By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Final Fantasy XIII Thread + League + VGCritic

darthdevidem01 said:
jneul said:
darthdevidem01 said:
not been able to play at all today.....very busy day!

MUST FILL UP EVERYONES CRYSTARIUM

but I jut wanna restart the game TBH!

lol have you finished it now?? What about Resonance of Fate r u bothered about it??

yup, the ending is magnificent.

I was hyped for ROF

bnut after seeing the gametrailers review (not the score)....but watching it & seeing the environments, feel & then hearing that the atmosphere is gloomy, depressing & so on I have decided to pass it.

Also wagram didn't sem to like it too much & from what I've seen our tastes are quite similar.

I hate loomy & depressing RPG's like Fallout 3, I even though PErsona 4 was gloomy & boring

so I'll be skipping ROF.

I might get SO4 or heavy rain instead BUT I have A2's in June, so I should really play less & study more from april lol!

I was quite impressed by the demo on the JAPENESE psn, I tought it was awesome, but each to their own, of course it's no reperesentation of the overall story, which as we know can make/break an RPG.

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

SO4 is really good, dont expect Final Fantasy like graphics but the size of the game is fairly impressive.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

IMO S04 has a better story than FF XIII.

army of one is pure awesome

so what does clearing chain gauages with the special attacks actually do? can someone explain that to me.

Around the Network
KylieDog said:
I beat the game.

What a magnificent ending and cheap final boss.

Back to pulse it is, where the game great but worse than chapters 6,7.

I agree!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

chriscox1121 said:
so what does clearing chain gauages with the special attacks actually do? can someone explain that to me.

As far as I've uncovered it, special attacks such as Army of One or Highwind work by doing ultimate damage when enemies are staggered. Army of one does it better on ground enemies and highwind has a surplus damage when enemies are launched.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
chriscox1121 said:

As far as I've uncovered it, special attacks such as Army of One or Highwind work by doing ultimate damage when enemies are staggered. Army of one does it better on ground enemies and highwind has a surplus damage when enemies are launched.

but, what does clearing chain guages mean?

chriscox1121 said:
lestatdark said:
chriscox1121 said:

but, what does clearing chain guages mean?

If you use any Special attack too soon on the stagger bar, it will reset to 100%, even if it was just starting the stagger. Pretty much like Gestalts do, when they use their special attack on staggered enemies

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Final Boss was a joke, but I thought the ending was alright apart from Leona Lewis.