on Lufia 2. 

Also, I found out that later chapter enemies in FFXIII give you too much CP, especially if you try to do the missions. I only grinded for about 1 hour on chapter 11, and all the rest was just wandering about fighting marks and searching the maps. If you do anything else other than the main story path, you'll be overpowered too soon. 

Current PC Build

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

Also from your other post...Crystarium level 9?  I'm still on level 5, only touched the main 3 also.

Role level 4, filling stats leading towards role level 5, but only one extra branch availiable, I cannot see the role level 5 upgrade yet.

Then how come you're at level 5 still? Role level 4 is unlocked at Crystarium level 8 o.O

Current PC Build

Around the Network

not been able to play at all today.....very busy day!

MUST FILL UP EVERYONES CRYSTARIUM

but I jut wanna restart the game TBH!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
not been able to play at all today.....very busy day!

MUST FILL UP EVERYONES CRYSTARIUM

but I jut wanna restart the game TBH!

lol have you finished it now?? What about Resonance of Fate r u bothered about it??

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

oh sugar muffins i just accidently found the Juggernaut... eek!

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:
lestatdark said:
KylieDog said:

Role level 4, filling stats leading towards role level 5, but only one extra branch availiable, I cannot see the role level 5 upgrade yet.

Then how come you're at level 5 still? Role level 4 is unlocked at Crystarium level 8 o.O

Ok I think I'm misunderstanding.  When you say "Crystarium level 8" I presume you mean role level 8.   But you actually mean 8 'rows' of upgrades?  Is that right?

So is role level 5 the maximum?  Making 10 Crystarium levels only?   I presumed it went all the way to role level 10...

Oh ok xD Yes, there are only 5 role levels, but Crystarium goes up all the way to 10. When you achieve role leve 5 for any role, you'll unlock a trophy (I think), and there's another one to fully upgrade each character's Roles.

Current PC Build

I have a question. Should I even bother to be levelling up the Gladius or does the Lionheart come in like Chap 13?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you